Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What anime are you currently watching....  (Read 131215 times)

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: What anime are you currently watching....
« Reply #195 on: June 28, 2017, 10:18:29 AM »
BIG O BIG O BIG O

« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 09:15:20 PM by Shiroi Koumori »
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #196 on: June 29, 2017, 07:47:25 PM »
Just finished up the second season of the Berserk TV series. Such bad animation...;_;

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #197 on: July 01, 2017, 03:33:37 AM »
+1
Just finished up the second season of the Berserk TV series. Such bad animation...;_;

I know, it's insane  ???
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #198 on: July 05, 2017, 04:08:49 AM »
Caught an ep of the new mecha anime, Knights and Magic. It's...OK. The premise is that a Japanese programmer who really really loves giant robots is hit by a car and dies, only to be reincarnated as a young nobleman in a fantasy world, Ernesti. In this fantasy world, though, there are lots of giant monsters called Demon Beasts, and the medieval fantasy kingdoms must fight those monsters by piloting magically powered giant robots called Knight Silhouettes. Needless to say, our protagonist is so happy to be in a world with mecha that he doesn't care at all about having died, and promptly displays a peerless skill at both magic and mecha-piloting as well.

This is just the first episode, and...I guess it's okay. I'll start with the bad first. The comparisons with other fantasy-mecha shows, Aura Battler Dunbine and Vision of Escaflowne, are natural, and I don't think Knights and Mecha fares so well. Dunbine and Escaflowne had the same premise: Guy/girl from our world falls into fantasy realm where knights pilot giant robots. However, those two shows had some advantages. Dunbine's music was better (not just the theme song, but the BGM too), and the character writing seems to be superior. I mean, the protag doesn't even blink when he finds out he's been reincarnated and fits right in immediately with no culture shock whatsoever. In Dunbine, on the other hand, there's a lot of plot revolving around the hero's desire to return to Earth. Escaflowne didn't have quite as strong a plot (IMO) This wouldn't be so bad if Ernesti had been given some reason he'd have wanted to leave his old life behind (aside from a love of giant mecha), but there's no indication of any of that. Maybe we'll see in later episodes, though. And one more criticism: Back on Earth, our protag dies in a very ridiculous way. He gets hit by a car...but the scene is animated in such a way that our guy just stands there without moving a muscle as the vehicle bears down on him. He didn't look scared, in fact, he didn't even try to move out of the way, like the whole "Deer in headlights" thing! XD

With all that said, though, I stand by my assessment of the show as okay--on the higher bounds of okay, at least so far. I've wanted a fantasy mecha show for some time, because I loved Aura Battler Dunbine, and Knights and Magic looks like it'll scratch that itch, even if it can't beat Dunbine (or Escaflowne). The animation is solid. Not nearly as good as Escaflowne's, but definitely on the good side of average. Nowhere near as bad as, say, Berserk! XD The mecha design also isn't as good as Escaflowne's nor as distinctive as Dunbine's, but it gets the job done. The characters aren't exceptional, but they're likable enough; Ernesti seems like a pretty cool hero. He's very feminine in appearance, but thankfully doesn't have a complex about it, which earns him points in my book. Another famous mecha protagonist, Kamille from Zeta Gundam, had a girly name and physique and was really pissed off about it, so I'm glad Ernesti is more laid back.

In terms of the action...again, pretty good! Probably the best part of the show, IMO. There's some decent mecha action with the Knight Silhouettes versus the giant monsters (big bugs, giant ape-type things, and so on), but I actually like the swordplay better. Ernesti and his friends can fly around with their magic and wield these nifty little gun-sword things, and that was pretty cool. So all in all, I'm not blown away, but I am satisfied. And for those of you who want an age-rating: I think this show looks to be appropriate for teens. There's not much blood (the monsters kill a horse early on and you see some blood, but that's it) and no fanservice/sexual content. So yeah, this seems like a pretty standard, inoffensive show if you've got a younger friend who likes mecha. I think I'll keep watching this :D

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #199 on: July 24, 2017, 11:31:52 PM »
25 episodes of Toradora!, decent anime, though the ending made me want to pound my head on the wall.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #200 on: July 25, 2017, 03:14:45 AM »
Watching Shimoneta...I liked the overall concept of it from the start, but I kind of got a "why am I watching this?" feeling from it at first (okay, I'm watching it because I'm a pervert. There.). But it's seemed to really pick up after the first few episodes.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #201 on: July 25, 2017, 03:17:48 AM »
You watch shimoneta for the LOLs and not think about the plot too much.

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #202 on: July 31, 2017, 12:24:38 AM »
Watching Shimoneta...I liked the overall concept of it from the start, but I kind of got a "why am I watching this?" feeling from it at first (okay, I'm watching it because I'm a pervert. There.). But it's seemed to really pick up after the first few episodes.
You watch, no think, anime funny hehehe (I enjoyed it a couple years back).

Finished up Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, it was alright, now watching Little Witch Academia, looks good so far, though the animation's a little different from average.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #203 on: July 31, 2017, 04:59:34 AM »
Drag'in balls Uber... I wish they'd get to actual fights faster. Dbz dragged with filler, but at least the story arcs were more serious. Super feels too jokey. (Aside from the Zamasu arc).
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline suomynona

• Vampire Hunter
  • Bloodstained : Delay of the Night
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #204 on: July 31, 2017, 08:53:27 AM »
Yeh, I just watched the Castlevania anime.

I kinda feel for Dracula. Come on, that's how any ordinary men would react. You don't need to be evil or a devil itself to be that angry about your wife's innocent death. Then I would suggest that Trevor and Sypha, abut especially Alucard, they have a mind of a real, existing saint to even forgive those filthy, brainless scumbag peasants. Seriously, anyone except Trevor, the speakers and Dracula's family is an bunch of retards that deserves more pain then what they have got.

Yeah. Those peasants deserve it. At the end, they should be worshipping Trevor's hunting party, not their fake 'god', that apparently hates how his own world runs.

Really like the new approach to Trevor. he's so badass. I also liked how the show demonised the rotten church. I seriously don't understand why that Sypha works for the church, when the church killed her family and went for her life in the original series. Again, how on hell that church is a good side when they started the entire thing for their cause.
But, the best thing I got was Sypha. Her character was made in 1989. We had to wait for 28 years for another correct 'badass magician' representation of her character and most importantly, her clothing. You know, not tights, not miniskirts, the big blue robe with typical ranger hood.

In one sentence, instead of a 'Saturday morning anime that FucKonami gave us idk 12ish years ago, they gave me a Friday night Anime.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #205 on: July 31, 2017, 09:21:59 AM »
Kobayashi's Dragon Maid.
Good stuff, It's also fun to say one of the best animes I've watched was about lesbian dragons.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #206 on: August 05, 2017, 03:31:32 PM »
Puella Magi Madoka Magica and following stuff. Kinda freak out as the story goes on, but the finale gave a "big hole" to my mind
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #207 on: August 07, 2017, 12:37:31 PM »
School Rumble, so far, first season, many laughs have been had.  ;D

Offline redrum

• Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #208 on: August 11, 2017, 08:38:17 PM »
i'm watching Bloodreign watch anime from outside his window disguised in camo.
so far, first season, many laughs have been had. :rollseyes:

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #209 on: August 20, 2017, 12:43:44 AM »
Watching Keroro Gunsou, a 388 episode anime, have done 2 episodes so far. School Rumble was OK, it dragged near the end, but the ending felt very unsatisfying.

Redrum, I knew I sensed you nearby, get off my lawn!  ;D 

Tags: