Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Super Castlevania 3 Project--Progress Report  (Read 188986 times)

Offline reiko26

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
Re: Super Castlevania 3 Project--Progress Report
« Reply #240 on: May 10, 2014, 08:53:15 PM »
Yeah ok kool. you guys do as you wish. I mean i hate to break it to you guysbut it has been a fun and long journey working on this game as ive witness coders and spriters come and go. even from the beginning as I was spriting along with Las when mike obreck started the game. till his hiatus and turning the control of the game over to Myself and Las.  We both been through ups and downs throught this game. Ive seen it get this far. Ive done alot for the project and it was fun. But now ive come to the road that I must depart from the project. my job and cycle has ended. I got real life things that I must attend to and I have no more time to spend on this game. as I said, my saga has ended. you have already of what was required for us both. So now Las, I turn the project over to you to do what you wish.
The game is already afar in progress. All the ideas I could muster out have come to its head as well. Maybe by the time i get things situated in real life, then maybe i can holla at cha. but till then I must say my farewells. nothing personal. it is what it is. Im confident that you guys can finish without me. youve been doing it so far that way any how. it was fun. but like all good things, they must come to an end. Goodbye Las. @ retro, have his back and see him through. Las is a great guy and a really good friend of mine. see ya guys. :'(

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #241 on: May 10, 2014, 09:08:57 PM »
Hey Reiko! Ok man..i understand..real life thinks take priority. Hope things are working out for you man. Well if you ever do have time and decide to come back to the project..you are more than welcome..we can always use your ideas and support. I noticed you had been a bit busy lately and wondered where you had been. If it's farewell for now..i'm sure we'll meet up again in the future for another project..or perhaps later on this one if you decide to come back. Feel free to stop in from time to time or skype me. Dont be a stranger..eh. Well retro and i have been working on more stuff..and i've decided to attempt helping him with a theme song for his megaman project..I'm hoping it goes well..i feel like i can write custom vania stuff..but the megaman maybe a bit of a challenge. Well ok reiko till we meet again ..

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline reiko26

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #242 on: May 10, 2014, 09:32:09 PM »
Thanks for your understanding Las. and Ill definately keep in touch as we are friends in real life as well not just online buddys like most. one thing I ask though during my absents is please keep the game close to canon as we intended in the begining. too much extras and newness can destroy the canon feel. thats what i tried expressing before my farewell message. i m. ean no disrespect to anyone. i just know what our vision was in the begining and id like to keep it that way along with our secrets of cod stuff. but no over saturation of enemies of other games or it will make for a sloppy game ya know? If you need some epic ideas just pm me as Ill be lurking in the shadows. We will be watching.

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #243 on: May 11, 2014, 08:53:38 AM »
Yeah Reiko that's cool. Feel free to hit us up anytime. You know where to reach me,Retro or LC. But yeah.. as for rli taking their toll..i understand completely man. As for the game..well yeah retro and i have discussed it..we are defitnly going to keep the game as canon as possible. We may do a little here and their.. I mean..we kinda see it as a remake/revamp..so where not looking to go very custom. Their maybe the occasional this or that..with levels but yeah..we'd like to keep them as recognizable as possible.. Something that is not too custom..I keep reminding myself this is a remake more than a revamp..and should be more canon. Obviously the original had alot of redundant enemies and repeat bosses..so adding some new enemies/bosses wont' hurt imho. So long as they make sense..and the levles should represent the levels being portryed..agreed their.. And yeah..if we need some keen ideas..for stuff we'll hit you up..should you think of anything that would enhance ....feel free to drop us a line. Dont be a stranger..

Offline TheRetroArtist

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #244 on: May 11, 2014, 09:18:48 AM »
@reiko Hey thanks for all you did. I greatly appreciate it. And yeah we'll be sure to have it the game you intended for it to be. We'll be sure not to disappoint. Anyways so long reiko.

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #245 on: May 11, 2014, 12:12:42 PM »
Normally i wouldnt do this..so soon after a vid release. But i decided to get crafty and just felt the changes weren enough for the Tower.
SCV3 Tower of Terror(Boobie Traps Slight update)
So i added in some boobie traps. Granted several of them have to be moved around..so that the areas are doable. Yes.challenging..but we'll have to beta test to see what will be passable and what wont be. Obviously room 6 wont be that ridiculous when done.
I have to add some time delay code to the swinging blades.. when figured out this will be good to use aswell on swinging pendelums..in the keep. Can't wait!
I may add something here or take something out in other rooms..all depends.  I also have added a guillotene trap..but not sure where i'd put that..if i can fit it in perhaps the dungeon..but not here.  I have more updated stuff but am not ready to show it..as it is..this was very prematurely planned.

Offline julianbelmontxx1

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #246 on: May 11, 2014, 02:51:58 PM »
in my opinion the tower looks great as it is, but the pendulums would fit better on the dungeon and the keep.
the grant sprites are new or it´s just me? he looks great.

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #247 on: May 11, 2014, 06:26:05 PM »
Well yeah i did consider some stuff for the keep too actually speaking of that. But i put some traps in cause the level felt a bit bare..just enemies..and littel ornamnets. I coudln see much more ornaments really. And the pendulums colors blended well i thought. Well i do think theirs to many traps..but it makes for a tougher level. As for grant..yeah it's a tweaked walking..i keep working on it.. It still need to be darkened..and i'm not sure if tha's the style walk i'm looking for..but i do like it. I'm trying to be particular on him for a reason..It's like he should have a mechanic simon belmont chronciles walk hunched over...and creeping liek..that is what i'm trying to achieve..you know..

Offline reiko26

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #248 on: May 11, 2014, 10:24:19 PM »
Good idea with the traps man. pretty clevee. however the level is way too over saturated with traps. the double guillotine in the one room with the twirling blades is rediculous. . if i may suggest just have them in like 2 or 3 rooms. but not all the way through. thats too much. its cool to add some new things but keep it close to canon. new thinga can enhance but can also kill the canonism of the game and decrease the fun factor. im just saying. be very mindful and creative but not overly creative. hop my criticism helps.

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #249 on: May 11, 2014, 10:35:12 PM »
Right? :D I clearly agree with you guys their..I did post on youtube that that room would get reworked..actually it is funny as hell just tyring to get the player to get from left part of the room to the right..without dieng just in that one rooms...lmao. Actually i can make it pretty far without getting hit..I'm gonna say to midway room 5. Clearly i have the cutters rotating the wrong way..I made a couple reverse ones their(Cant possibly pass without grant or al).. I am thinking in room 6 to keep the doulbe pendulum  because they will change course with time delay code. So that will be tricky enough up top. With the spikes floors.. I"ll take out all the top cutters..I'll leave the bottom one with 1 cutter..you'll see why later..it will get to be decision making time..Go balls to the walls or get the hell out of their. Yeah the second to last room is doable..i just happend to shift the cutter slighty to the right like a dip shit..before i recorded..i'll just move it back again..so the players can work their way around the stairs.. If you time it right(how i had it before i changed it) you can make it up the stairs..and avoid the fireballs..to get in the middle area to safety. Oh i'll be beta testing the nuckin' futs out of this bad boy! lol.I wanna make damn sure people can pass it but at the same time make it a challenge.  ;D ;D  8)

Offline reiko26

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #250 on: May 17, 2014, 06:50:51 PM »
Hey Las and retro, what poppin behind the curtains? @ Las did you get a holf of my dude? The one that did our new intro? When you get that, it will be fire. Things so far from what ive saw is looking great. just keep the traps to a minimum. @ retro, great job on the programming. your doing a fabtastic job. and the fencer enemies are going to be a blast. keep it up guys Im amazed. dont give up. I shall be back sooner than you all may think. gotta get some things straightened out. well with the progress you guys are making, you may be done before my return lol. well holla back and keep the topic updated and let the fans in on whats poppin. you guys are rocking it fa sho.

Offline TheRetroArtist

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #251 on: May 18, 2014, 05:02:29 AM »
Hey reiko. Things are coming along pretty good. Right now Las and I are trying to get another shot at 3d primitives. I just need to mess around with some code we got from esco and try to get something to show up. Also I'm currently working on the snake dragon boss. So far it's coming along pretty well. I just need to add some effect while the dragon's going up the ceiling like the water coming up. Las and I were talking about some effects we could use and let's just say it will be epic when we're done. ;)
But yeah I plan on working on some new enemies like the CV3 zombies Las made and stuff like that. Anyways hopefully sooner or later we'll have something good to show.

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #252 on: May 18, 2014, 03:29:14 PM »
Well..i was sorta hoping we wouldnt mention too many secrets..but yeah..i'm still tweaking levels. I techincally dont have enough completed on specific levels to really show enough..I could do screenshots..but you still woudnt get teh full effect. Perhaps i will anyways.... probably be back later to show..and explain..

Offline reiko26

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #253 on: May 19, 2014, 06:58:06 PM »
Ok show me something good las ;D. Im sure ill get the jist of it as you explain it. its all good though. you always make things good happen with the project. thats why youve al always been the righthand man in this project.@  retro is a beasz when it comes to coding. im glad to have him.

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #254 on: May 19, 2014, 09:05:23 PM »
Yeah.retro and i have been brainstorming some ideas and stuff. Getting some neat ideas going on. Eh Reiko..you want some news..well i got at least something..not much though.As for now..i dont have alot to show..Well this is vid is from the snidr's tutorial..it keeps giving me an error though..so i really can't run it long befor it has issues. Something that says cant' do division by 0. It's not even an error i've heard of until now. So yeah..i have no idea. I tried to talk to him on this..but he's only using studio now..so unless LC or Retro can help me figure out what is wrong with it..i'm on my own. This is was the intended version of the tower( or at least i potenitial idea)..i think thier would still be away to have eveyrthing as is in the levels..it seems to is wrap aroudn the screen. it isnt true 3d but fake. Still pretty awesome if you ask me!

3d Fake Tower test Snidr tutorial TrevorBelmont

Also the only primtive i have gotten to do anything..is the temple i found in a gmk tutorial.  I took out it's little oracle relic in the middle and removes the distortion and much of the extra glaring lighting. You can see here i first got it into the debug room..when i messed with more draw code i am able to get it into the room facing front..but i stil can't turn it..or rotate it(for some reason when i do..the screen goes black..it just sits their..idle..yeah..it's progress..but honestly..it just doesnt look right at all..i have ot get it so it is much furhter down and use z depth..i know what i wanna do..i just have to figure out how to do it.. But yeah..these primtives may take some time..

at the  debug room

after the debug room in sunken city

dont get too excited..i havent gotten it to do much..trust me..only was able to manipulate the script in the loader some what..still got a ways to go just to get it how i want it..for some reason teh model seems tilted too and im not sure..why..i'll have to just keep at it..

Tags: