Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1835442 times)

Offline Superhunter

• The last son of CV
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #5580 on: April 14, 2013, 11:03:45 AM »
What do you guys think the odds are of LoS 2 pulling an Evil Dead 2 on us and pretty much remaking Mirror of Fate in the first chunk of the game? I'd be pretty surprised if they limited a character like Simon to a 3DS exclusive and maybe a cameo in the big system sequal.
By remake I mean a condensed version, maybe even through cutscenes, although I really really wanna play a high-res Simon. Of theirs also Alucard, and while I wouldn't put it past MS to introduce his character without the context provided by MoF, I really hope they dont. So we might also see a hi-res Trevor, in cutscene form or playable.
I'm pretty sure this is appropriate for this thread, sorry if i should have posted in the LoS 2 thread.

Offline Skycaptain Steampunk

• Hunter in Training
  • "Eu sunt Dracul!"
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #5581 on: April 14, 2013, 10:19:00 PM »
The story of mirror of fate is the perfect now, is no need for put new story of the lords of shadows 2, mirror of fate story ended perfect, every thing closed perfect, now cox is writing sure will esplendid new story for lords of shadows 2.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #5582 on: April 14, 2013, 10:54:19 PM »
You are just the worst kind of fan. MoF is NOT perfect. It's main flaw- is trying to be a console game scaled down to a handheld game. It should have been either one, or the other.

Secondly, The reverse order of the Story doesn't really work as well as it could have. They could have worked the "SPOILERZ: TREVOR IS ALUCARD" plot point in without having to tell the story backwards. Simple.

Put Trevor's story first. The ending remains the same, EXCEPT we are not shown the name on his tomb. Next comes Simon's story. THEN, comes Alucard's story, which plays just like it normally does, but at the end, the game shows you the truth or something.

I don't know, but putting the reveal of Dracul naming the tomb Alucard due to not knowing his son's name, could have been worked in much better while retaining a more cohesive plotline. I mean, I will admit, I liked how Dracula Entombing Trevor came out- it was a really well done scene. But I would gladly sacrifice it for the stories being player in proper order, with the reveal done differently.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5583 on: April 15, 2013, 01:56:48 AM »
You are just the worst kind of fan. MoF is NOT perfect. It's main flaw- is trying to be a console game scaled down to a handheld game. It should have been either one, or the other.

Secondly, The reverse order of the Story doesn't really work as well as it could have. They could have worked the "SPOILERZ: TREVOR IS ALUCARD" plot point in without having to tell the story backwards. Simple.

Put Trevor's story first. The ending remains the same, EXCEPT we are not shown the name on his tomb. Next comes Simon's story. THEN, comes Alucard's story, which plays just like it normally does, but at the end, the game shows you the truth or something.

I don't know, but putting the reveal of Dracul naming the tomb Alucard due to not knowing his son's name, could have been worked in much better while retaining a more cohesive plotline. I mean, I will admit, I liked how Dracula Entombing Trevor came out- it was a really well done scene. But I would gladly sacrifice it for the stories being player in proper order, with the reveal done differently.

This I agree.
But really, Cox and co. should have just kept silent and not tell us about Alucard.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #5584 on: April 15, 2013, 04:22:40 AM »
But really, Cox and co. should have just kept silent and not tell us about Alucard.
Was it the marketing division or someone else who got greedy and went ahead?
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #5585 on: April 15, 2013, 10:43:06 AM »
FINALLY

Castlevania Lords of Shadow ~ Mirror of Fate (Soundtrack): Dracula's Battle / Theme
Hmm... not bad. I feel it's pretty disconnected, though. The ending part have the same music that plays at Satan, I guess. It's the best part of that song too.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5586 on: April 15, 2013, 11:03:51 AM »
During that song I kept thinking, they could have EASILY snuck in a motif of Illusionary Dance during the intro.

Still like it tho.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #5587 on: April 15, 2013, 11:17:57 AM »
"If I were to be reincarnated, I'd wanna be Trevor again."

what does this mean¿

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5588 on: April 15, 2013, 03:06:06 PM »
It's a Brave Fencer Musashi reference. Those who played it (and got a game over) should get it.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #5589 on: April 15, 2013, 04:56:40 PM »
i've Played and beaten BFM, but I don't recall that quote or who Trevor is¿
you must elaborate o.o;

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #5590 on: April 15, 2013, 05:38:49 PM »
I remember vaguely, but he changed Musashi to Trevor in this quote.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #5591 on: April 15, 2013, 06:53:55 PM »
Dracula's theme sounds more suited for a short cutscene than a battle, unless they're trying to make the battle harder by lulling me to sleep.

Edit: WTF? Dude ripped off Danny Elfman's "Batman" theme at 3:30 or so! Boring ass song and then blatant ripoff. Ugh. Give me back my "Black Night"!

Castlevania The Arcade OST: Black Night ~LAST BOSS#2~
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 06:58:58 PM by TheouAegis »
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #5592 on: April 15, 2013, 07:05:03 PM »
Dracula's theme sounds more suited for a short cutscene than a battle, unless they're trying to make the battle harder by lulling me to sleep.

Edit: WTF? Dude ripped off Danny Elfman's "Batman" theme at 3:30 or so! Boring ass song and then blatant ripoff. Ugh. Give me back my "Black Night"!

Castlevania The Arcade OST: Black Night ~LAST BOSS#2~
It's the same progression but lacks the tonal relief. Not enough evidence to call it a "ripoff".
I think this is actually a pretty good theme. A cut above most Araujo's non-melodic themes.

Why is left alucard so much mre handsome than right alucard?

Everything comes full circle

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #5593 on: April 15, 2013, 07:11:25 PM »
Aegis, it has some elements of Elfman's Batman, but that's about it. The melody isn't really the same.

Ugh, and it doesn't even feature the *good* part of "Final Confrontation", which would be the end where you hear the chord that has that familial tone of "Beginning". The build up with this new one is too long and too drawn out, and not even a respectable finish that makes it worth it at all.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #5594 on: April 17, 2013, 12:57:02 AM »
I can't spot the similarity with Danny Elfman's cue. At what point is it?
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Tags: .....?