Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse  (Read 274076 times)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse
« Reply #150 on: June 13, 2013, 04:28:03 AM »
Considering the fact that I had HELL finding something to use for swamp water, then getting it to move and look like mossy water, then had to add bubbles, and a wade effect for the player, I would be very interested in seeing how your marsh turned out. It would hopefully give me some ideas on how to improve mine more. Since something about the water just doesn't feel right.  :-\
I didnt do anything spectacular dude, i just used the swamp water from SCV4 and animated it.  Mossy water would be pretty gnarly!
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #151 on: June 13, 2013, 12:41:39 PM »
I didnt do anything spectacular dude, i just used the swamp water from SCV4 and animated it.  Mossy water would be pretty gnarly!

Ah, I know what water you are talking about. My mossy water is actually a primitive that has the texture positions on the vertices altered slightly, is scaled very slightly, and has one of the vertices moved slightly as well to create a slightly wavy effect (nothing too spectacular, though it sounds like a lot, I think it still needs work). Mossy swamp water is much thicker than normal water, so I didn't want it to move too much. I was inspired by the look of the swamp water from lords of shadow.
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #152 on: June 13, 2013, 09:10:49 PM »
+1
Ah, I know what water you are talking about. My mossy water is actually a primitive that has the texture positions on the vertices altered slightly, is scaled very slightly, and has one of the vertices moved slightly as well to create a slightly wavy effect (nothing too spectacular, though it sounds like a lot, I think it still needs work). Mossy swamp water is much thicker than normal water, so I didn't want it to move too much. I was inspired by the look of the swamp water from lords of shadow.
Hey, you cant go wrong when looking to LoS for inspiration IMHO.  I know what you're talking about, like the water has a thick film over it, almost like a layer of skin.  Sounds pretty killer dude! 8)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #153 on: June 28, 2013, 07:06:08 AM »
Its been a bit and time for a quick update:
I'm not gonna promise a vid for this weekend, everytime i have it doesnt happen lol so maybe i can get it done.  I have a trip to go out of state with my wife to visit her family this weekend so it'll be tough if i can make the vid happen..but anyways, here's what we have.

I am currently on the last 2 frames of the sunken city and just have a few more lines of code to add to the bone dragon boss and it will be ready.  As it stands now, i have 5 more stages left to add enemies and bosses to.  Here's my quick to-do list lol:

Create (because i cant get help on it   :'() Grant Sprites
Add the Demon Parade Bosses to the Ghost ship
Complete the Sunken City (2 frames remaining)
Complete Terror Tower through Castle Keep (just need to add enemies and bosses, stage layout and design complete)
Add the extended boss fight with Drac  ;D

I got a nice treat in store for you guys with Drac's fight.  I also have a big surprise coming that i havent seen anyone do in a fan made Castlevania yet that they ALL suffer from missing, but i'll save that one for the video  ;D  Hopefully i can start working on a new video this evening and some tomorrow.  I have to work tomorrow and sunday and i'll basically just be here to babysit lol so i'll be bringing my home laptop with me and work on it here.  Now that i can get back on here with my phone i should be able to hang around like i used to lol.  I'll keep you guys posted with the latest  8)

EDIT: Ah to hell with it, its quick and not very beautiful looking visual-wise lol but here you go!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5cqh4cqz19907ph/SURPRISE%21%21%21%21%21%21.wmv
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 07:19:07 AM by BMC_War Machine »

Offline kaonstantine

• Vampire Hunter
  • Pitayaware
  • Awards 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 3rd Place Award
    • Awards
« Reply #154 on: June 28, 2013, 11:53:47 AM »
Looks very good to me, even though is very short. I was expecting to see the big surprise you mentioned.  ???

I have no choice, but wait for the next video.

What a wonderful night to have a curse.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #155 on: June 28, 2013, 01:43:43 PM »
lol thanks dude, the big surprise was the whip swing.  I've yet to see any other cv fan game nail that yet lol.  if there is then my bad to you guys, lol i was just excited that i was able to sit and play with the code to finally figure it out.  Lets just say the big fight at the end will involve a large section with the swing :)

Offline kaonstantine

• Vampire Hunter
  • Pitayaware
  • Awards 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 3rd Place Award
    • Awards
« Reply #156 on: June 28, 2013, 02:46:28 PM »
Oh, so that's the big feature!  8) LOL, I think my knowledge on CV fan games is very poor then. ~sorry~ When i saw the whip swing i started to think how could i code something similar. It's a nice move.  I still have the impression i had already seen a similar swing in another fan game. I'm confused, i guess.

By reading your older posts, I thought I was going to see a full stage video, seems like you are keeping a lot of stuff on reserve. So I'll be waiting for the next vid. Thanks

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #157 on: June 28, 2013, 04:02:02 PM »
lol thanks dude, the big surprise was the whip swing.  I've yet to see any other cv fan game nail that yet lol.  if there is then my bad to you guys, lol i was just excited that i was able to sit and play with the code to finally figure it out.  Lets just say the big fight at the end will involve a large section with the swing :)
Not by using Multimedia Fusion 2. I believe War Machine is the first person to actually code Castlevania whip swinging correctly. There have been other types of swinging but no one has specifically done that. That is a accomplishment in itself!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #158 on: June 28, 2013, 04:55:17 PM »
Thanks Darkman  8) Kaostantine my bad dude lmao.  Maybe im the one that needs the experience, i had never seen it yet lol.  I am going back on what i said earlier in saying this, but i WILL for sure make a new vid this weekend.  I should have some free time for most of tomorrow morning/afternoon so hopefully it'll be good to go by tomorrow afternoon.  To get some new exposure i'm going to make a vid of the remaining stages and after that in the meantime i'll be working on making some vids with the full stages.  Not so much that im keeping anything reserved but i want to make sure that when i show you guys the progress it has everything worked out and i have no room for excuses, also at that point i'll be releasing a demo with a few stages on it  8)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #159 on: July 02, 2013, 04:38:52 AM »
Ok duders, its not exactly the weekend anymore but hey, i DID get the video ready :) here they are guys, this doesn't include the enemies/bosses, just stage walkthroughs.  When i get all the enemies and bosses done i will be working on alucard grant and sypha so before i do that i'll post a vid similar to these that has the enemies and bosses etc.  Hope you guys dig it!:

1st vid:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zxct1na6pq8qlir/Castlevania%20Chronicles%20Demo.mp4

2nd vid (new):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e0v0x88ex22cpdx/Castlevania%20Chronicles%20-%20Dracula%27s%20Curse%20Level%20Walkthrough%20Pt.II.mp4

As always, any input is welcome :) im not one of the people that gets massive butt hurt because people didn't get down and worship what was done thus far lmao, as i have said many times before, all the input i get from you guys that i can implement is what this game needs, you guys are the ones that will be playing them, not just me  8)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #160 on: July 05, 2013, 06:24:41 AM »
Quick update, the night before last i finished up the Causeway, leaving the following to be completed (enemies wise)

The Underground Catacombs
Tower of Terror
The Courtyard
Cliffside Entrance
Main Halls
Inner Halls
Castle Keep

After i complete the coding for the remaining enemies and putting them in there, i'll be working on the other playable characters and all subweapons.  I began working on the subweapons a while back and the only thing i have to fine tune is the holy water and they will be ready as well.  When i get all the bugs worked after the stages are completed i'll need some beta testers before the demo comes out  8)

Offline kaonstantine

• Vampire Hunter
  • Pitayaware
    • Awards
« Reply #161 on: July 06, 2013, 04:23:40 PM »
As always, any input is welcome :) im not one of the people that gets massive butt hurt because people didn't get down and worship what was done thus far lmao, as i have said many times before, all the input i get from you guys that i can implement is what this game needs, you guys are the ones that will be playing them, not just me  8)

Only one detail:

The blocks you are using for floor/platforms. Most of them look very similar, like being color variations of the same sprite. Having different "textures" for the blocks, could improve the overall appearance of the stages.

Guitar distortion!  :D Praise to you Bloody tears remix

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #162 on: July 08, 2013, 10:09:39 AM »
I'll look into mixing that up a bit  8) thanks for your input.  And the bloody tears remix is from Judgment, i haven't recorded my mix yet so I cant take credit for that one lol.  As of last night to change things up a bit a started making sypha's sprites and finished her sheet, then i started working on Grant's as well.  Hopefully this evening i'll have grants wrapped up and i can finish up on Alucard's. 

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #163 on: July 09, 2013, 07:17:16 AM »
Hey guys, i took a little break from the coding a bit to try and brush up on some spriting, before checking these, know that i am NO pro lol.  Let me know what you guys think of how they are turning out so far  8)

Sypha

Sypha by BMC_Warmachine, on Flickr

Grant

Grant by BMC_Warmachine, on Flickr

They are both still WIP, specifically Grant, i have to add his pain and death animations and Sypha's Sheet is done, i just have the old pic on this laptop so when i get them done i'll post a new vid with some level layout with enemies and all characters.  Also, instead of having all 4 characters at once, i am going to have the player choose at the start of each stage which partner to take with them, then possibly add some sort of checkpoint either the first and last quarters of each stage or the middle of the stage to allow you to "summon" the other character you want and trade them out.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #164 on: July 09, 2013, 07:40:10 AM »
Uh...you are planning on giving "Sypha" something that makes her look less like a Shanoa recolor, right?
Also, Grant's stance looks a bit stiff to me, you might want to give him something that looks more natural and comfortable.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Tags: