Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse  (Read 274877 times)

Offline kaonstantine

• Vampire Hunter
  • Pitayaware
  • Awards 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 3rd Place Award
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse
« Reply #225 on: August 05, 2013, 12:38:12 PM »
Yeah, like a hammer. I considered that option too. Do you want the "hammer" animation look strong and slow then? Keep in mind that probably the animation for the air attack sprite has to be similar. Or maybe not  :P

What a wonderful night to have a curse.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #226 on: August 05, 2013, 01:39:25 PM »
Thanks BMC. Feel free to edit the sprite as you like.

Not a bad idea, but it requires hundred of hours of sprite work. I guess it would be easier to make that kind of game using 3D models. I'd like to have more time to experiment with new ideas and games but currently i'm investing most of my free time in my project (which my gf hates  ;D). But thanks for your words The arcade look is not intentional. Maybe i spent too much time playing arcade games on my childhood  ;D
Maybe instead of having an attack with the staff itself, you could sprite her doing a animation where she is firing a short range or boomerang type projectile magic. That way it still serves the purpose of being a quick attack (like Trevor's Whip) and still be magic based. I guess it would be something like Alucard's original attack.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #227 on: August 06, 2013, 08:02:42 AM »
That's a good idea darkman.  Maybe something similar to the crissaegrim slice, i could work with that kaonstantine.  it's been a minute since i've had an update for you guys, so i needed to take a break from the coding and do some jamming and whipped up Riddle, with a dash of Reincarnated Soul at the end :) like most of my tracks i've posted, this is just a short take of the full version, i'll be getting all the full versions done later when the game is completed because i plan on releasing a full OST download bundled with the game. 

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/f537zcyysjxa2u1/Riddle.mp3
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline SabinFigaro

• Hunter in Training
  • What a horrible day to go to work..
    • Awards
« Reply #228 on: August 06, 2013, 10:59:21 AM »
Hey man! Great track, although I would boost the lead guitar volume. But really, great track! This is what was missing from los: killer soundtrack.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #229 on: August 06, 2013, 12:31:28 PM »
Hey man! Great track, although I would boost the lead guitar volume. But really, great track! This is what was missing from los: killer soundtrack.
Thanks dude!  Im glad you dug it!  Yeah lol, i noticed that when i listened to it up here on my laptop.  I mix and record on a PC in my garage and the leads sounded a bit TOO loud there...go figure lmao.  And on LoS, i gotta differ with ya dude, as a whole i dont think it was fantastic i e a TON of recycled tunes used over and over and over, BUT songs like the silver warrior is just beyond wicked, i get pumped every time i hear that song lol.

Offline SabinFigaro

• Hunter in Training
  • What a horrible day to go to work..
    • Awards
« Reply #230 on: August 06, 2013, 09:12:35 PM »
It's all good my man, I respect your opinion. I just feel that LOS took the generic epic soundtrack road. It's ok, but I kinda miss the old school (more in your face-straight up rock-classical) kinda music. Like every stage had it's own identity you know? But hey, I'm an old geezer of a gamer, so... :) Anyways, keep up the great work dude. Can't wait to play your vision of that great game that is CV3. Man did I ever play the hell of that game as a kid! Keep composing great music too! Peace my friend.

Offline kaonstantine

• Vampire Hunter
  • Pitayaware
  • Awards 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 3rd Place Award
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #231 on: August 07, 2013, 01:38:29 AM »
It's all good my man, I respect your opinion. I just feel that LOS took the generic epic soundtrack road. It's ok, but I kinda miss the old school (more in your face-straight up rock-classical) kinda music. Like every stage had it's own identity you know? But hey, I'm an old geezer of a gamer, so... :) Anyways, keep up the great work dude. Can't wait to play your vision of that great game that is CV3. Man did I ever play the hell of that game as a kid! Keep composing great music too! Peace my friend.

I couldn't agree more with you. You're not the only guy who miss those old scool vg rock tunes. They had a very unique flavor you can't find in modern games.

That's a good idea darkman.  Maybe something similar to the crissaegrim slice, i could work with that kaonstantine.  it's been a minute since i've had an update for you guys, so i needed to take a break from the coding and do some jamming and whipped up Riddle, with a dash of Reincarnated Soul at the end :) like most of my tracks i've posted, this is just a short take of the full version, i'll be getting all the full versions done later when the game is completed because i plan on releasing a full OST download bundled with the game. 

I really want to listen to that OST

@darkmanx: For the magic projectile, do you mean the attack coming out from the staff? A gesture similar to this?
Cadash (Sega MegaDrive/Genesis) - Boss Run (as Mage)

So, no hammer swing for Sypha? I'm asking for details because my head is a mess these days, sorry  :P.

Keep the good work, War Machine. The track sounds pretty cool. I bought me a guitar the last year, but i suck at playing it  :-[. Do you know of a method to becoming a guitar god in few months learn to play guitar decently?

What a wonderful night to have a curse.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #232 on: August 07, 2013, 02:19:50 AM »
I couldn't agree more with you. You're not the only guy who miss those old scool vg rock tunes. They had a very unique flavor you can't find in modern games.

@darkmanx: For the magic projectile, do you mean the attack coming out from the staff? A gesture similar to this?
Cadash (Sega MegaDrive/Genesis) - Boss Run (as Mage)

So, no hammer swing for Sypha? I'm asking for details because my head is a mess these days, sorry  :P.

Keep the good work, War Machine. The track sounds pretty cool. I bought me a guitar the last year, but i suck at playing it  :-[. Do you know of a method to becoming a guitar god in few months learn to play guitar decently?
Exactly Kaonstantine. Now you are getting it. I would go with a faster projectile though. That's why I suggested a something with a boomerang type motion so that it returns to your hand. Remember the windmill throwing star from NES Ninja Gaiden? That would be the speed and type of effect that I would be looking for. That way could still hammer down the hits without being crippled by a slow animation.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #233 on: August 07, 2013, 04:45:07 AM »
Oh i agree with ya dude, 100%.  ALL of the tunes from the NES/SNES days just pump me up lol.  That's why i have so much fun making them metal  ;D As for the overall progress, i just completed the main halls 100%, enemies, death etc so that just leaves the inner halls the castle keep and the cliffside entrance ( i skipped that one for the moment haha, HUGE stage!).

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #234 on: August 07, 2013, 04:48:54 AM »

No no, ABSOLUTELY go with the hammer style attack lol.  I am going to purposely make her melee attacks slower where magic is her main suit, so the hammer style would fit her perfectly!  I also like the idea darkman had, maybe with the previous one you made i could use it for a powered up version of the staff so that it pushes out some sort of projectile.  I am planning on having upgrades for all characters, not just Trevor and Alucard.  That's the one thing i didnt get about the original.  I understand that Sypha has her magic and Grant has his acrobat skills, but they definitely need some attention in the melee attack area lol.  Im sure it was just done as a balance between the characters  :P   As for the guitar Kaonstantine, start with guitar tabs.  That's the quickest and easiest way to learn if there ever was one.  I've been playing guitar for 11yrs now, so it didnt happen overnight lol.  but, i did turn out to be a musical prodigy with no clue that i would or any musical background as in family that could play anything lol.  I was playing crazy train 100% after playing for the first 2 months lol.  If you really want to get into guitar and do it well, then you HAVE to make sure you are ready to dedicate as much time to it as humanly possible....but that's AFTER you finish Sypha!  :P ;D just kiddin man.  but seriously, you gotta put the time into to it and above all, have fun with it!  Good luck man  8)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 04:53:39 AM by BMC_War Machine »

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #235 on: August 10, 2013, 03:08:44 PM »
Hey guys, progress update time  ;D

All levels complete other than the cliffside entrance (that one SUCKS!! lol)

To do list:

Add demon parade bosses
Add Grant (sprite help needed!!!  :-\
Add Sypha (thanks again to Kaonstantine for his work!  8))
Implement magic subweapon set for Sypha
Remaster entire OST

With that, i've got this for you guys  8)
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/nra7szejzb6gw4g/Call%20To%20Arms...Beginning.mp3

I've got new equipment in the last few months and a better understanding of mixing in recordings so my mixes are turning out MUCH smoother, that's why i plan on remastering the game OST.  In the next few weeks i will be working out all the bugs and when i get that fixed im going to need beta testers so i can release a demo for you guys  8) Currently right now, you can play as Trevor and Alucard.  Kaonstantine has been working hard on Sypha, but i still need a sprite set for Grant as well, so if anyone would be interested in helping out with him, please let me know!  I'll get back at you guys when i have another update  ;D

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #236 on: August 10, 2013, 03:24:23 PM »
Hey good to hear updates from you, if possible include me in this beta testing list, Im good at finding some bugs (or maybe them that are good at finding me LOL).

You plan to use placeholders for Sypha and Grant so you can work in their engine or you gonna wait for the sprites?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #237 on: August 10, 2013, 07:57:20 PM »
+1
Cool deal man, i'll definitely put you down!  As for the placeholders, it wont be an issue.  The way i have my coding setup i'll be able to get both Sypha and Grant coded in the same day if i had them both at the same time.  If it tells you anything, i did over half of Alucard's edits (to make him closely match the original version) coded him and was able to use him as normal all in the same day, AFTER i got off work lol.  So i purposely tried to make my coding as simple as possible so i could just do the animations and drop the characters in fast.  The longest wait will be on the sprites I dont have, but thanks to Kaonstantine that puts me MUCH closer to completion than i would have been!  I still have hopes of getting the game released before the end of the summer, but it will all depend on if i can get some help with Grant's sprites as well  8) In the meantime, i'll be completing the few things i have left to add, then once i think all the bugs i can find are out i'll be putting out some stage demos for beta testing, just so i can make sure to iron out all the bugs that i may have missed.  When that's going down, i'll be remixing the majority of the OST as well, i still plan on releasing the OST bundled with the game since it appears im not the only metalhead on the forum who likes CV remixes metaled out lol  ;D

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #238 on: August 10, 2013, 08:16:49 PM »
Wow, so it is pretty solid, since you said that and only now I noticed it, you deserve the Hack Master award (in fact IDK why you dont have it yet).
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #239 on: August 10, 2013, 08:42:32 PM »
Wow, so it is pretty solid, since you said that and only now I noticed it, you deserve the Hack Master award (in fact IDK why you dont have it yet).
Thanks dude! Yeah lol its pretty solid. It took quite awhile to setup my coding that way but i knew that i would need it and the good thing about my code is that i can typically find out whats wrong once and it fixes it for the entire set. So in the end it actually saves me some time 8) lol and thanks for the hacker award suggestion, no one has sent it in so...lol but i did get the abadon music award so that was cool lol. thanks dude

Tags: