Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1835740 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #5625 on: April 19, 2013, 09:31:16 AM »
If they were smart, they would remake the game for PS3/360/PC taking all the criticism to heart and doing oe more level or two, as a form of "apology". The game is already done, the engine is already done, the assets are HD already, and the list of failures is easy, easy to do.
They aren't smart though.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #5626 on: April 19, 2013, 03:21:36 PM »
That is exactly what I'm concerned about. No more handhelds I can live with, but no more 2D gameplay games is something that worries me to death. My heart shudders to think of the possibility. The fear is cemented in that I cannot shake the fear that Konami will just blindly determine that the only reason MoF failed is that it is 2D gameplay and not 3D.
My fears also...
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #5628 on: April 19, 2013, 03:44:45 PM »
Not even surprised the game tanked.

2D Castlevania, is Castlevania. Getting rid of it would be killing the entire franchise. As much as I liked MoF, I sure as shit won't be a fan anymore if LoS becomes the norm completely.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #5629 on: April 19, 2013, 03:51:47 PM »
If they were smart, they would remake the game for PS3/360/PC taking all the criticism to heart and doing oe more level or two, as a form of "apology". The game is already done, the engine is already done, the assets are HD already, and the list of failures is easy, easy to do.
They aren't smart though.
They wouldn't. They had a chance to address EVERYTHING bad with LoS and use MoF as a means to remedy it while presenting it as a "semi-glimpse" of "things to come" for LoS2. Well, I still think it's a glimpse of "things to come", but not all the negative aspects of LoS were addressed.

That being said, I do also agree with you. That seems to be how developers think nowadays. If something's not selling well, it's because of the GOOD aspects of the game, not the BAD aspects of the game. It's just, man, depressing. Depressing that anybody can actually THINK this type of conduct is "good" or "beneficial".

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #5630 on: April 19, 2013, 03:56:01 PM »
I sure as shit won't be a fan anymore if LoS becomes the norm completely.
Nor will I.
Though I'll always be a super fan of the previous 25 years.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #5631 on: April 19, 2013, 07:02:37 PM »
Pretty sure it won't.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5632 on: April 19, 2013, 07:31:55 PM »
Yes, I don't think so, either.
I believe that even the most avid LoS fans want to see some new classic games into the market.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #5633 on: April 19, 2013, 07:59:24 PM »
I'll be a fan if the LoS series gets out of Mercury.
But I don't want the old cannon to end :( I would even want a game playing against Dino Dracula if we ran out of ages, I just like the charm of the classical tale and its spirit.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5634 on: April 19, 2013, 08:17:07 PM »
It's OK to like LoS if it continues as another franchise, MoF proved it to me. It has potential to be its own thing.
I just want the old canon to return, with its looks and music.
How I miss the old days...

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #5635 on: April 19, 2013, 11:04:31 PM »
Personally, I feel it's a combination of problems. One, the 3DS is still relatively new
Null point, it already has tons and tons of million sellers and have sold 8m, which is better than DS at the same time frame.

The cold truth: LoS: MoF bombed because it's simply not that good and the marketing was really bad.

Also: Even if a new 2D game is made for 3DS, you can be sure as hell that it'll be 2.5D instead of 2D using sprites, that's for sure. It seems to be the new thing for every freaking game on 3DS.

That's why I hope for consoles (PSN/XBLA), Steam or Vita.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 11:09:00 PM by Maedhros »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #5636 on: April 19, 2013, 11:51:27 PM »
Well, doesnt hurt to cover all bases. I always remember Mega Man Maverick Hunter X bombed because the PSP was not as widespread in Japan at the time.

I for one, don't have a 3DS because there's just nothing on it that interests me atm. The PS4 has more things that interest me right now, than the 3DS. Give me a Metroid or Mega Man game, and then we can talk. MoF didn't seem worth rushing out to get the system.

I suppose that's another thing I wonder. How many of the CV fanbase have 3DS's?
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5637 on: April 20, 2013, 02:31:24 AM »
I suppose that's another thing I wonder. How many of the CV fanbase have 3DS's?

I think only a few have that handheld.

It's OK to like LoS if it continues as another franchise, MoF proved it to me. It has potential to be its own thing.
I just want the old canon to return, with its looks and music.
How I miss the old days...

Me too... I just hope MS doesn't kill the franchise.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5638 on: April 20, 2013, 02:44:07 AM »
I have one, but it wasn't because of Mirror of Fate that I bought it. Fire Emblem was the main reason. Then, already having the console, I bought MoF, but the best game so far is still Fire Emblem (that I'm still playing, alternating with other games).

Of course Megaman and Metroid change the map of every console to me!
I'm wishing for a WiiU sequel to Metroid: Other M (that's the console I still don't own and I'm waiting for some big game to appear... maybe it will be Bayonetta 2 the one that makes me go get the WiiU).

It's the same thing with Vita, I bought it with Gravity Rush, and now I'm just waiting for a CV to appear, if we ever get one for Vita.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #5639 on: April 20, 2013, 08:16:45 AM »
Also: Even if a new 2D game is made for 3DS, you can be sure as hell that it'll be 2.5D instead of 2D using sprites, that's for sure. It seems to be the new thing for every freaking game on 3DS.

Project X Zone use sprites for characters and its a recent game for 3DS.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags: .....?