Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Now that I'm getting a PsP...  (Read 15969 times)

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Now that I'm getting a PsP...
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2007, 07:00:11 AM »
Yeah, I'm also getting a PSP and I'm thinking about the three Final Fantasy games, as well as DXC. Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Heroes also looks good.

Hell yeah. I love the new look although it is pretty much the same game. The first one had some slower load times that they fixed in ff2. I was also thinking about the Naruto game, it looks like a pretty good game and although the series isn't my favorite the fighting games have been great.
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2007, 07:51:53 AM »
I hear the Slim and Lite has faster loading times.  If that's the case, I'm happy.
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2007, 12:49:59 PM »
In Reply To #16

Oh, so you mean that Naruto games aren't only fighting games? I don't know since I havn'e played any Naruto games, but I love the show, so the games couldn't be that bad.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2007, 02:36:53 PM »
If you're planing to get FF I and II you're probably just better off getting them together in one pack on the GBA.

As far as other awesome games

FF Tactics
Metal Gear Solid Portible Ops ( not Ac!d....they're lame)
Breathe of Fire III (it's Europeon, but it'll play)
both Megaman games
and Exit....it's awesome
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Slayer

• Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2007, 03:08:18 PM »
I only really need one.  Plus, I kinda want the hi-res graphics and better sound quality.

Offline A vicar in a tutu

• As natural as rain, he dances again.
  • Master Hunter
  • Get your vile soul dry-cleaned
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2007, 03:21:26 PM »
In Reply To #2
The Warriors.. damn!
That game is awesome!
I promise you won't be dissappointed.
Lots of great fights.
Anyway, have you considered getting Metal Gear Portable Ops?
Nice game.
Make sure you get Portable Ops and not Portable Ops Plus because Plus doesn't have the main story mode.

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2007, 03:57:07 PM »
In Reply To #18

I know at least one game is in rpg and not a fighting game. All of the games are really fun though. I hope the psp one is good too, and from what I've seen I think it will be.

@ New Dracula: Yeah, the Warriors rule. I haven't played the psp version but I heard it is just about the same as the console one so it should be a lot of fun.

I have Dawn of Souls and it is great so if you want them together and cheap get that. But if you like the updated look then get the psp version.
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2007, 07:57:05 PM »
I think I'll probably pick up Ultimate Ghosts'n Goblins (is this game as impossibly tough as all the previous ones?), Silent Hill: Origins (though I'm skeptical about this and SH5 not being developed by Team Silent), Gradius Collection (and probably the others--Salamander, Twinbee, Parodius--despite being terrible at shoot 'em ups), MediEvil Resurrection (since the PSX version's awesome, and hopefully this one is also), and possibly those Mega Man remakes.

I already habz CV:DXC and am playing through that merrily. :o I may also get Darkstalkers Chronicle if I'm in the mood for a fighting game. (I'm generally not a big fan of them, mostly 'cos I'm terrible at 'em.)
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2007, 11:05:17 PM »
I think I'll probably pick up Ultimate Ghosts'n Goblins (is this game as impossibly tough as all the previous ones?), Silent Hill: Origins (though I'm skeptical about this and SH5 not being developed by Team Silent), Gradius Collection (and probably the others--Salamander, Twinbee, Parodius--despite being terrible at shoot 'em ups), MediEvil Resurrection (since the PSX version's awesome, and hopefully this one is also), and possibly those Mega Man remakes.

I already habz CV:DXC and am playing through that merrily. :o I may also get Darkstalkers Chronicle if I'm in the mood for a fighting game. (I'm generally not a big fan of them, mostly 'cos I'm terrible at 'em.)

Get the shootemups for sure, UGnG is tough, but not nearly as bad as the older games in terms of brutality, ultimate Mode (the game's equivalent of hard mode)is a bit rough, but again not as bad as the original titles in the series.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2007, 12:18:33 AM »
Like...usually I can't get past a few levels in the old games (Ghosts'n Goblins arcade, Ghouls'n Ghosts arcade, Super Ghouls'n Ghosts). Sooo difficult.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Slayer

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2007, 06:51:12 AM »
In Reply To #24

So wait, UGnG is not as bad as SGnG?  If that's the case, I may actually buy it.

Offline elbryan42

• Bargle Nawdle Zouss???
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2007, 10:35:31 AM »
I personally find UGNG the toughest of the series, and SGNG the easiest. I guess it depends on the person.
----------------------------------------------------
Check out Elbryan42's Doom Depot! Check out the Doom 64 TC and download some Doom music.
http://doomdepot.doom2.net/

Offline Slayer

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2007, 10:41:31 AM »
 ???
...ohhhhhh...being that SGnG is the only game I tried to beat so far, that breaks my pride a little bit...
...well, its back to the GnG's...

Offline elbryan42

• Bargle Nawdle Zouss???
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2007, 12:24:42 PM »
It's definitely an awesome game. Even if it's really tough, do you really want to miss out on it? If I found it harder doesn't necessarily mean you will. People are better at different games. SGNG was my second SNES game. I probably find it really easy because I really played the hell out of it.
----------------------------------------------------
Check out Elbryan42's Doom Depot! Check out the Doom 64 TC and download some Doom music.
http://doomdepot.doom2.net/

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2007, 09:01:57 PM »
The only thing keeping me from buying Ultimate GnG is the difficulty.  I enjoy the older ones, but I usually can't get past the first stage.  That's right, I suck.  I don't think I should shell out $30 for a game I'll likely get bored with after a few hours.  Not that that stopped me from picking up Contra 4.  :/

Tags:

anything