Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1836831 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #5445 on: March 17, 2013, 08:07:25 PM »
Do not be an super alpha omega subterranean albino buttnoid.
+1 just for that
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #5446 on: March 17, 2013, 08:09:38 PM »
+1 just for that

Ty it's very quote worthy  ;D

Last I remember, in OoE, my attacks had Y, R(switch), X(other hand), A(charge attack), plus combinations of UP and DOWN.  And I can stop my combos at any time 'cuz they weren't combos at all, and jump and dodge as I please.  And I can activate an ability with L (I think) like Volaticus, etc. and add to the combination of things to do.

If you played OoE just mashing Y and X, either you're lying by dumbing down the actions for dramatic effect, or you don't know how to play.

In Mirror of Fate, the characters cannot crouch and use A for the SubWeapon.  You're also stuck in your combo because the combos are forced.  If you started the combo and the enemy started attacking, well tough cookies you're about to take a hit and that's the bottom line.
Pound for Pound you're far more limited to what you can do.

My OOE does not play on my 3ds so I really cannot remember but I do remember that one shadow boss, blackmore, you cannot button mash that guy.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 08:12:25 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5447 on: March 17, 2013, 08:13:30 PM »
I think you all need to calm down.

But especially Maedhros and e105beta.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #5448 on: March 17, 2013, 08:15:08 PM »

I'm calm  :) did I come of abit odd or something  :(
(click to show/hide)

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #5449 on: March 17, 2013, 08:19:18 PM »

Not really nervous at all. I just don't like reading lies being stated as fact.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #5450 on: March 17, 2013, 08:21:09 PM »
+1
This thread is riddled with opinion.
If there is someone claiming something as 'fact' you can just look at them funny.

Unless it really is a fact.  Like "The sky on Earth is blue" or something.

You should be nervous... if I'm telling you to calm down. ;P
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5451 on: March 17, 2013, 08:23:21 PM »
If there is someone claiming something as 'fact' you can just look at them funny.

Well you are the big cheese around here.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #5452 on: March 17, 2013, 08:26:05 PM »

I'm really sorry... I didn't know you knew more than myself when I'm nervous or not...  :P  :-X

Also, I don't really think saying that "OoE is a button mashing game" can be seen as oppinion, not fact.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 08:28:07 PM by Maedhros »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5453 on: March 17, 2013, 08:33:35 PM »
Well I do have the power to silence you if you behave like an ass...
...so if I'm telling you to calm down, that's my way of saying you're close to getting a warning, which leads to a ban, which leads to you not posting here anymore.

Now perhaps you don't care, which is just fine and you can continue your behavior.  It can also be argued that it's not something to get nervous about.  After all, this is just one little forum on the corner of the internet.  Plenty more around.

Perhaps you misunderstood me.  I did not mean to say that I can foretell when you as a person should feel nervous.
I'm saying that if I'm telling you to calm down, you probably might want to.

I'm done talking about this.  I hope you understand.

-----

Regarding OoE, I demonstrated many ways in which it isn't a button-mashing game in an earlier post.
It's certainly LESS of a button-mashing game compared to Mirror of Fate.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #5454 on: March 17, 2013, 09:01:41 PM »
+1
So does anybody think there's room for DLC in this game? Not like "Boss Rush/Sound Test" lame DLC (though a Boss Rush would be nice), but like actual content DLC.

Now I know some of you can't wait for LoS to go away, but... I mean, the series is going to span 900-1000 years in only 3 games, another 3DS side-scroller is probably not part of the plan, and I can't help but think that there's definitely room for more Belmont tales between 1046 and 2012.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5455 on: March 17, 2013, 09:10:00 PM »
So does anybody think there's room for DLC in this game? Not like "Boss Rush/Sound Test" lame DLC (though a Boss Rush would be nice), but like actual content DLC.

Now I know some of you can't wait for LoS to go away, but... I mean, the series is going to span 900-1000 years in only 3 games, another 3DS side-scroller is probably not part of the plan, and I can't help but think that there's definitely room for more Belmont tales between 1046 and 2012.

I don't know if they will do DLC. But it personally doubt it, since all of MS is focused on getting LOS2 done.

Hmmm... If I were to believe the words of Cox, the series will stay as a trilogy. They might incorporate time skip elements similar to MoF in order to speed up the timeline.
Unless Konami decides to take another risk giving MS another handheld port.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5456 on: March 17, 2013, 09:18:30 PM »
I doubt this game will see any DLC at all, since it bombed.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #5457 on: March 17, 2013, 09:19:21 PM »
+1
I doubt this game will see any DLC at all, since it bombed.

Source? I've actually been quite curious about MoF's sales numbers.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5458 on: March 17, 2013, 09:26:53 PM »
Source? I've actually been quite curious about MoF's sales numbers.
We don't have actual numbers. It just didn't show up on any of the official numbers charts.

On NPD, the 9th position (Sly 4) sold around 117k. LoS didn't even showed up.
On the Euro/PAL charts, at the week of launch, it only showed up in one country chart, at the 39th position (NE).

We don't really know official numbers, this means bomba usually. But the game could have been profitable, since it's even lower budget than the Metroidvania games.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 09:34:17 PM by Maedhros »

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5459 on: March 17, 2013, 09:31:22 PM »
+1
We don't have actual numbers. It just didn't show up on any of the official numbers charts.

On NPD, the 9th position (Sly 4) sold around 117k. LoS didn't even showed up.
On the Euro charts, at the week of launch, it only showed up in one country chart, at the 9th position.

We don't really know official numbers, this means bomba usually. But the game could have been profitable, since it's even lower budget than the Metroidvania games.

Maybe it was the 10th position, lol.

Well, even if it doesn't do well, I hope they publish the numbers soonish.

Tags: .....? 

anything