Poll

Excluding games mentioned below, which is your less favourite Castlevania game and why?

Castlevania (NES)
0 (0%)
Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest (NES)
0 (0%)
Haunted Castle (Arcade)
3 (14.3%)
The Castlevania Adventure (Game Boy)
5 (23.8%)
Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse (NES)
0 (0%)
Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
2 (9.5%)
Castlevania 2: Belmont's Revenge (Game Boy)
0 (0%)
Rondo of Blood (PCE)
0 (0%)
Symphony of the Night (Playstation)
0 (0%)
Castlevania: Legends (Game Boy)
3 (14.3%)
Castlevania Chronicles X68000 (Playstation)
0 (0%)
Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
0 (0%)
Circle of the Moon (Game Boy Advance)
1 (4.8%)
Harmony of Dissonance  (Game Boy Advance)
1 (4.8%)
Aria of Sorrow (Game Boy Advance)
1 (4.8%)
Lament of Innocence (PS2)
1 (4.8%)
Curse of Darkness (PS2)
4 (19%)
Dawn of Sorrow (Nintendo DS)
0 (0%)
Portrait of Ruin (Nintendo DS)
0 (0%)
Order of Ecclesia (Nintendo DS)
0 (0%)
Dracula X Chronicles (PSP)
0 (0%)
Castlevania: The Adventure Rebirth (WiiWare)
0 (0%)
Dracula X (SNES)
0 (0%)
Bloodlines (Genesis/Mega Drive)
0 (0%)
Castlevania (N64)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Least favourite Castlevania game  (Read 15237 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2013, 03:16:46 AM »
Yes I loved the fact that Sonia marries Alucard and so the Belmonts share their lineage with Dracula. That's so fanfiction-ish!
Too bad Koji took it out of the canon...

Maybe because he wants to ship Allie with Maria. (radio drama)
But from whom did the Lyudmil thing came from? If it's also from Koji, hehehehe....... Nah, most likely from one of the female staff members.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2013, 06:04:27 AM »
I am pretty sure that is the work of a girl, not Iga  ;)
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2013, 10:29:14 AM »
Yes I loved the fact that Sonia marries Alucard and so the Belmonts share their lineage with Dracula. That's so fanfiction-ish! Too bad Koji took it out of the canon...

Sonia never marries Alucard. What they had going on was a secret love affair from which Trevor was the result of that union. Had anyone known about their coupling especially the church, Sonia would have been met with the same fate as Dracula's wife.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline chainsawmidget

• that guy
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2013, 05:45:39 PM »
Yes I loved the fact that Sonia marries Alucard and so the Belmonts share their lineage with Dracula. That's so fanfiction-ish!
Too bad Koji took it out of the canon...
Is that better or worse than "Dracula really is a Belmont!"?

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2013, 06:40:53 PM »
+1

Better, because you have the whole "sins of the father" motif of Alucard extended more subtly and we also got a cool, strong female protagonist out of it.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2013, 10:28:18 PM »
Sonia never marries Alucard. What they had going on was a secret love affair from which Trevor was the result of that union. Had anyone known about their coupling especially the church, Sonia would have been met with the same fate as Dracula's wife.
Well... the important part remains the same, as long as the sheets remain silent  ;)

For my personal taste, it is better because it includes several layers of confronted feelings, instead of just one tale (which I've already recognized as a great story as well).
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2013, 03:55:54 PM »
+1
So DoctaMaria voted for CoD, I guess.

Nah, I forgot to vote. But I just brought that up to two votes! ;)

And who voted for Castlevania 4??? *lights torch and readies pitchfork*  >:(

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2013, 11:28:12 PM »
Yes, as much as I love every ClassicVania and MetroidVania, I had to vote for some game so I gave my vote for the one I love the less, which is Haunted Castle.
And as much as I love them all, I can understand every vote, except for SCV4, CotM and AoS.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 11:25:43 AM by Pfil »

Offline belmont

• castlevania is cool
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2013, 06:00:41 AM »

Don't hate me for this, but I really d'ont like the games for the DS, I know they are good games and all that, but I just d'ont like the style of the DS

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2013, 12:54:34 PM »
You should add Castlevania: Dracula X (SNES) and Castlevania 64 in the list, if possible. I will vote in Haunted Castles since its the game that I have least played.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2013, 01:18:50 PM »
That's the same criteria I applied for my vote. I played too little time Haunted Castle, and I knew it many years ago after knowing and playing several times all the other games, so, while I really like it (it's one of my favourites arcade games), it is in fact my least favourite CV.

I forgot about Bloodlines and Dracula X for the SNES too, but it isn't possible to modifiy the list.
Maybe Jorge can do it.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2013, 02:35:27 PM »
I forgot about Bloodlines and Dracula X for the SNES too, but it isn't possible to modifiy the list.
Maybe Jorge can do it.

Added Bloodlines, Dracula X and CV64 for ya :). Though personally I don't think those should be #1 on anyone's "worst" list lol. Different strokes for different folks.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2013, 02:43:51 PM »
Thanks!  :)
Now the list is complete, my work here is done, I can ride away into the sunset and disappear into a legend.
Haha! I've just watched Rango again and now I'm into western mood.

No, I don't think any of those games would be the worst in anyone's list.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2013, 03:55:15 AM »
In all honesty I'd probably have to go with Haunted Castle because of what an ugly, unplayable POS it is.

Kickin' soundtrack, though.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2013, 07:56:34 PM »
POS? Piece of shit? This remember me of AVGN.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags:

anything