Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1821017 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #525 on: May 21, 2012, 11:46:54 PM »
Quite a crazy day, I can't believe all of the stuff we've learned today.

These next two weeks are going to be very long.

Not nearly as long as this thread will be if it keeps going the way it has been. It'll be like the LoS thread... I wonder if this thread will break the record for being the longest..?
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #526 on: May 21, 2012, 11:49:22 PM »
Not nearly as long as this thread will be if it keeps going the way it has been. It'll be like the LoS thread... I wonder if this thread will break the record for being the longest..?
I wonder if my respect gauge will surpass Jorge's before then. Jesus it went up like 30 points today.

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #527 on: May 21, 2012, 11:54:47 PM »
CASTLEVANIAS o_o I SEE THEM COMING..

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #528 on: May 22, 2012, 12:03:54 AM »
Sorry to bring this back again, but I was playing Diablo 3 and the topic moves too fast!
The graphics aren't really that simplified they look the same to me. The framerate/blurry/sound are legit complaints. That's stuff we just have to live with with such a low resolution screen and a handheld system.

It is a bit concerning for sure, but Rayman was made for those big HD consoles, this castlevania game is being specifically made for 3DS so it will prolly run better.

seriously though what is up with the sound on this thing?....Revelations had poor sound quality too....Does the 3ds have a bad sound specs?
The graphics ARE simplified. I don't really see how can you NOT see this. You must be blind. Here:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 12:10:53 AM by Maedhros »

Offline Green Stranger

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #529 on: May 22, 2012, 12:28:14 AM »
There are some good times ahead no doubt. Even the nay sayers are gonna enjoy these additions to the series. Hell I might just celebrate early. Gonna buy some Tecates and Whataburger for a pregame celebration. How are you guys gonna celebrate?

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #530 on: May 22, 2012, 12:29:19 AM »
I'll wait for concrete information before I celebrate.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #531 on: May 22, 2012, 12:48:17 AM »
16 more pages during my sleep? Hopefully, I didn't sleep as long as Alucard did.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #532 on: May 22, 2012, 12:58:29 AM »
Is it realistic that a Castlevania game would be developed for four different systems? Not sure about the Vita but I don't think (although being able to handle a lot apperently) it could run a game of PS3/Xbox360 proportions.   

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #533 on: May 22, 2012, 01:03:03 AM »
Is it realistic that a Castlevania game would be developed for four different systems? Not sure about the Vita but I don't think (although being able to handle a lot apperently) it could run a game of PS3/Xbox360 proportions.

It's okay. The Kojima seal of approval will likely return, effectively lowering the floodgates for Konami dollars to overflow. (Not that I'm complaining; Castlevania could be Mega Man, for example.)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #534 on: May 22, 2012, 01:04:51 AM »
It's okay. The Kojima seal of approval will likely return, effectively lowering the floodgates for Konami dollars to overflow. (Not that I'm complaining; Castlevania could be Mega Man, for example.)

;_;
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #535 on: May 22, 2012, 01:11:28 AM »
;_;
I know that feel bro.

Back on topic, I'm very interested to see what the ratio of Classicvania to Metroidvania the game will turn out to be. Hopefully it veers towards the former.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #536 on: May 22, 2012, 01:46:59 AM »
I know that feel bro.

Back on topic, I'm very interested to see what the ratio of Classicvania to Metroidvania the game will turn out to be. Hopefully it veers towards the former.

Agreed. I think a good mix would be keeping the room and enemy layout Classicvania, while adding a giant explorable castle/castle grounds a la Metroidvania. Like Trine with a castle.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #537 on: May 22, 2012, 02:07:07 AM »
MoF could be the CV surprise (almost) everyone is looking for.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #538 on: May 22, 2012, 04:07:30 AM »
To many pages to read, i don't know what to say, i'll just have to wait and see what this game is all about, before i make any comment.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 04:20:03 AM by Dark Nemesis »
Ruler of Chaos

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #539 on: May 22, 2012, 04:39:34 AM »
+1
I love how passionate everyone is again! Some of the recent threads made me question if there was any love left for Castlevania, but now it feels like we're fans again, hoping for awesome things for the next games, regardless of what our opinions on LoS were. :D. I can't wait for some screenshots. If E3 has trailers for BOTH these games, I'm probably gonna pee myself. But in a good way.

Tags: .....? 

anything