Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1821236 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #5730 on: June 14, 2013, 06:28:00 PM »
Wow there's a face I haven't seen in a long while.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Blue Cheese

• SO DAMNED GOOD
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5731 on: June 14, 2013, 06:38:40 PM »
Seriously. It's been so long I was surprised to see ol Marty Stu in my sig. I was like "oh yeah...that."
But yeah I totally lost interest in CV after OoE, and I have yet to play LoS. I just watched all the MoF cutscenes on yootoob and was kinda blown away at just how extensive the overhaul to the franchise was.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #5732 on: June 14, 2013, 07:10:14 PM »
Oh man it's beena  long time!

Everything comes full circle

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5733 on: June 14, 2013, 07:48:30 PM »
Anybody else glad to see the Kojima designs gone?
Simon looks like a man again!...and Scottish...and wearing something even more Japanese looking than when a Japanese person designed him...
Honestly it looks like Getsu Fuuma (or maybe Gesshi Hanafuuma) loaned Simon some demon hunting pants.
I'm slow poking like a mug here, I know, but OoE was blah and I just fell TOTALLY out of the CV loop after that.

Downvoting not because I have a problem with you, but because I simply disagree.

Kojima's designs was awesome to me.

Sure there where some hit and misses here and there, but over all I really liked the character artwork.

But hey, to each their own.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #5734 on: June 14, 2013, 08:32:37 PM »
+1
I'm not glad that Kojima designs are gone.
But MS designs are the best that MS provided so far (in terms of male leads, because I don't like their women, and I really dislike their enemy designs).
Anyway, I'd really love to have Kojima back, but more than that I would like Michiru Yamane to be back.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #5735 on: June 14, 2013, 09:00:12 PM »
I want the guy(s) that did the CV1 and CV3 manuals back.  :-X
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #5736 on: June 14, 2013, 10:13:49 PM »
Kojima doesn't hold a candle in variety and sense of character to Jose luis marquez.

Everything comes full circle

Offline chainsawmidget

• that guy
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #5737 on: June 14, 2013, 10:22:13 PM »
Anybody else glad to see the Kojima designs gone?
Me!  Me! me!  I am! 

Alot of the designs still have too much of a Japanese-overdesigned-zing to them, but it's still a step up. 

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5738 on: June 14, 2013, 10:34:36 PM »
+1
Zobek needs a battle at some point. We got ripped off in LoS1 on that.

I also felt ripped off for not fighting Baba Yaga.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #5739 on: June 14, 2013, 10:38:14 PM »
I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm "glad" she's gone; the work she did for Harmony of Despair was quite nice. Her manga work is also well-drawn (The SotN prologue, did anyone actually hate that artwork? I don't think so). However, I like the fact that there's a variety of artists working on Castlevania, if we had Kojima for every game then I would be sick of it. But she hasn't, there's been Masaki for OoE who I'd love to see return, the art for CotM was nice & appropriate (especially the box-art), even the art for Akumajo Dracula The Arcade was cool. And I'm on record saying the artist(s) for the LoS series are excellent as well.

If anyone has bought her artbook Santa Lilio Sangre, then you'd realize that she's more than capable of drawing a wide range of styles; not all her men are "girly-looking," a common criticism I see from most people. I wish she would have done the art for The Belmont Legacy comics, as I'm not really a fan of that artstyle, it's too "generic." But yeah, even though she's on a hiatus from the series, I'd love to see her designs for a future game, perhaps the 1999 game, or even a game based on Bram Stoker's Dracula should they ever make one (her Victorian designs would work perfectly for the setting, imo)

Offline Blue Cheese

• SO DAMNED GOOD
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5740 on: June 14, 2013, 11:04:50 PM »
Downvoting
There's a downvote system in place now?
Also..where's the Gamespy logo!?
I keed I keed

Simon having a beard is a MAJOR plus for me since that's something, and I have no idea why, that I always felt Simon needed. I'd rather him be in a full armor rather than the crazy Japanese demon belly mask, polar bear fur ensemble he's rocking now, and I'm not sure why red hair is the default for him since Chronicles but he's got a beard dammit!
Better than Lady Gaga the Cimmerian from Chronicles though.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #5741 on: June 14, 2013, 11:09:39 PM »
I don't think I've ever met you. Nice to meet you.

Red hair in chronicles was like a "Huh... this looks different" thing and it stuck cuz it made him stand out.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #5742 on: June 15, 2013, 01:29:32 AM »
+1
Not saying that Kojima is perfect but I rather have her artwork than the uninspired genericness that is Lords of Shadow's character designs.

Well, MoF's designs were an improvement over the horribly dull designs from the first game, and at least Alucard looks neat.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 01:36:17 AM by Nagumo »

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5743 on: June 15, 2013, 02:13:27 AM »
Just to add in my 2 cents, I like Kojima's designs and yes I've seen some scanned artworks from her artbook and it made me like her art even more. At least her colored artworks are painted by hand which is rare to see nowadays where everything is digital. Maybe I prefer romantic manga illustrations.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5744 on: June 15, 2013, 03:53:56 AM »
Well, MoF's designs were an improvement over the horribly dull designs from the first game, and at least Alucard looks neat.
dont you mean simon you heathen

i own the kojima artbook. she has a bunch of nice gore. she even made lord of the rings fan art. she would have been perfect for lords just for that.

Tags: .....?