Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Are you aware of the CV:Dungeon Facebook-page?  (Read 6012 times)

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
Re: Are you aware of the CV:Dungeon Facebook-page?
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2012, 06:45:45 AM »
Ok, now I feel like an asshole.. >:(

Offline P/\/\\/o

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2013, 02:23:53 AM »
The FB-page is slowly, but surely, becoming interesting... >;-D
'Oct.10, '03: I got Smacked down at Smackdown!' ;D

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2013, 08:32:07 AM »
well let me add this as well... revive my use of FB a lil more
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline Lashen

• Vampire Hunter
  • ..."Nunchakus."
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2013, 11:23:44 AM »
I don't wanna...
(click to show/hide)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2013, 01:23:55 AM »
I am aware of it. It appears on the top right hand side of the boards from time to time.
But I won't be joining it. Facebook is a fad, it will soon fade away. Plus I don't want to reconnect with those idiotic classmates I had in high school.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2013, 01:26:17 AM »
I'm not exactly sure how Facebook can be considered a fad when it's basically the next level of Internet communication.

Of course, MySpace fell to the wayside, so ya never know.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2013, 09:00:00 AM »
If you're going to refuse to join everything because of the idea that 'it's a fad', you're going to miss out on a lot of good things.
Mind you, I'm not telling you to join Facebook or join the group.  Some people just don't dig their life details being cataloged online for the masses, and being owned by a corporation, as well as other perfectly good reasons.

However, the 'fad' excuse doesn't really hold water because fads are usually known as fads in hindsight (same with trends).  When something has existed for almost a decade (it's going on for 9 years now with probably 7 of which being accessible to all), it's hard to see it as a fad.  People at one point thought Television was a fad. The Internet, portable music, wireless networking, are other examples.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2013, 09:32:41 AM »
haha yeah, that's like saying smartphones/touch screen phones are a just fad, i'll stick to what i got  ;D

Offline P/\/\\/o

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2013, 09:56:29 AM »
yes, it's safe to say FB is not just a fad, anymore. A trend, that lasted for awhile, maybe. Only time will tell. There's no need to 'fight the power', just for the sakes of fighting the power. ;)

'Oct.10, '03: I got Smacked down at Smackdown!' ;D

Tags:

anything