Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 1047389 times)

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #1860 on: June 10, 2015, 07:45:15 AM »
I was thinking of it like an elongated whip handle with a sharp section. The blade wouldn't have a tip for stabbing. It would more just be for slicing.

It was a joke but now I'm thinking seriously about it. Ha
The worst monsters are human.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1861 on: June 10, 2015, 07:58:00 AM »
Welp guys.

Ben Judd posted an update is coming within two hours. He said they're special updates. That's right, we get TWO updates today! :D

Offline Charlie Walden

• Foran the Frigid
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #1862 on: June 10, 2015, 08:12:24 AM »
+2
I pledged the Alchemist's Treasure yesterday!  :D Finally, I'm totally in!  ;D

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1863 on: June 10, 2015, 09:48:17 AM »
+2
Just donated 500 dorra via Paypal. 8)

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1864 on: June 10, 2015, 10:05:40 AM »
Plenty of whips and swords to go around. Well I hope there is a "lot" of whips as I'll most-likely be using them over the swords. PoR had different whips to use but the lack of them in-game left much to be desired. Maybe Bloodstained will be better for it.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #1865 on: June 10, 2015, 10:22:05 AM »
+1
Good guy Armature, these guys are badasses. From the update email:

“Since the community got these platforms off the ground, we figure that it's best to let the community have them back when we're done. As a result, after the release of Bloodstained we will share, for free, the UE4 WiiU and Vita code with any developer authorized to develop on those platforms! Thank you all very much for this opportunity!”

Edit:
And additional sneak peek at the 5 mil goal:
Now: A word about the $5 million stretch goal. Well, two words. Well, OK, two bullet points.
  • It is absolutely incredible that we're even talking about a $5 million stretch goal. Your support has changed this game for the better in too many ways to count, though we'll try to during that ending stream...
  • Anyway, about that $5 million goal. It's a mode. It's going to make this game even bigger than it was before. And we'll be revealing it tonight. (When we heard Inti and IGA were willing to tackle it, our eyes went pretty wide.)

So whoever mentioned inverted castle, might be on the nose with that one. Excited for the announcement tonight!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 10:25:36 AM by TheCruelAngel »

Offline The Most Curious Thing

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #1866 on: June 10, 2015, 10:31:07 AM »
Eh, I'm not sure about the Inverted Castle being a stretch goal. I mean:

(When we heard Inti and IGA were willing to tackle it, our eyes went pretty wide.)

Inverted Castle is old fare; I think $5 mil is something he's never done before.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #1867 on: June 10, 2015, 10:42:32 AM »
If it's a seperate mode, it's not going to be an inverted castle.

Offline LoneChild

• C12H17N2O4P
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Ningun Lugar
    • Awards
« Reply #1868 on: June 10, 2015, 10:58:27 AM »
My bet - Inverted castle
My wet dream - Level editor

Offline Strider Nemesis

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #1869 on: June 10, 2015, 11:03:38 AM »
My bet - Inverted castle
My wet dream - Level editor

You better go get some tissues (just in case) because an inverted castle would not be a new mode, and only a level editor would be as impressive as they're saying it is. Unless of course they come up with something novel like first-person mode for the whole game (even if you can only advance straight).
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 11:06:18 AM by Strider Nemesis »

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #1870 on: June 10, 2015, 11:54:20 AM »
I would love it to be a head-to-head battle mode, but I have my doubts if that would be in scope for this type of game.

So I'm going to guess something more realistic, like a level editor.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1871 on: June 10, 2015, 12:05:25 PM »
Holy shit, a level editor would be awesome. It'd be like STALKER in terms of pretty much brand new games being spawned from a single source. People would be making their own custom Metroidvanias exactly how they'd like it. Peeps like Belmontoya could make their own Metroidvanias or CotM 2's that blend Classicvania challenge with Metroidvania designs...

Of course it could also be Big Head Mode or something.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #1872 on: June 10, 2015, 12:23:28 PM »
Oh guys, quick question, but was I supposed to give my shipping information when I paid via Paypal? I just realized they never asked me where I'd like the stuff to be sent, since I got the artbook, collector's goodies, etc. and it needs to be mailed to me, right? (blush)

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #1873 on: June 10, 2015, 12:31:39 PM »
+1
Good guy Armature, these guys are badasses. From the update email:

Edit:
And additional sneak peek at the 5 mil goal:
So whoever mentioned inverted castle, might be on the nose with that one. Excited for the announcement tonight!

I think the fanbase should let them know to really make sure there's as much whips as there are swords and whips
should be as useful and should be viable for everything.

They shouldn't make the mistake From Software does, mistreating and underrating whips.
One mistake Dark Souls made was making whips too rare, and on top of that not even viable compared to swords
and other weapons, and the other mistake not even designing whips made for combat/hunting/etc.

another mistake is like Dark Souls 2 whips break so easily, and still aren't viable compared to other weapons for
all its content
well at least Bloodstained would have some durability system.

and Bloodborne again has something that isn't even a pure whip, more like a cane whip but anyways still very lame
and not viable for all of the enemies/fights compared to other weapons.  so it left whip fans really upset.

in Bloodstained, whips should be just as useful, effective and viable as any other weapon. 

it's so easy for devs to make the mistake catering more to sword fans instead of whip fans.

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #1874 on: June 10, 2015, 12:49:52 PM »
in Bloodstained, whips should be just as useful, effective and viable as any other weapon. 

it's so easy for devs to make the mistake catering more to sword fans instead of whip fans.

I doubt there's too much danger of whips being non-viable in this game given whips were good for their stat levels in PoR, although obviously it would be difficult to play the entire game with just whips since there weren't that many to replace them once their stats got outclassed.

Tags:

anything