Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: My castlevania story idea?  (Read 7041 times)

Offline Zacmac90

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
My castlevania story idea?
« on: June 06, 2011, 03:39:55 PM »
Dracula is killed and his castle is taken over by a shapeshifter who makes an alliance with Orlox and Golem to do what Dracula failed to do, end the Belmont name once and for all.

Offline VampirehunterB

• Vampire Hunter
  • A Genuine Castlevania fan..
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 04:05:01 PM »
..topic should be removed

Offline OdenAndEvil

• Belmont
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: My castlevania story idea?
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 04:52:41 PM »
seriously.
can i say it...*closed*?
xD
You always will go back to old good classic games.

http://www.youtube.com/user/OdenAndEvil <--- Gamerslounge (reviews, sound remake's and much more of good old classic retro games ^^)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 06:08:46 PM »
Jeeze Louise, you guy are quick to crucify. Isn't it obvious that what Zacmac90 has written down is merely a brief summery that has yet to be fully fleshed out? I would wait till the full extent of the story is brought to light before playing judge, jury and executioner (but enven then such behavior is frowned upon here). However the only recommendation that I would suggest for Zacmac90 is that when Dracula dies, his castle in essence, dies with him. So it would be difficult for the shape shifter to take over Castlevania with his alliance unless he were to do what Count Brauner did.

-X
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 06:10:58 PM by X »
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 07:13:32 PM »
..topic should be removed
seriously.
can i say it...*closed*?
xD
I think he was asking for critique on it, and one thing I don't like is non-constructive critique such as this. It's almost outright saying, "Your idea sucks. Give up now." or "Die monster, you don't belong in this world."

Honestly, I like the idea. There can be Castlevania stories without Dracula, you know. :\
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Svart

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 08:57:47 PM »
i.. kinda feel amusing how he make sound golem as an important character...

still.. it feel a little too portrait of ruinish

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 08:59:40 PM »
i.. kinda feel amusing how he make sound golem as an important character...

still.. it feel a little too portrait of ruinish

Let's face it, some people prefer stories like that.

I know I personally prefer darker stories like SotN, but that's just me.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 01:55:07 AM »
Honestly, I like the idea. There can be Castlevania stories without Dracula, you know. :\

I would know too. One of my CV game ideas did not include Dracula, but the game itself is a sequel to CV Legends.

-X
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline OdenAndEvil

• Belmont
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 03:23:19 AM »
Sry, but that is like removing Bowser of Mario Games, Joker of batman games, Final Fantasy 7 without Sephriot, Metal Gear without Solid Snake...There are many things i could list...
seriously.
can i say it...*closed*?
xD
I think he was asking for critique on it, and one thing I don't like is non-constructive critique such as this. It's almost outright saying, "Your idea sucks. Give up now." or "Die monster, you don't belong in this world."
Helpfull critism after one sentence? Thats like watching a 2 hour movie with a story of 3secs and u have to write 5 sites about the story...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 03:34:43 AM by OdenAndEvil »

http://www.youtube.com/user/OdenAndEvil <--- Gamerslounge (reviews, sound remake's and much more of good old classic retro games ^^)

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 09:35:16 AM »
Sry, but that is like removing Bowser of Mario Games, Joker of batman games, Final Fantasy 7 without Sephriot, Metal Gear without Solid Snake...There are many things i could list...Helpfull critism after one sentence? Thats like watching a 2 hour movie with a story of 3secs and u have to write 5 sites about the story...

Ever play Super Mario Bros 2? No Bowser. It's Wart.
Ever play FF7: Dirge of Cerberus? No Sephiroth. It's Weiss.
Ever play MGS3 Snake Eater? No Solid Snake. It's Naked Snake.

It's still possible to give helpful critique after one sentence. >.> Talk about him why you don't like the story without sounding rude, or why you think it's a bad idea. It's that simple. :\

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 01:13:56 PM »
Solid's a clone of snake, i don't think that's as much of an effect.

and ff7 dirge was blegh, so yea....

never played the other one though. I don't think anyway.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2011, 01:39:01 PM »
Solid's a clone of snake, i don't think that's as much of an effect.

and ff7 dirge was blegh, so yea....

never played the other one though. I don't think anyway.

That's still besides the point. :\

Offline OdenAndEvil

• Belmont
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2011, 02:44:43 PM »
Ever play Super Mario Bros 2? No Bowser. It's Wart.
Ever play FF7: Dirge of Cerberus? No Sephiroth. It's Weiss.
Ever play MGS3 Snake Eater? No Solid Snake. It's Naked Snake.

It's still possible to give helpful critique after one sentence. >.> Talk about him why you don't like the story without sounding rude, or why you think it's a bad idea. It's that simple. :\
u know how great super mario 2 is at the end? <.<
u know that i wrote Final Fantasy 7 and not any "add ons" --> if u watch some pics of mine, u will see that i own that game for sure...
cant take u serious after mgs3 statement...

If i have a idea, its for sure more then a sentence...i wasnt rude at all. Just saying what i did think...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 02:47:53 PM by OdenAndEvil »

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2011, 08:02:22 PM »
u know how great super mario 2 is at the end? <.<
u know that i wrote Final Fantasy 7 and not any "add ons" --> if u watch some pics of mine, u will see that i own that game for sure...
cant take u serious after mgs3 statement...

If i have a idea, its for sure more then a sentence...i wasnt rude at all. Just saying what i did think...

I assumed your "xD" meant you were joking around, so it wasn't really directed a you.
What the hell do you mean you wrote FF7? Owning it and writing it are two completely different things. And I'm talking about the Dirge of Cerberus sequel that came out on PS2. No Sephiroth there. Yeah, he was mentioned. Don't mean he's in it. I would know, I beat the game like, yesterday.
Naked Snake is Big Boss, not Solid Snake. And while Solid Snake is a clone of him, he's not the same person. For example, Solid Snake didn't become a complete douchebag and decide to use the Metal Gears he was trying to destroy. :\

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2011, 11:45:13 AM »
For example, Solid Snake didn't become a complete douchebag and decide to use the Metal Gears he was trying to destroy. :\

Ever play Metal Gear Solid 4? Anyways you both left out the zelda series. Those game's many sequels didn't have Ganon in them and others, Ganon was non-existant. So to put the controversy to rest, lets stay a little more on topic since this is Zacmac90's thread.

-X

Tags: