Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Belmont Tree  (Read 36883 times)

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2007, 03:00:26 PM »
In Reply To #14
Where did you see this real official family tree?  I have not seen anything that confirms that Charlette is a Belnades.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2007, 06:30:58 PM »
In Reply To #16

Nintendo Power June 2006/V204

The exact quote is this:

"Charlotte's family, according to Iga, is somehow related to the Fernandez clan. (Carrie Fernandez was one of the protagonists in Castlevania for N64.)"

Basically the issue that unveiled PoR to everybody.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2007, 07:26:47 PM »
In Reply To #17
Thank you kindly sir.  But where did you get the Info about the Morris's branching out between Trevor and Christopher?

And to the auther of this thread, none of my comments have been aimed at you, nice job on the drawings.

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2007, 08:07:13 PM »
In Reply To #18

It was one of the scans on Rahenna's site. I think it was one of the LoI japanese source guides.

Offline actionfence

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Belmont Tree
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2007, 08:15:06 PM »
And to the auther of this thread, none of my comments have been aimed at you, nice job on the drawings.

I was just trying to get the facts straight, and about a few things I was gonna side with you. lol.  Wasn't meaning to sound like an [donkey].  There are still a few games I haven't played, so all comments about that are helpful.

EDIT: Now that I re-read them I really did sound like an [mule].  Sorry.

And thanks.  Here are a few more.  Dracula and Lisa.

I don't really like how Lisa turned out, but on the tree she doesn't look bad.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 08:17:18 PM by actionfence »

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2007, 09:58:14 PM »
honestly I think LIsa turned out pretty bad.... but maybe its not so bad if its smaller. I wouldn't know.

Offline actionfence

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2007, 10:02:53 PM »
Yeah, Think she turned out looking buff...

But this is what she'll look like on the tree--

And the last update for the night... Alucard, Sypha and Trevor
When smaller, what looks like stitches on Sypha's mouth just looks like lips.

But ya know, I might just redraw Sypha, not really digging how she turned out.

VoDkA

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2007, 06:38:11 PM »
In Reply To #11

Um...what?

I don't recall saying anything about Johnathan Morris...only that Victor having the whip doesn't conflict with anything, considering that the plot-point with which he would conflict was created AFTER he was.  Besides, considering he would have gotten sucked back into the past (1666) and considering that he ran from his destiny (supposedly leaving the VK behind), he really wouldn't conflict with much, if anything.

As for CotM, I'm not going to argue developer intentions.  As long as there is no information that states straight-out that the thing wasn't intended to be canon, then we have no reason to assume that it was meant to be anything BUT.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 06:46:17 PM by VoDkA »

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2007, 08:14:13 PM »
In Reply To #23
So... Because it is not stated outright it cannot be?  Evidence be damned!  I hope you never go into the criminal justice field...  ::)

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2007, 09:32:07 PM »
Remember in PoR it's stated that after Richter, no fullblooded Belmont was allowed to wield the Vampire Killer until 1999 with Julius? That would then make sense why Reinhardt procured it, since he's not a pureblood Belmont. (though he's probably the closest of any of the offshoots of the Belmont clan into other families.....if you do believe the theory of him being Richter's grandson)

If Reinhardt had a daughter later in life (as I will be portraying in my future CV webcomic), then it would make sense for him to need to hand the Vampire Killer off to another male member of the Belmont offshoots. (ie. John Morris, ala the "Bloodlust of the Countess" comic)

VoDkA

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2007, 09:40:31 PM »
In Reply To #24

Criminal Justice?  Well, then you most likely know that we are  arguing something analogous to rules of statutory construction.  And even then, you lack any compelling evidence and, as such, come up with only weak circumstantial evidence.  So, nice attempt at sarcasm and calling me out, but you get nothing.  You lose.  Good day, sir.

Offline actionfence

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2007, 10:12:04 PM »
Ummm... I'm still looking for it, but didn't the special 'Pre-Order Portrait of Ruin and get this book' artbook have a list of games that were in the official canon (you know the one that completely shows IGA dis-owning Legends) not have Circle of the Moon in it?

And because I don't really understand what I just said...
In terms that don't make people go 'WTF did he just say?'...

Isn't there an artbook out there that disproves CotM's canon-ness.

EDIT: I believe I found it... This is supposedly the official IGA timeline...

http://castlevania.armster.org/trans_timeline.php
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 10:22:24 PM by actionfence »

VoDkA

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2007, 11:11:55 PM »
In Reply To #27

Oh, no.  We're not arguing whether or not it's in canon, because indeed it isn't (or maybe is, as PoR's timeline has LoD and CotM both in the timeline somehow).  What we're arguing over is whether or not it was when it was made.  And it was.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2007, 07:32:39 AM »
In Reply To #26
Okay... Just because you use big words does not mean I lose.  There is plenty of evidence for what I am arguing in this game.

-Not even a mention of the Belmont's.
-Some new family has the whip, and any vampire hunter can weild it if they are skilled enough (only the Belmont's can according to the storyline)
-The whip is not even called the Vampire Killer... Is this some other vampire hunting whip?  Please...
-There isn't even Castlevania!  It's some Austrian castle with spooktacular ghosts.
-Put into a spot of the timeline where there would no doubt be atleast 3 or 4 Belmont's ready to fight the count (Richter's son, a Morris, at the time a Shcneider.  Because all of them were active VERY close to this games date)  And if Alucard hooks with Maria at the end of SoTN he'd probably still be around to.
-Same argument as above for the "previous" battle with the Graves and Baldwins fighting Dracula.
-Carmilla, an already established Character from the past is now some victorian age girl who gets wet for Dracula.
-This SAME TEAM made the N64 games which state that Dracula had spent 100 years in "enforced slumber".

That's all just off the top of my head.  The team that made this game obviously did not care about including it in the timeline.

VoDkA

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2007, 08:25:38 AM »
In Reply To #29

"Big words?"  You're the one who mentioned criminal justice...

Don't tell me that you...*gasp* cited something you know nothing about!!!!  :O

Again, nice "evidence," but it's all weak circumstantial evidence at best.  As for my "big words," that's why dictonary.com exists.  Use it if you're confused.

Tags:

anything