Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Super Castlevania 3 Project--Progress Report  (Read 188995 times)

Offline reiko26

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
Re: Super Castlevania 3 Project--Progress Report
« Reply #255 on: May 19, 2014, 09:21:06 PM »
Oh ok i see what you have going on. pretty clever Las. you are going in the right direction with the fake 3d scrolling and the 3d. Temple. I know thst youll get it working ir tilted. right. too bad we cant ask for help being that either no one knows how to do that or they are lazy as hell to help out. I mean real talk we practically did the game and got this far by figuring things out. you, myself, retro, lord cyber, and crimson. wwe will get the results we have planned for. keep up the great work pal.

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #256 on: May 20, 2014, 04:51:26 AM »
Um...well i wont lie..sometimes it's hard to get help on this stuff. It seems like everyone has some tutorial on primtives..yet everytime i follow their directions..their are issues(maybe it's cause of obrecks source). I'm not sure..and i'm thinking it's just a matter of playing around with it.. even that guy at our old forum(mr bennett)..you found on yhoutube...his clocktower gmk.well...it never showed up in the source..and i dont mean our source..i'm tlaking about his tutorial. I'm not sure what to say...sadly..i would need an example that worked(or some visual)..see what was added and from their make adjustments. I realize there is certain things that need to be present for it to work..but i'm just not coding in enough of it..and having some issues firguing out why. Some of the vid tutorials involve using vertices to draw the model..i am not looking to do that..but to load the model instead..where it is preset.The worst issues is getting the black screen..that negates everything i'm attempting to do...like view the primtive. But yeah..i'm sure sooner or later i'll figure out what i'm doing.. and correct it.. It's progress but very baby step progess...

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #257 on: May 20, 2014, 09:48:45 AM »
+1
Don't give up guys. I'd love to see this all done  ;)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline TheRetroArtist

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #258 on: May 20, 2014, 07:07:17 PM »
+1
Dang. Looks like you already making progress Las. Yeah I still need to work on 3d primitives. I've been really busy for the past few days but now I have some more free time so hopefully I'll get down to working on that.

Offline reiko26

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #259 on: May 20, 2014, 08:05:51 PM »
Yeah Las I get what your saying. we will get thriugh this. youll have the 3d primitives that we desire. think about when we first started. now look at the project now. we went beast mode on it. this game is already epic. let me correct myself lol EPIC. just keep at it.
@ X, thanx for your support. youll see that the wait will be well worth it. you along with the rest will be happy. even though we added extras to spice up the game, this is close zo a canon cv3 remake as its going to get. And Las's creative mind along with mine pushes up to take more time to perfect .

@ Retro, keep up the great work. without you we wouldnt have been able to get as far as we have gotten now. So I am forever thankful to have you aboard the team. Now guys, Lets get it .  Epic

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #260 on: May 20, 2014, 09:05:38 PM »
Its good to see news, Las that last video you put is awesome, keep that spirit up.

Offline Terin

• Awards
« Reply #261 on: May 21, 2014, 09:47:32 AM »
Hey Las,

I'm working on a Castlevania-esque engine as well (but I'm not nearly as far along as most everyone else is), but I've dabbled significantly in 3D stuff.  If you need help trying to figure out some primitives, I'd be happy to help.  Not sure if you're using a third-party engine or are building it from scratch, but I'd be glad to help guide/steer you in the right direction -- just PM me.

Aside from that, it looks really awesome.  Even without 3D, you have something extremely special in your hands.

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #262 on: May 21, 2014, 03:05:36 PM »
Ok Thanks Terin! Yeah 3d primtives seeme to be giving me some problems as of late..not sure if it's obrecks engine or what. I use the mosaic light tutorial..and can load any models that is obj into it. I think tehir are ones for .d3d aswell i've found. When i put them in our engine..the screen is either black or blue..usualy no sign of the primitive..if so it usually ends up very small. I know gm8 has a bug that flips the texture..so you must put it upside down..but that's not really the issue here. I'm pretty sure..the draw code and all that is pretty accurate..im pretty certain with already made models i wouldnt need to code in vertices and stuff like that..though i could be wrong..hard to say from vid tutorials what my issue is. But yeah..i will hit you up..we have some amazing models by kaxblastard we'd love to put in the engine..

Offline reiko26

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #263 on: May 22, 2014, 12:23:41 PM »
Terin,thanx. for offering your 3d primitive skills to us. we could really use your help. Las has been trying to figure it out for some time now. he is getting better with it but with somone as knowlegable about 3d primitives such as yourself, ee could definately get alot done.

