Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1840922 times)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #5520 on: March 23, 2013, 01:25:07 PM »
They only laugh to me for say its the best portatil castlevania, i can leave if they don't want to ignore me because i must be from Spain.
Can we just burn it with freakin fire already >:(?

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5521 on: March 23, 2013, 01:47:17 PM »

He has already been warned, if he keeps up with the severe troll'like attitude I'm sure he won't last long.

It pretty darn blatant judging by his comments that he is just here to bash IGA and his fans.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #5522 on: March 23, 2013, 03:22:15 PM »
He has already been warned, if he keeps up with the severe troll'like attitude I'm sure he won't last long.

Trolls dont act like that, they have better tactics than this to doesnt even receive a warning. Also someone needs to be laughing of the joke and I dont believe that even he is doing that. Maybe he just had a bad day and decided to join at the wrong time?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #5523 on: March 23, 2013, 03:28:00 PM »
Trolls dont act like that, they have better tactics than this to doesnt even receive a warning. Also someone needs to be laughing of the joke and I dont believe that even he is doing that. Maybe he just had a bad day and decided to join at the wrong time?

Sorry but I would have to disagree on the notion that trolls do not act like he does.

He may not be as "clever" or "subtle" as most trollers (which seems to be the group your referring to) but he is trolling none the less.

The definition of a troll is someone who posts are made in a way that deliberately are inflammatory and are aimed at getting a rise out of a certain group of people.

In his case, its towards "IGA fanboys".

Now can you honestly look at his posts (all of them) and tell me that this guy isn't trolling?

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5524 on: March 23, 2013, 03:36:32 PM »
Sincerely? Yes. Call me stupid or anything that you see fit, but it looks like more ignorance than trolling, atleast to me. :P
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #5525 on: March 23, 2013, 03:38:29 PM »

For every problem, burn it with holy fire and it should get the job done  :P

(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #5526 on: March 23, 2013, 03:39:01 PM »
Sincerely? Yes. Call me stupid or anything that you see fit, but it looks like more ignorance than trolling, atleast to me. :P

well I'm certainly not going to call you stupid because you have a different outlook than me.

It just seems that you must have a different view of what trolling is. :-\

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5527 on: March 23, 2013, 03:48:08 PM »
I've come from a forum where trolls manipulated some mods and almost everyone felt this opression. I with the help of some users opened the eyes of some users until they seemed that they are really trolling only to get new users away and treat the others like thrash. Conclusion: A mod finally intervened and banned this person when they FINALLY found proofs that its a fake from another user that has been perma-banned (using proxies).

So yes, my vision between trolling, evil trolling, being ignorant, doing jokes and creating "flames" are quite diferent than other persons. Its a psychological battle that I will never forget. :(

Also calm down, Im not a freak that creates wars in every corner of the internet, but this time simple everyone is unhappy about what is happening. I tried dialogues and tried to understand why this user has doing things like that, it simply didn't answered and continued the bad behaviour and mocking moderators. So since no one tried to do something to restore this place, I did that. After that I've seen everyone happy again I retired myself for some months to relieve the stress, only to return and see almost the same situation again with other users involved. Conclusion: Almost everyone have rage-quit and the quality of this place isn't like before, I dont see intelectual conversations there at the last times that I visited this place.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 03:56:40 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #5528 on: March 23, 2013, 04:04:42 PM »
OMG WHO THE HELL CARES!

Stop derailing this topic, just report the dude to Jorge if you feel like he's posting offending/trolling stuff & let him deal with it.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #5529 on: March 23, 2013, 04:05:57 PM »

Also calm down, Im not a freak that creates wars in every corner of the internet, but this time simple everyone is unhappy about what is happening. I tried dialogues and tried to understand why this user has doing things like that, it simply didn't answered and continued the bad behaviour and mocking moderators. So since no one tried to do something to restore this place, I did that. After that I've seen everyone happy again I retired myself for some months to relieve the stress, only to return and see almost the same situation again with other users involved. Conclusion: Almost everyone have rage-quit and the quality of this place isn't like before, I dont see intelectual conversations there at the last times that I visited this place.

EDIT

Nevermind, this thread has been derailed enough.

And i feel that this conversation would only drag out if I continued.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 04:14:22 PM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5530 on: March 23, 2013, 09:10:43 PM »
OFF-TOPIC POST:
//////////////////////////////////////
If someone is causing trouble, please report the post to a mod or to me.
Do not derail topics.

We're not checking every thread.  Here's the way it works, because apparently people don't know:

1. We log on and browse some topics.  Though we do not browse all topics all the time, we browse some of them.  Then, we look at posts in which repeat offenders have been posting (anyone who may have been reported, anyone recently coming back form a ban, and anyone being 'watched', which is anyone who has warnings to their name).
2. We see our private messages.
3. If there's a private message that's reporting some inappropriate activity, we look into it.
4. If a thread needs to be moved or locked, usually Bloodreign or Ralph will take care of that.
5. If a person is acting up, I usually end up taking care of that, since I've got the big banhammer.
6. I try really hard to reason with that person.  If that person does not comply, they get a warning.  The first warning can be private or public.  The second warning is usually public. After this, they get a ban for a short amount of time (like a week).  Then they are treated like a repeat offender and next time I log on, I specifically look for responses those people are putting up, as in Step 1.
7. If I receive a PM about a repeat offender, then I personally go look at the offending post.  Being a repeat offender, that means they already should be watching what they're saying.  Either that or they don't give a fuck.  If they don't give a fuck, then I time them out for even longer, but still give them a way back after a month or so.  If after a month or so they come back and their behavior hasn't changed, then the first time I get a PM about them, or the first time I browse the threads and I see anything but ANGELIC behavior out of them, they're outta here.

8. (really rare but has happened): I'm a pretty public guy.  My AIM name, my Facebook handle, and my Youtube account are still active.  Banned people can still repent after a while... but if when they contact me they act like assholes, then they're really not scoring any points.  Insulting me, insulting the community, and 'cursing' the community to internet-die ("Your community aleady sick and will consume itself because of its own fanatism, overwhelming nostalgia and stupidity. There will be only 5-6 "yes-man" on the forum", that kind of crap ) isn't gonna convince me to unban them.

Sorry for the long post but long story short: If someone is acting up, TELL THE MODS.
Don't assume we're looking at every thread all the time.  We may not get to an offending post for a week, or even later than that.
Send PM's.  Don't just tell me.  Let Bloodreign or Ralph know.  Send us all PM's.  Then maybe the problem will be taken care of a little faster.

I don't like banning people, and I assume people here have thick enough skin to handle some criticism so I don't expect PM's just 'cuz someone said something you disagreed with.  But if they are violating the rules in the Rules Thread, let us know.

And now, back to the regular "Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)" already in progress.
/////////////////////////////////////////////

I've only gotten to the point in which Alucard has to take care of that lion-headed monstrosity thing, so I don't know much of what happens afterwards... but I find myself having more and more difficulties continuing to play, mainly because of sheer boredom.

I feel that, as a fan, I have to trudge through it though, just to see the game 'til its end and give it a fair assessment.  I just wish it was more exciting to play.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #5531 on: March 23, 2013, 09:54:21 PM »
Just finished Simon's quest for a second time today.  I'm in no hurry, so I beat it on Normal Mode, then before switching to Alucard Mode, beat it on Hard Mode on the other save.  Noticed a couple things I didn't before that way and improved the skills a little bit before continuing on.  As expected, I'm really digging walking through the castle.  I've really got nothing to complain about the game so far and plenty to be satisfied with.  I'm sure there's plenty of ways they could have made it "better", but I'm enjoying this little experiment for what it's worth.  I'm ready to take a stab at Alucard's story now.

Edit:  I guess I might complain a little bit about some things.  The whole "who cares if you die" attitude found throughout the game is a bit of a let down.  Why bother try to do good in the game?  I don't mind starting near a ledge if I miss a stupid jump, but I want there to be some reason I'm trying to conserve my health for.  I feel like I'm playing the game with cheats on.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 10:02:36 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5532 on: March 23, 2013, 11:22:07 PM »
They did this same stupid thing with a Prince of Persia game. Everytime that you fall in a abyss or from great heights your partner brought you back to the same location without any penality.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #5533 on: March 23, 2013, 11:50:41 PM »
They did this same stupid thing with a Prince of Persia game. Everytime that you fall in a abyss or from great heights your partner brought you back to the same location without any penality.

Ahh I remember now the one for the ps360 with the beautiful princess as your partner or something man if there is one thing I can say about that game is that it has color I might play that again TY so much Lelygax  :)

But the no worry about death is a bummer in both games it just makes the game have no tension  :(
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5534 on: March 23, 2013, 11:52:33 PM »
You are welcome.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags: .....? 

anything