Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Music composition  (Read 2524 times)

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Music composition
« on: August 25, 2008, 06:21:15 PM »
My first assignment in my composition class is to write a song without writing notes (only directions) for at least 4 instruments (it has to be on instruments people in the class play) and they have to be able to learn it and perform it in 5 minutes. Hmm...I have some ideas but I don't know how much is needed for it to not be repetitive yet be easy enough for them to learn to play (memorize without sheet music to begin with) in 5 minutes. Just kinda felt like writing out my confusion, not really asking for any suggestions (definitely not any melodic suggestions). Feel free to discuss your feelings on this assignment or anything you are writing yourself.
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Music composition
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 07:40:41 PM »
How do you write a song without notes?

What kind of class is this lol.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 04:54:14 PM »
In Reply To #2

You have to give them some kind of direction. It is a composition skills class.
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 03:55:50 AM »
Don't you mean conductor?

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 05:33:05 PM »
In Reply To #4

Nope.

The assignment kinda directs you toward writing a piece that would either be really hard to right down or really annoying to write down. Next assignment will be much different.

Tags: