Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania NKN  (Read 4320 times)

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: July 24, 2014, 04:17:02 AM »
I dont know if i can post this here but i wanted to show this:

Castlevania NKN - Trailer

You can download on friday according to the creator Frequency

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 06:34:39 AM »
 :o This looks really cool!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 06:50:54 AM »
Yeah...VERY cool!  Download from where?

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 08:31:01 AM »
The Release Date will be 25/July/2014 and the download will be here i think:

http://castlevaniankn.blogspot.com.ar/

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 09:43:53 AM »
I'll have to check this out too. Although I'm left wondering what the NKN means. Personally I think the main character animations could use a little more polishing as his movements are stiff-looking. When attacking and running he's body form is way too vertical. He should be leaning forward when preforming these actions.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 01:09:25 AM »
I WAS WONDERING WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS GAME.

I saw a gameplay video for it a while back and thought it looked awesome! I'm definitely giving it a try.

EDIT: Gave it a try. Okay, it needs a lot of work. I've only played the first stage so far, but... The difficulty is relentless, and not in a fun way, either. The hit detection is wonky as hell on a lot of the enemies, and some of the AI is pretty poor, to boot. Some enemies take dozens of hits to kill (skeletons take about 6 hits with the leather whip, felt like I was playing MoF or something). The plot is piss poor, by the way, with some of the worst dialog I've ever seen in a game. These conversations really need to be much shorter. Hell, during one of the cutscenes about a skeleton, I was hit during the conversation about it, and after I killed it, it dropped a heart, but it disappeared during the cutscene.

Also, while we're talking about the hit detection again, the only reason the first boss even killed me is because the first pixel of its boot touched the first pixel of my boot and it destroyed me. And theeeeen I had to restart the whole stage, crappy cutscenes and all.

That being said, though, it's still pretty fun. Despite the flaws, it's pretty good, just needs some polishing up.

EDIT 2: Forgot to mention, the default controls are pretty bad.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 01:30:28 AM by Claimh Solais »
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 02:06:26 AM »
I played and for me its was fun, the dialogs in this game its just for fun since lot of part you see that he is scared of bats or he say stupid things like to kill the vampire it will cost 10000 and for every monster 500 and for 20 he will bring him a pizza and thats was fun since he works in a pizzeria, i think the creator make the dialogs fun because its fun, well at least for me, and its fun to see a diferent form of tell a dark history, about the hit detection, yeah i have problems but I'm getting habituate to that

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2014, 02:33:46 AM »
Yeah, the game was written as a parody, to show how other hunters were faring during the time the Belmonts were kicking ass (according to the blog). It's just that... the humor is so amateur. It doesn't seem well thought out, and just something that was written up in a few minutes. Now I'm not expecting top-of-the-line stuff, but this stuff's pretty bad.

Doesn't change the fact the game's still decently fun, even if the difficulty is broken as all hell.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Tags: