Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Umbra of Sorrow (1999 Fan Project)  (Read 455133 times)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania: Umbra of Sorrow (Fan Project)
« Reply #120 on: March 19, 2015, 09:16:10 AM »
Cream Pies, of course!

It all makes total sense now.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #121 on: March 19, 2015, 09:53:23 AM »
you sure it's not the attack of the dreaded paper airplain?
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #122 on: March 19, 2015, 10:22:39 AM »
]
Cream Pies, of course!
It all makes total sense now.

you sure it's not the attack of the dreaded paper airplain?

On one side, we have the fearsome pie produced with dark power and able to best even a Belmont...
On the other, we have the weapon said to be able to put someone's eye out...

I wonder which one of these it is  :rollseyes:
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #123 on: March 19, 2015, 11:45:37 AM »
Plot,

I would like to commend you regarding the plot and story elements for your tentative fan-game/story.

Makes for some really good reading!

Map some tentative levels out dude if this was a fan-game! 

So far everything about this is win!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
« Reply #124 on: March 19, 2015, 05:11:14 PM »
Plot,
I would like to commend you regarding the plot and story elements for your tentative fan-game/story.
Makes for some really good reading!

Map some tentative levels out dude if this was a fan-game! 
So far everything about this is win!

When you say "map", you mean spriting a level with tilesets and the such? If that's what you mean, then I'm not doing it anytime soon, man. Story first, gameplay mechanics second, enemy/equipment/stages/etc third, overall map fourth, and only after all this any graphics will be made for levels/characters/enemies.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #125 on: March 19, 2015, 05:26:24 PM »
Though, in seriousness, what is this mystery thing Jonathan has? I can think of a bunch of things just off the top of my head.

On one hand, he has both the training and expertise of the Belmont AND Morris families.

He also has Charlotte's repertoire of knowledge and magic.

He has the insights and wisdoms of Wind, who being a ghost would of course know things ordinary humans wouldn't.

He has a far greater arsenal and knowledge of weaponry than the average Belmont or Morris; in fact, Jonathan's experience in combat variety rivals that of Alucard or Soma, even. This applies to conventional weapons as well as subweapons, as he goes far beyond the traditional knife-axe-cross-holy water routine.

He knows how to utilize the Dual Crush which, when studied and modified by more magically-inclined allies like the Belnades family, could likely be crafted for use by a single person while still retaining the immense power of the technique (Julius' Grand Cross, anyone?).

He knows how to execute his mission with a partner. While this isn't a huge thing on its own, one must remember that for a thousand years the Belmonts have done their jobs solo, with very few exceptions. That ability to cooperate with another with a different set of skills without hindering either of you is definitely something I feel noting, especially given that the DCW were won by more than just Julius' skills alone.

He has a motherfuckin' teddy bear that's serious fuckin' business.

So, given the half-dozen ways I just took it myself, any chance you could be persuaded to divulge that little bit of information, plot?

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #126 on: March 19, 2015, 05:41:08 PM »
Though, in seriousness, what is this mystery thing Jonathan has? I can think of a bunch of things just off the top of my head.
On one hand, he has both the training and expertise of the Belmont AND Morris families.
He also has Charlotte's repertoire of knowledge and magic.
He has the insights and wisdoms of Wind, who being a ghost would of course know things ordinary humans wouldn't.
He has a far greater arsenal and knowledge of weaponry than the average Belmont or Morris; in fact, Jonathan's experience in combat variety rivals that of Alucard or Soma, even. This applies to conventional weapons as well as subweapons, as he goes far beyond the traditional knife-axe-cross-holy water routine.
He knows how to utilize the Dual Crush which, when studied and modified by more magically-inclined allies like the Belnades family, could likely be crafted for use by a single person while still retaining the immense power of the technique (Julius' Grand Cross, anyone?).

He knows how to execute his mission with a partner. While this isn't a huge thing on its own, one must remember that for a thousand years the Belmonts have done their jobs solo, with very few exceptions. That ability to cooperate with another with a different set of skills without hindering either of you is definitely something I feel noting, especially given that the DCW were won by more than just Julius' skills alone.

He has a motherfuckin' teddy bear that's serious fuckin' business.

So, given the half-dozen ways I just took it myself, any chance you could be persuaded to divulge that little bit of information, plot?

You mentioned EVERYTHING, but forgot this one thing (even though it fits on one of the categories you mentioned):

Jonathan can teach Julius the Kischine's Secret Art because he owns the Stellar Sword, and presumably the knowledge from the Kischine family too.

Establishing that Daniela was a Kischine descendant was important to set up the link between Maxim, and Eric mysteriously owning the sword. He acquired it before he died, somehow, but having the Belmont-related families all in one place under Alucard's eye makes it much easier to see how the sword wound up with Eric.

Even though the sword allows Jonathan to execute the Kischine's Secret Art with a simple button input in gameplay terms, in-story, I believe Wind would have taught him the technique, just like he told he could do.

This is how Julius learns it. Jonathan is the reason why Julius is pretty much so powerful: Jonathan himself is a repository of extensive combat knowledge acquired through the ages by the many hunters related to the Belmonts.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 05:43:53 PM by theplottwist »

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #127 on: March 19, 2015, 05:43:51 PM »
He's still a little bitch, though.   :rollseyes:

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #128 on: March 19, 2015, 05:46:21 PM »
You won't quite like Jonathan's story planned for this, though. Nobody will lol

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #129 on: March 19, 2015, 05:53:48 PM »

Julius won't learn the Grand Cross that way. Julius' incredibly powerful Grand Cross comes from another source altogether that nobody is paying attention to. I can tell you through PM if you want.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 06:26:26 PM by theplottwist »

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: March 19, 2015, 05:56:46 PM »
+1
Please.

You amazing son of a bitch. I applaud you.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 06:11:17 PM by Dracula9 »

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #131 on: March 19, 2015, 06:13:47 PM »
+1
Please.

You amazing son of a bitch. I applaud you.

"I'm PlotTwist. That's my job".

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #132 on: March 21, 2015, 02:34:11 PM »
Edited one sprite, an added a hint of gameplay mechanics to it.

Next timeline post coming soon.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #133 on: March 21, 2015, 03:21:59 PM »
Edited one sprite, an added a hint of gameplay mechanics to it.

Next timeline post coming soon.
Alucard Spear...nice touch!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Ericard

« Reply #134 on: March 25, 2015, 04:23:43 AM »
The 100years of development. All I see here is just a picture and words, but the game never even exist at all even until the future. This so called Demon Castle Wars Um'BRA of Sorrow probably just to show off and lure the info, but there's no such thing as the game will ever created until now. It is proofed that my DCW existence from early until someone starting to mimic my ideas. Off the boat now.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 08:04:06 AM by Ericard »

Tags: 1999 Awes