Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Michael Bay's TMNT trailer released  (Read 6555 times)

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« on: March 27, 2014, 11:37:14 AM »
TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES - Official Trailer (2014) [HD]

Color me unimpressed, especially with the pointless rewrites to the mythology. Though it is pretty funny how many "totally serious" fades to black they do in this trailer. Then again this film isn't for me, it's for my theoretical children who have already been theoretically watching the CGI TMNT cartoon on Nickelodeon for some time now.

In the interests of scientific comparison
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Trailer

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 11:45:35 AM »
Why is that whole 'dramatic slow-down' still a thing?

Whoever was behind this trailer clearly had no idea if it's meant to be very serious or slapstick, and I'm going to guess the movie will be the exact same way.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 12:46:46 PM »
Though it is pretty funny how many "totally serious" fades to black they do in this trailer.

These "dramatic" trailers have become like a parody except...not. They've gotten almost as bad as the comedy trailers with record scratches and pauses for laughter.

Movie looks horrible. I didn't realize the Turtles possessed superhuman strength; Raphael slams into that humvee without cracking his shell. Impressive.

I suppose kids will be delighted. I actually really like the Nickelodeon cartoon, but this "serious movie version" isn't sizing up well.

Peter Laird has his millions and I guess that's all he cares about.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 12:53:15 PM »
Man who cares about TMNT (btw I like TMNT). They need to remake the Masters of the Universe movie. With all the special effects we have now I want to see a badass He-Man movie

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 01:45:29 PM »
http://www.superherohype.com/news/296417-cinemacon-paramount-shows-off-first-ninja-turtles-and-new-transformers-footage

According to that first video with Will Arnett, Vernon is canon, and he's not as grumpy as in the comics. He's also the cousin of Casey Jones.

Vernon was never in the comics.

Why anyone thought it would be cool to bring this character into the new film, and make him family to Jones, is beyond me.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 06:11:31 PM »
I'd like to extend a most sincere and heartfelt "fuck you" to Micheal Bay and his approval of retarded and unnecessary rewrites to the TMNT mythos and blatant Amazing Spider-man 2 rip-off.
If he produced Masters of the Universe would The King a Queen be working with the Sorceress to create He-Man?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 06:17:02 PM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2014, 10:20:41 PM »
+1
Id LOVE to see MOTU get a reboot these days. Maybe somethin along the longs of how they did Transformers Animated or something. As long as Michael Bay isnt involved...

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2014, 05:34:57 AM »
  This looks terrible. But the Transformers films were terrible so I'm not exactly surprised. If they made a new He-Man movie I do not believe it would be any better than the He-Man movie we already have to be perfectly honest.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2014, 05:53:04 PM »
  This looks terrible. But the Transformers films were terrible so I'm not exactly surprised. If they made a new He-Man movie I do not believe it would be any better than the He-Man movie we already have to be perfectly honest.
When was the last time you saw the original MOTU? Any He-Man remake would be better than that piece of hud. I mean can see the make up run off the actor who is Skeletor's face. The movie doesn't have Orko or Battlecat either aka half of the characters who know Adam is He-Man. The list goes on but I digress.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2014, 06:14:59 PM »
im not gonna say this is utter trash, and im not gonna say its good either. im neutral at this point, it is what it is

either way, it cant be half as bad as tmnt 3

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2014, 09:24:21 PM »
This looks like it could be ok.

The worst monsters are human.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2014, 10:03:00 PM »
im not gonna say this is utter trash, and im not gonna say its good either. im neutral at this point, it is what it is

either way, it cant be half as bad as tmnt 3

Shredder got whitewashed. -_-
"Stuff and things."

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2014, 11:27:10 PM »
why are they 9' tall?

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Tags: