Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What anime are you currently watching....  (Read 131432 times)

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: What anime are you currently watching....
« Reply #225 on: October 05, 2017, 12:56:26 AM »
Tried to watch Full Metal Alchemist... Didn't really get into it. Would probably give it another chance later. Switched to watching Attack on Titan season 2. I'm in love again.  8)
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline TheMeadTree

• Hunter in Training
  • Glie
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #226 on: October 08, 2017, 11:55:06 AM »
Haibane Renmei turned me off from anime, and I mean that in a good way. Everything else seems so 'safe' by comparison, so calculated... There's truly no other anime quite like it. Nothing else tore at my soul in such a compelling way. I'm currently watching it for a 3rd time and still picking up on details that I missed previously. It's slow, it's subtle, and it's very powerful. I can't recommend it enough - it's an absolute gem.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 12:00:41 PM by TheMeadTree »

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #227 on: October 10, 2017, 02:59:04 AM »
Holy fuck re: the last ep's of DB Super..... :o
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #228 on: October 11, 2017, 05:46:42 AM »
To LOVE-Ru, one episode in, reminds me of Urusei Yatsura, just not as long, and the guy isn't a womanizer like Ataru was. Also first 2 episodes of the new season of Gintama. It's pretty much covering arcs before the last 2 serious arcs, but this one returns to the humorous side of Gintama, so not as much violence and bloodshed. 2018 is targeted as the airing of the final arc of Gintama, which is not done in the manga just yet. I'm gonna miss this show when it's over, I've done over 300 episodes of it, and other than the 2 serious arcs (and I mean a complete 180 of the humor laden arcs, tons of bloodshed, violence, and deaths), the laughs never stop coming.

Offline Eric Roman

• Arima Red
  • Vampire Hunter
  • THE RISE that Eric Roman has sent
    • EricTJRoman.com
    • Awards
« Reply #229 on: October 11, 2017, 11:32:16 AM »
After a false start several weeks back I'm moving through Re:Zero at a steady clip.  It's fun times and I'm finally beginning to understand those "Stereo Maids" that keep crossing my path in cons and cyberspace. 

Offline Ralph

• Professional Lurker
  • Master Hunter
  • Hai.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Ralphy's Nonsense
    • Awards
« Reply #230 on: October 11, 2017, 11:46:03 PM »
After a false start several weeks back I'm moving through Re:Zero at a steady clip.  It's fun times and I'm finally beginning to understand those "Stereo Maids" that keep crossing my path in cons and cyberspace.

I literally just finished Re:Zero a few days ago. I thought it was an amazing show.
A wild Ralph appears.
Wild Ralph uses Teleport.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #231 on: October 15, 2017, 02:58:20 AM »
The 5th movie of Digimon Tri
Finally, more plot. But more questions arise as well.
Oh boy.... must wait again until summer next year. Why do they take so long to make? /sigh

Offline Mooning Freddy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #232 on: October 19, 2017, 01:23:22 PM »
Watching Hellsing Ultimate. I love how the Catholic church in the story is more concerned with church politics than a vampire onslaught...  :P

"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #233 on: October 20, 2017, 03:38:04 AM »
I'm currently anime'ing:

Kekkai Sensen/Blood Blockade Battlefront

Net-Juu No Susume/Recovery of an MMO Junkie

Inuyashiki

I'm happy with all of them, tho Inuyashiki is definitely looking to be my fave.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #234 on: October 23, 2017, 11:41:29 PM »
+1
The more I watch To LOVE Ru, the more I think it should've just been called Tits and Ass, because every episode, there's lots of it. I've seen some harem/ecchi anime, but this is probably the most nudity I've seen in one series, to the point you come to expect it. Must've been some horny ass guy/guys producing this one. It developed a story in the second season, first season started with story, went random, then characters jump in from out of the blue (guess they expect me to read the manga, nah I won't), and BOOM a story develops that has no real conclusion in season 2. There is a 3rd season, but I doubt it carries over.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #235 on: October 24, 2017, 10:12:16 AM »
More random thoughts while watching Hellsing Ultimate:

Amusing how Integra keeps being referred to as "Sir" Integra; is this some sort of a Japanese misunderstanding of how English honorary titles work or a joke at Integra's masculine personality? Because last time I checked, if she's a woman, she should be Lady Integra.

Also, funny how almost everybody in this anime wears glasses. Alucard, Integra, Anderson, Walter, the Major, Luke Valentine... It appears that the creators really like how glass shines in a dim light. Otherwise, everybody's vision in that world is awful.
~Charlie Sheen

Offline BloodyShadowoftheDarkness

• I don't even know how I came up with this name
  • What a horrible night to have a curse...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #236 on: October 25, 2017, 07:50:03 PM »
Also, funny how almost everybody in this anime wears glasses. Alucard, Integra, Anderson, Walter, the Major, Luke Valentine... It appears that the creators really like how glass shines in a dim light. Otherwise, everybody's vision in that world is awful.

If I remember correctly, I think the creator actually mentioned liking characters with glasses.
(My memory is faulty on this one, so take it with a grain of salt as it may not be accurate).
The morning sun has vanquished the horrible night.

Offline gallandryal

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #237 on: October 29, 2017, 04:29:56 PM »
I'm watching Seven deadly sins. I was expecting it to be a worse Naruto (and that's bad) but surprisingly i found it entertaining

More random thoughts while watching Hellsing Ultimate:

Amusing how Integra keeps being referred to as "Sir" Integra; is this some sort of a Japanese misunderstanding of how English honorary titles work or a joke at Integra's masculine personality? Because last time I checked, if she's a woman, she should be Lady Integra.

I think it's a  allegory or "joke" about Integra's androgynous traits. I used to think she were a man first time a saw her.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #238 on: November 13, 2017, 02:42:39 AM »
Decided to give Attack on Titan a go. Almost dropped it, just because it seemed to stretch out a bit too much, but it started to pick up once they went to the forest.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Eric Roman

• Arima Red
  • Vampire Hunter
  • THE RISE that Eric Roman has sent
    • EricTJRoman.com
    • Awards
« Reply #239 on: January 24, 2018, 11:23:09 AM »
I am absolutely in love with DARLING in the FRANXX; at first I was loving the DIEBUSTER vibe of that whole world and then shit got real and then gahd yes.  Only two episodes on Crunchyroll, though.  ;_;  Anime of The Year So Far. 

Tags:

anything