Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1843447 times)

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #5400 on: March 16, 2013, 04:38:52 PM »
Lelygax, you heard the Radio Drama with subtitles?
I'd very much like to hear it!
Can you give me a link or something, please?
Thanks! :)
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #5401 on: March 16, 2013, 05:22:45 PM »
In spanish? I've seen it in spanish, I will try to find a english one after:

Forget it, I've found in english too (I've heard with english subtitles too, but at the time its kinda hard to find), Im in hurry right  now, when I return I will post the rest here to complete my post.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #5402 on: March 16, 2013, 06:16:19 PM »
Thank you so much!
I will listen to them all right now! :)
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5403 on: March 16, 2013, 10:47:06 PM »
That was translated by danceofgold, a fellow dungeonite.
http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php/topic,3188.0.html

Oh by the way, does anyone have a copy of the radio conversations of the voice actors regarding Castlevania?
I am looking for the complete version.

Offline GigaDan

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #5404 on: March 17, 2013, 03:52:00 AM »
+3
This contains just about every criticism I have of the game.

GigaBoots Review of Mirror of Fate
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 03:54:24 AM by GigaDan »

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #5405 on: March 17, 2013, 05:32:44 AM »
Oh wow, WOLF DOORS is a serious thing. Also that review's ending is great.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #5406 on: March 17, 2013, 05:34:20 AM »
+1
And of course corneliab, to no one's surprise, whines in the comments.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5407 on: March 17, 2013, 05:53:20 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er5EsaNS09s

Also, why they didn't made a sound mode, upon game completion? :(
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 05:58:45 AM by Dark Nemesis »
Ruler of Chaos

Offline GigaDan

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #5408 on: March 17, 2013, 06:06:28 AM »
Oh wow, WOLF DOORS is a serious thing. Also that review's ending is great.
Wolf doors (just the concept) had me laughing for hours so I figured it had to be in the review. I that's how werewolves keep themselves safe from humans (because on werewolves can open them) but why does Dracula have them in his castle???

A sound mode would've really been nice. It was a pain trying to get music for the review and then we had to ditch it because the only music we found made it sound too depressing and super serious. That and the audio gradually gets louder and louder as every song approaches the end at which point it fades out sharply and loops. Made audio balance a nightmare. It's the only time I've seen VG music do that. Totally strange.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5409 on: March 17, 2013, 06:21:28 AM »
I'm still laughing at Simon the Cave Monkey!

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5410 on: March 17, 2013, 09:02:26 AM »
I'll have to watch that review when I get home lol.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5411 on: March 17, 2013, 09:35:36 AM »
This contains just about every criticism I have of the game.

GigaBoots Review of Mirror of Fate

That about sums it up quite nicely.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #5412 on: March 17, 2013, 10:34:23 AM »
I am... sadly, thinking of trading this in.
As a fan I won't, but I am seriously considering.
I am past the 4-hour mark and the game is a SNOREFEST.

Music:  BORING.  It's particularly disappointing that I reach an area like "Toy Maker's FunHouse" and "Deadly Waterfalls" and am hearing NOTHING that makes me want to care about even having the volume on.

Graphics:  GOOD but dark.  However, the graphics' framerate is revealed to be really bad when the brightness level is up.  Sometimes I choose not to run, but rather just walk, so I can see the "Belmont Walk" in action and so that I don't notice the framerate issues.  Even with 3D OFF it's not silky.  Disappointing since other titles for the 3DS (Kid Icarus) run better while looking better and showing more.

Gameplay: BORING.  Using the whip to platform around is boring, and fighting enemies is just L+YYYY or L+XXXXX, with some L+(YB)+YYYYY thrown in for good measure.

Plot:  The cutscenes are the only reason I'm still playing the game, and, as we predicted a while back, they clash with the regular game's style.  Why didn't they just use the in-game style as the default is beyond me.  Also, why are there no default ON subtitles!?!?!?! ARGhfhfasdfajlkj;.

This game is a 6.5-7/10 from this fan, and that's only because
1. I'm a fan
2. the graphics are ok.

Game feels like one of those PSP games that were developed just to cash in on the PSP.  Sooooo '9 years ago'.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 10:53:20 AM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #5413 on: March 17, 2013, 11:17:23 AM »
I'm a LoS fan. And even I think they kinda dropped the ball on MoF. Plot is fine, (backwards gimmick was unnecessary though) everything else though, has issues.

Although I like some of the tracks it has, it somehow accomplishes the amazing feat of having even LESS music than LoS did. Now THAT'S amazing. It appears like the LoS combat hasn't carried over too well to 2D, since there is a lack of variety with combos, and it just becomes a game of smack smack smack - roll backwards to avoid a hit LoS was fine combat wise, but it really doesn't work on a 2D plane.

At least it has a more dark and Gothic atmosphere than LoS. But I hope LoS2 doesn't have just 2 tracks. >:|

I'm fine with atmospheric music. And I liked LoS soundtrack. When you have a variety of it for different situations. MoF does not.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #5414 on: March 17, 2013, 12:06:25 PM »
+3
Here's what I hear:

-generic music with strings
-battle music.

Now that I'm in the 2nd Act I get:
-music that's about to blow out my 3DS speakers (n00b mixing mistake, c'mon Araujo, this is basic mixing 101) yet it still manages to sound generic and boring.
-battle music
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags: .....? 

anything