@Las, thanks for keeping hard at it with taking lead of the project durimg my absence. ill be back shortly.
@ retro my man, once again Im very thankful that you joined us. cant wait to see the bone dragon and the extra you did to him for that level. you got mad skillz dude. keep up the great work.

Offline TheRetroArtist

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #264 on: May 22, 2014, 02:43:22 PM »
+1
@reiko haha thanks man. So far the bone dragon is coming along well. Just need to figure out how to get water to come down without causing any lag. :P But yeah it should work out sooner or later.

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #265 on: May 22, 2014, 05:30:57 PM »
Ok..while i have some other updates..not quite ready for video recording..i do have the inner halls which is nearly complete. Which is to say...yes we still need to do the doppleganers for it..we also need to fix the reflective water in room 10 which is giving an error..but would look great if solved. I would love to add some distortion to the waterfalls in the waterfall rooms..just not sure if we'd need plugins to do that..it is far easier in gm studio for stuff like that. As for the overall level..well i feel it is far more Inner halls, looking more like an interior of a castle as opposed to a castle courtyard. It is the exact same reason why in the coutryard i added the front two areas..because it felt to much like an inner halls. Does anyone get the feeling like maybe they mislabeled these two levels, or is it just me?
 Well anyways..here ye goes!
Super Castlevania 3 Fan game- Inner halls some changes

I want to apologize for the level name behind the room 8 i believe..it is supposed to be trees..my bad..i will have to fix that..
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 05:39:07 PM by Las »

Offline reiko26

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #266 on: May 22, 2014, 07:43:13 PM »
Wow Bro that is super tight. im diggin the level even much so now. ;) you did your thing on that. you always seem to out do yourself each time you retweak a level. just fix them traps in the tower and keep them to a minimum ;D lol other thsn that, you put the "E" in epic.

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #267 on: May 23, 2014, 03:41:58 AM »
Hey Thanks! Yeah..i do have to fix those traps don't I. That room 6 of the tower was too beastly. But yeah..i'll tone it down a bit. Retro says he's gonna attempt the fake 3d tower code to see what happens. Possibly we could apply it..we'll see what happens. I also noticed the primiteves..well im not sure i'm not coding them in correctly..but it appears we have a blue screen issues that needs to get resolved. Not sure why it takes over the entire screen. I wish to rid of the blue screen when i put a primitve in a room. Ah..if only it were gone..then i can see what i coded or not.. It maybe oberck conflicted coding that is causing it..but i'm not sure.. Hopefully it's just somethng i did wrong.  But yeah..anyways..i got a bit deeper in a couple more levels i'd like to show off..i'm nearly ready to show them off.  Since ii've been brainstorming too..i've goten some interesting ideas for the geodes..i hope i can pull off what i wanna do on them..if so..it will be "Epic" :o

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #268 on: May 23, 2014, 03:53:13 PM »
I think Trevor's walk animation is a little too slow. should be the speed of the walk animation.

The level looks great! A little more contrast would help, though.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #269 on: May 24, 2014, 06:07:05 AM »
I can look into speeds of the players.. I do wann get thing more accurate on some of them..though trevor was in mind the least of my problems. I was thinking of instead of a backflip..like a richters dash possibly..we'll see..i dont want him overpowered.. But for instance acluard's attack speed for sotn version and sypha's attacks are way too fast and need to be tone down in terms of speed. Actually so does teh speed of his shot orb for cv3 alucard..these are things we'll have to play around with in time

Update time-Molten Lava Stage
Well i got another update.. not only has the inner halls been revamped minus the reflectivewater rooms..but i have made some tweaks the molten lava pass as well as the keep. The keep revamps are more minor..and to be honest..i can see revamping it again for a final time.

Other than the drac x effect way back lava field..i'd say this level is as complete as it will get..I could possibley extend it further though i did already. I set some custom versions of traps. I may add in some fire gremlins or things that have to do with the elements.. Also the bone bridge..i may make that crumble..not sure yet.. Retro was really digging it..and i'd say overall im pretty satisfied with the results..though i'd love to try for that drac x effect still. The lava at the bottom is insta-kill as alucard takes one for the team at the end of the video to show this. I coudlnt include the bubbles..maybe i'll make a spawning bubble generator. And though i dont like it..the level can give the engine external errors sometimes..not always though. I think it's cause i need to have teh lava coded..instead..but we'lll see. I heard that studio can handle alot more in terms of sprites..so at some point..it maybe wise we transfer to that instead.

Anyhow,Heres' the latest on the molten lava passage:
Super Castlevania 3 Fan game Molten Lava Passage revamp

Tags: