Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Super Castlevania 3 Project--Progress Report  (Read 189006 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Super Castlevania 3 Project--Progress Report
« Reply #300 on: June 03, 2014, 10:11:34 AM »
+1
Hey! You got the large gears for the clock tower in place! Sweet  8)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #301 on: June 03, 2014, 03:58:23 PM »
+1
Nice work. The SCV4 gears look funky and made me lol a little.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #302 on: June 03, 2014, 04:24:46 PM »
Perhaps i hade other gears in at one point..but yeah..the SCV4 ones were damn neart identical to that of cv3 exept 16 bit..so i choose to go with those which makes sense. Glad to have finally gotten in all the areas of the levels that needed y parrellexing..this is a reflef. I have code that allows players to go up stairs automatically...i figured to dabble with that at some point..LC gets credit for that code. I will have to adapt to downstairs aswell. The one room in the entire game it will pose a problem in is that one room in the tower stage with the swinging blade..so i may make it so that your head only goes up to the floor platform for that..  ;)

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #303 on: June 03, 2014, 05:54:16 PM »
I have code that allows players to go up stairs automatically...i figured to dabble with that at some point..LC gets credit for that code.

I've only noted 2 areas in CV III where this is actually used. One is in the forest stage and one is in the stage of Dracula's castle which has Death as the boss.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #304 on: June 04, 2014, 03:48:20 PM »
ok i will have to look into that..i thought it was every stairs room..perhaps not..i will look at footage and remember these 2 areas in particular..thanks!

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #305 on: June 20, 2014, 05:19:32 PM »
Hey guys! I realize it's been a while and i figured i'd mention we are in the process of converting our source to a newer engine in studio. Soon Retro and i would like to showcase the geode's caves, we wont's spoil to much..and we've added some extra enemies. He's gotten 1 of 3 completed..near to completing the 2nd. The level is quite a bit differnt than the older version and longer as well. This however is not all teh SCV3 team has been working on..actually Jop lately has had a hugh hand in on some big suprises, we can't tell you about..but you'll be amazed when you see them! We are getting help from a fella named Justin on the conversion as well.. it may take a bit of time..but should give us much more room in the engien to do what we are planning to do..So a big thanks their to Justin on that! As for now..Retro and i will be focusing on producing stuff for a readied video on the revamped Geodes.  Ok..with that being said..please stay tuned..and we hope to have somethig for you in a reasonable amount of time. Thanks again guys!

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #306 on: July 20, 2014, 12:32:11 PM »
Hello Guys!!
i've wandering in youtube, and find a bunch of really impressive CVIII remixes, who can fit really well in this game!!

Las, please, take a look, this guy made great stuff!!

An "overture" remix:

Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse - "Overture"

a boss battle:

Castlevania III - Boss Battle (Remix)

and a clockwork remix:

Castlevania 3 - Clockwork (Remix)

Offline TheRetroArtist

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #307 on: July 21, 2014, 08:41:29 AM »
@eryson

Hey I'm liking the remakes you showed me. I especially like the overture remake. I'll talk to Las about it and see what he thinks.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #308 on: July 21, 2014, 09:59:33 AM »
I'm actually diggin' those remixes! They aren't guitar-heavy as most others I've heard. These sound really good and it makes me think that if the three NES titles had been remade for the SNES they would sound something like those remixes.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #309 on: July 21, 2014, 10:37:40 AM »
You can grab his MP3s here.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline TheRetroArtist

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #310 on: July 21, 2014, 07:09:39 PM »
You can grab his MP3s here.

Wow thanks for sharing that link Vlad. I found a lot of cool remakes he did. I especially like his remake of CV2 Bloody Tears and Anxiety. I hoping to find a good remake of the ghost ship theme and I think that works great. Thanks again.

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #311 on: July 21, 2014, 08:37:42 PM »
K, i will look into. I'm glad VladCt showed the mp3..i'll check on that too.. I'd listen on youtube..but my account is screwy. I get no sound when listening to youtube..so i'd have to dl the video everytime i watch something. I think at least two people on seperate occasions have now hacked my account and to be honest it gets really annoying. I thought about contacting youtube..but i figured they get that all the time..i mean..what will they do anyways? I've logged in at least twice to find my account accessed under another name..no clue why??At any rate..yeah i'll check those out...some of our songs are sorta set in stone..i mean..i've already contacted some people and our team has finalized some..but if theirs any ones that stand out for levels..especially ones we havnet selected we'll be sure to let you know if we decide..i'll be talking to Retro about it soon..thanks for the offers!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #312 on: July 22, 2014, 09:52:13 AM »
I thought about contacting youtube..but i figured they get that all the time..i mean..what will they do anyways?

You Tube has chosen to get a lot more security-oriented recently so they should deal with the issue once notified.

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #313 on: September 10, 2014, 08:01:53 PM »
 ;D
Hey guys it's been a while i know,sorry bout that, but we've been working hard on the engine. Jop and I have been doing alot of sprite art..much of what we can't discuss..but believe me it's pretty awesome! Recently Retro has moved out west for a couple years. So he won't be back for a while.However he did leave us with some really nice treats Jop will end up showing you. I am still in the process of recruiting gml code help over at Fushuion gaming and yoyo forums where their are alot of gml coders. I myself need to learn gml for the next project i would like to work on. So either way after the levels are enhanced i will be sitting down and doing nothing but learning coding. At that rate..if SCV3 hasnt been completed by anyone else in terms of code i will complete it. I have been able to do a littel with code and i have had a better understanding of how it works now. The more terms i look at the more i understand what's going on so that is good. I defntly wont' put any release dates for anything as of yet. But i will let you all know if i decide to put out a demo or complete the game and put up for dl. Things were quite extensive, barring the fact i can get help converting to studio from 8, it will provide extra things i can do(puppet animations,easier use of shaders as opposed to long code).  So far i've been able to do more than i thought i would in gm8 alone.

At the moment the latest levels that have seen revamps Jop will end up showing you when he's ready. He and i discussed that already. Also i been fortunate to get permission to use the drac form2 by plottwist. I ended up animating it aswell. Though we did have a somewhat revamped version from the original..i felt it too close to rideryu's version which we did not get permission to use. So instead we wil use this one. Though it was work done by kaxblastard i still plan to use any number of things which he has made for the project. I would love to get some of his prrimitves in our game..if only the damn loader would work correclty. It may come to me altering the main systems code to hold 3d in it. At any rate here is that version of plottwists dracula form 2 animated:

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #314 on: September 11, 2014, 05:48:10 PM »
Glad to see You're active, Las! BTW, this sprite is really impressive!!

Tags: