Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Retro Nintendo to kids of today  (Read 5265 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2014, 06:08:12 PM »
Did you throw in a suggestion for Contra? I'd love to see that!
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2014, 06:30:35 PM »
:-S No...I didn't even think of that!  That would have been a good one.

I suggested Legend of Zelda, CV 1 or 3, Mario 2 or 3, Gauntlet, Final Fantasy  (to cover some "classic" titles)
Battletoads, Snake Rattle 'n' Roll, Kickle Cubicle, Kid Icarus ("odd" games, though Battletoads is kindof a classic)
Techmo Bowl (To cover sports)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2014, 09:39:34 AM »
Well there's over 800 NES titles not counting games never released outside of Japan. They've got plenty of material to cover and then it's on to the next retro console.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lashen

• Vampire Hunter
  • ..."Nunchakus."
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2014, 11:01:23 AM »
Every time I see one of these videos I wonder what sheltered private/artsy school they auditioned these kids from—this isn't the standard.
Unless of course somebody can convince me none of them have seen the inside of a Hot Topic.

I'm going to be seeing this British girl in my nightmares.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Tanatra

• Everything Burns
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
Re: Retro Nintendo to kids of today
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2014, 06:31:08 PM »
Every time I see one of these videos I wonder what sheltered private/artsy school they auditioned these kids from—this isn't the standard.
Unless of course somebody can convince me none of them have seen the inside of a Hot Topic.

When I was a young teen, I remember anything that had been out for more than 3 months was "old", and therefore not cool anymore, at least not among the types who were obsessed with pop culture. Hipsters and gamers might be an exception, but I've met few retro gamers outside of the internet, and they were all older than I am (29). I'm sure those kids have been to a Hot Topic at some point, but that doesn't mean that they're gonna know what that Triforce t-shirt on the wall is in reference to.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2014, 07:37:12 PM »
One of the girls is from Game of Thrones but I'm not sure about the others

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2014, 04:48:28 AM »
I think some of this is scripted, retro is all around with adults, surely these kids have/had been exposed to it before. My nephews when they were little runts would watch me play Mega Man, and knew exactly who he was already. And this was maybe 9 years ago or so.

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2014, 01:06:23 PM »
I dunno...it seems fairly genuine.  I'm sure it depends a bit on the circles you run in.  The one kid said his brother just bought an NES...I think there was another one or two that said they'd seen or played one before.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2014, 01:24:06 PM »
+2

The British girl is from Game of Thrones Ayra Stark IIRC.

Also since Halloween is coming castlevania is a must we all should band up and tell em.

(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Tags:

anything