Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Are the new tracks worth it?  (Read 9436 times)

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Are the new tracks worth it?
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2008, 06:11:47 PM »
In Reply To #11

Yeah, you're totally right about how many bootlegs are on Ebay. Wish Ebay would step up and do something about it. (Maybe they can't?). But I think a lot of people misconceive what these bootlegs are.

They aren't downloaded. The bootleggers get a copy of the original thing and copy that. I've proved many a time on bootlegs I've bought against the original I sometimes purchase later (just to make amends :D). I compare the two waves in an editor. The bootlegs of today are just as lossless as the original. No fidelity cut.

Think about it, all they're doing is reburning the digital data. The point of digital is that it remains the same regardless, so long as it's transferred in whole without skips, it will match the original copy.

You could say it won't have the exact same starts and end table, but that's what you get with burns. I mean it's no different than when you burn a copy of your own cd. The quality remains. It may not be pits engraved on the surface of the disc anymore, but I've yet to see quality degrade as a result of this. The ink dots that we use in cd burning seem to do the trick just fine.

The print material with bootlegs on the other hand is often very poor; printed in low resolution; full of typos and sometimes they even go so far as to make their own design for their own illegal market.

The music is the same, though.

But there are a bunch of amateur con artists out there who do nothing but download a bunch of random MP3s and sell the burnt disc from that. These are easy to tell apart from the real bootleg companies, either by name, or the lack of detail (like any sort of picture) in their description.

Again I've had my fair share experiences with bootlegs whether I meant to get them or not. Ebay is definitely part of the problem.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2008, 06:23:57 PM »
In Reply To #16

The best way to tell whether a soundtrack up on Ebay is bootleg or not is whether the picture given along with the product has the real producer's logo or name on it.

If it doesn't say "Konami" anywhere or show its logo, for instance, it's fake. Also, check for Konami's catalog number system, which always starts with "KICA".

Look out for cds published under these names:

- Ever Anime
- Sonmay
- KO records (K-O Records)

There's more, but those're the biggest names in the illegal distribution of game soundtracks.

Finally, check the country this seller is coming from. If it's Taiwan or Hong Kong, it's 99% sure to be a bootleg.

I forgot to mention I already have the original Rondo soundtrack in two forms. So is it worth it just to get the remixes and bonus tracks, when again I can just listen from my PSP?

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2008, 10:06:20 PM »
I agree with the Bloody Tears sucking. It's like they totally ignored the awesome improvisations rondo had and reverted to the old repetitive 30 second version of it, most likely lifted straight from Dos.

I agree and they butchered Bloodlines in the remake, the first stage makes me cringe. And I didn't like the new difficulty of the fifth stage, it's way too hard to get to the boss. 5b is supposed to be a bonus not a torturously hard level leave that for stages 5a and 7. The one cool thing I did like was that drac had a 3rd form as he was way easy in the original game.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2008, 10:12:07 PM »
In Reply To #18

5b was always hard.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2008, 10:25:19 PM »
In Reply To #18

5b was always hard.

I don't find it hard, you just have to make sure you don't fall in the water, the only tough part is fighting those 2 big armored guys but I can take them down pretty easily.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2008, 07:33:40 AM »
I love the new tracks, the 2 CDs are definetly worth buying. I am happy to have them and I recommend them to anyone. I like the new arrangement of Bloody tears, it is an interesting take on the piece.

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2008, 08:26:24 AM »
I'm not sure why, but I've always had a special place in my heart for Poison Mind --a simple and effective NES track finally got the makeover treatment it deserved.  Overall I thought the remixing was well done.  The only remix that sucked was Op 13; I can see why Red Dawn made the cut instead.

Offline Mr Sven

• Did Blow up Megaton City - Dirty Ghouls!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2008, 05:35:35 PM »
Quote from: ChibiMaddiChan
Legio XIII

<-------- It's mee!

Steve

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2008, 09:13:37 PM »
And I didn't like the new difficulty of the fifth stage, it's way too hard to get to the boss. 5b is supposed to be a bonus not a torturously hard level leave that for stages 5a and 7.

Actually, Stage 5' was supposed to be torturously hard.  That was literally the developers' motivation when designing it.  The remake just fleshes it out even more.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2008, 09:26:17 PM »
I don't find it hard, ...the only tough part is fighting those 2 big armored guys but I can take them down pretty easily.

I hate those two guards :(. Bloodlines had a similar pair of jackasses,and I hate them too :(

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2008, 09:30:01 PM »
I'm not sure why, but I've always had a special place in my heart for Poison Mind --a simple and effective NES track

Hell yeah it is. It's its simplicity that makes it so memorable, and it feels more intense because it just keeps repeating, like the game is egging you on to finish it already.

I can see why Red Dawn made the cut instead.

Red Dawn is a beautiful piece, but I love Op. 13 too. They both fit their respective visual visions of that stage. Red Dawn however is the first in a long time to match that sort of sound Symphony had. Was Yamane the composer?

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2008, 11:41:43 AM »
In Reply To #26

Op. 13 is the only thing that made that stage slightly enjoyable for me. Red Dawn is cool, though.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Tags:

anything