Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Belmont Tree  (Read 36872 times)

Quasar

Re: Belmont Tree
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2007, 08:41:32 AM »
For my fic, I'm working off the angle that the corruption/curse that Shaft transferred into Richter directly affected their ability to use the whip by causing it to harm them in much the same way that it harms dark creatures. This became heriditary and passed on to Richter's son, and so on, but eventually it would be purged by the passage of time as the prophecy mentioned in PoR says, allowing Julius to reclaim his heritage just in time to stop the Dark Lord's new War Against Humanity.

The splinter families are not affected directly by the curse, but the extended use of the Vampire Killer costs them their life force, due to the bond between its spirit and the direct bloodline. Note that Reinhardt Schneider had never even handled the VK before the Blood Moon rose. That's when he asked the priest to release the seal upon it. This is also where I will make Morris Baldwin's Hunter Whip have significance :)

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2007, 09:53:50 PM »
In Reply To #1

it looks really good, I still include sonia in the canon I don't care what Koji says there was no reason to retcon that game it doesn't affect anything else and tells us who Trevor's/Ralph's mom is. I do have one question though, I have never heard of Alucard hooking up with Maria, did you draw that conclusion from the games or is there an official source that states this?  :)
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2007, 10:06:29 AM »
There are no proofs for that. It's all fanfiction based on the fact that Maria was chasing Alucard at the end of the game.

In the same vein you could say that for example charlotte gets together with jonathan because their relationship's more less the same. She hints more than once she wants something more, but he's too dim witted to notice. Just like in some crappy anime where main hero is oblivious to the main heroine's affection towards him until the end. :P

Even the soma-mina relationship was better.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 10:08:23 AM by Serio »

burning water

« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2007, 03:22:51 PM »
Who are Illyana, Zoe, Desmond, Dolores, and Serena??? Where did they come from? I've never seen those names in ANY of the games...

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2007, 03:37:41 PM »
Desmond, Zoe, Dolores are from the Castlevania: Order of Shadows for cell phones, a side story game taking place in late 1600s (more than likely taking place of the cancelled resurrection. Late 1600s would more than likely imply after 1650, but not after 1680-1690s since those are Simon's times)

burning water

« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2007, 03:44:38 PM »
Okay, so I just got a new job, I am gonna complete the tree with pictures, it is just gonna take me longer than I wanted it to.

So far I have the top left corner done on the illustrated.

burning water

« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2007, 04:11:08 PM »
Except that appeals to alternate universes, wormholes, time travel, paradoxes, etc., are a bad thing except in A) Marvel Comics and B) hardcore science fiction. :) It's better to stick with some simpler solution if one is possible, and since it's all fan fiction anyway, it doesn't matter ;)
I think that even in Marvel Comics, they're bad. Alternate universes can confuse the fans and ultimately piss them off, until their just plain discuted with it... >:(

burning water

« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2007, 04:47:48 PM »
Last time I checked the Renards were Belmont relatives, not Belnades. Rondo manual, as well as the ending scene in Rondo prove that (Dracula refers to Maria as blood descendant of the Belmonts).

http://serio.i-xcell.com/image/mariaend.gif
Don't forget that the Fernandezes (AKA the Belnades) Are also related to the Belmonts, through Trevor's union with Sypha. Some of their children may have even kept the fernandez name as an attempt to protect them selves from the Cult of Chaos, who kept reviving Dracula.

burning water

« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2007, 05:21:50 PM »
Desmond, Zoe, Dolores are from the Castlevania: Order of Shadows for cell phones, a side story game taking place in late 1600s (more than likely taking place of the cancelled resurrection. Late 1600s would more than likely imply after 1650, but not after 1680-1690s since those are Simon's times)

1.A CELL PHONE GAME!? YOU GATTA BE KIDDING ME!!! :'( Is there any way to get it with out a cell phone?

2. But, who is Serena?

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2007, 05:49:27 PM »
The unnamed wife of Simon from Haunted Castle. Fans dubbed her Serena and it stuck. Sorta like the bloodletting red guy became Hanz. :P

VoDkA

« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2007, 06:03:40 PM »
In Reply To #70

It's not her true name, since Americans named her Serena...right, Serio?  That's how it works?

:P

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2007, 06:47:35 PM »
Didn't fans name her like that? I don't remember seeing official material with that.

And if you believe something's official because americans said so go back to your poltergeist king and belmont warrior chromosomes. They're obviously official too. I mean, usa konami placed them in their version of cv3. :o
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 06:51:38 PM by Serio »

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2007, 08:21:05 PM »
You forgot to put Lydie Elranger with Juste.

hmm she could have hooked up with maxim though and it looked like from what I gathered that juste and maxim's relationship was more of a friendly one than an intimate one.

The reason that Quincey Morris didn't kill Drac with a whip is cause Victor Belmont had it, and at some point gave it to John Morris.

Hmm that kind of messes with portrait though technically Jonathan should have fought victor when he goes to unlock the whip if Victor had it before John, unless Victor chose not to be a vampire killer and never used it and let John have it when John went up against Dracula. Then it would make more sense that Jonathan came across it and used it for awhile then when Julius or one of his ancestors decided to become a vampire killer they asked for the whip back, and the belmonts kept it. :)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 08:27:49 PM by The Last Belmont »
_______________________________________ ______________

Steve

« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2007, 08:46:07 AM »
The unnamed wife of Simon from Haunted Castle. Fans dubbed her Serena and it stuck. Sorta like the bloodletting red guy became Hanz. :P

Her name came from the official gameplay video cassette released by Konami.

burning water

« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2007, 09:22:14 PM »
Ok, but what about the cell phone game? Is there a way to get it without a cell phone?

Tags: