Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread  (Read 1055862 times)

Offline MRSKELETON

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2011, 05:47:43 PM »
I don't think your Simon sprites really fit the classic CV walk. You'd be better off giving them a more fluid, and natural walking animation

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2011, 07:12:38 PM »
Looks just like the cover from Simon's quest. Are you going to redo his whip in the same style? You should redo Drac similar to the same style!
What does he look like with blond hair?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 07:14:45 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2011, 07:34:43 PM »
That jumping animation looks like Richter's.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2011, 08:16:39 PM »

SotN Maria Renard Blonde
RoB Young Maria Renard Blonde
CVChronicles Ayami Kojima Simon Belmont Redhead
Akumajo Dracula X68000 Simon Belmont Brown
(the original color I used was Super CV4 Simon Belmont Brown, btw)

EDIT: Whoops, normal size is too small.  Here's 2x size:
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 08:18:19 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2011, 08:51:42 PM »
the adult maria blonde is VERY nice. The silver parts are still too blue for my tastes tho

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2011, 09:28:08 PM »

SotN Maria Renard Blonde
RoB Young Maria Renard Blonde
CVChronicles Ayami Kojima Simon Belmont Redhead
Akumajo Dracula X68000 Simon Belmont Brown
(the original color I used was Super CV4 Simon Belmont Brown, btw)

EDIT: Whoops, normal size is too small.  Here's 2x size:

I actually like your original better, but your blond one matches the Simon's Quest cover pretty well! lol

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2011, 10:09:16 PM »
the adult maria blonde is VERY nice. The silver parts are still too blue for my tastes tho

Well the beauty of it is, you can edit those colors (at least the three brightest blues) with your own palette.  Why don't you try it out?
I'm interested in seeing other palettes.  I've tested out quite a few that look quite nice.
You can edit the gold set to turn it into a silver-lined armor, you can definitely color the red set (two colors) to get stuff like CV1's armor or CV4's armor.

1. cv2 boxart armor
2. cv4 Simon Belmont armor (did not do the greaves)
3. Akumajo Dracula (JPN) Blue Armor colors (using Richter's blues)
4. Akumajo Dracula X68000 "Classic" Armor colors
5. Ayami Kojima Leather-Armor Simon
6. Vampire Killer MSX RedArmor Simon
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline MRSKELETON

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2011, 04:08:44 PM »
you should really go for a different walk animation; right now it feels like he's got an 8bit castlevania movement inspired animation, and it's really stiff and feels kind of lifeless. personall; i would go for something composed more like SC4's. it was essentially the 'same' but there was more life, and power to it.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2011, 01:24:25 AM »
I'll actually disagree with you there. Just the fact that he lifts his feet instead of sliding along is vastly superior to the NES animations.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2011, 06:47:05 AM »
Well, with Simon's pose with his arms down, he'd look like he'd have more of a DXC Richter walk, or may LoI Leon/CoD Hector/Trevor/Isaac. But with the pose with his arms up, the classic Belmont walk works fine.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2011, 09:28:46 AM »
With the arms up higher, it's more classic (as Claimh Solais says), that's really more the reason I'm doing it that way.  It would be, after all, a remake of a classic title.  If I ever did Leon Belmont 15-color sprites, I might animate him far differently.

Also, I'm working on stair animations but they're not fully baked yet.  Hopefully over the weekend they'll look nice.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2011, 09:37:34 AM »
@Jorge
Ever see Vedora-Kingdom's Leon sprites? Those are pretty nice, other than a few stiff movements and problems with how thin he gets occasionally.

There's a link to his sprites. I think he used the Dungeon banner Leon sprite as a reference and worked off of it, but yeah.
http://a.imageshack.us/img827/6500/0xcdleontest.png
And if anyone's wondering, Vedora says anyone may use his sprites as they please. They may also edit and everything and stuff. Says so on his Kingdom of Vlahado website.

And that is how Simon would walk in the arms-down pose. (:

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2011, 12:15:01 PM »
Those are quite nice!
BTW, any sprites in this forum's banner are either official, or I made them (except for Nathan, which belongs to a sprite artist named "Camus").  I made Leon, Pumpkin, Gabriel, Kid Dracula, Aeon, Grant, and others.

And also BTW, here are rudimentary stair sprites for CV2 Simon.  I did not care too much about the step placement because if they were to be used in a game, they'd never be on-step with the stairs anyway (Belmonts like to skip steps when they go up and down the stairs, it seems).

I'm aware that the stairs are hiding some of the feet.  My animation program is stupid.
But rest assured, when the entire thing is completed, I'll upload the spritesheet.

You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2011, 01:12:50 PM »
Jorge should make a Laura sprite for the banner, since she technically is a playable character...

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2011, 01:34:56 PM »
BTW, any sprites in this forum's banner are either official, or I made them (except for Nathan, which belongs to a sprite artist named "Camus").  I made Leon, Pumpkin, Gabriel, Kid Dracula, Aeon, Grant, and others.

Huh. No wonder a lot of them are pretty darn good. I like Camus's Nathan. The quality of it is actually better than Cyberdragon10k's. Of course, a few of the banner sprites though look a little odd.

Sonia's legs look a bit misshapen.
Grant's pose looks pretty uncomfortable.
Cornell's upper body looks misproportionate to his lower body.
Reinhardt just looks... odd.

That's all I really think look odd. Other sprites, such as Gabriel and Desmond look really cool. And then Aeon looks amazing. :D You ever think about doing full sprite sheets of them one day?