Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Morgan Freeman tells it like it is  (Read 6423 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« on: February 02, 2012, 05:57:53 PM »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 07:34:19 PM »
Well, he does have a point. There is no "white history month" or "Jewish history month".

The only reason Black history month exists, and if I remember, it's a U.S. thing only- or at least the U.S. started it, was as a "we are sorry for being dicks to black people, here have a month in your honor to make up for it"

The best way to honor them? simply honor them like any other person. Based on their merits, not just on their race or because people with that skin tone had it tough.

We already honor people like MLK Jr, and Rosa Parks, and all of those people you hear about during Black History month- OUTSIDE of that month. Why? because they were either inventors, (George Washington Carver is almost synonymous with peanut Butter in the US, and found tons of other uses for Peanuts as well,) Civil Rights activists, (a topic which pertains to many nations across the globe, not just to one particular movement in the US) or other things.

When MLK said he dreamed of a future where people were judged by the content of their character, not by their skin color, im pretty sure he didn't have in mind a month where black people were celebrated just for well, being black people. A month where any black person who's done something and been somebody would be celebrated. Nah. he imagined them being celebrated, sure, but not relegated to a single month for an entire group of peoples. To be celebrated independently of some arbitrary set time frame.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 09:39:48 PM »
I agree with Morgan Freeman. Just simply know a person as a person. Simple, logical and true.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 10:43:52 PM »
Well, Morgan Freeman is god, after all. He knows better.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 07:07:07 AM »

I see what you did there.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 09:02:37 AM »
Quoted for great justice.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 10:26:18 AM »
It's not equal rights if someone has something more than the other. The civil rights movement was all about having equal rights among all. Now, like most rights movements, it's all about having as much rights for a group as possible, without fair treatment for the other side(s).

Having a Black History Month is racist. It's an idea that uses race to separate and categorize something away from other races. That is RACIST.

If blacks want equal rights, they have to give up the additional rights and allowances that gained over other races, while pulling for equal standing on all existing normal rights. As it stands, they do enjoy and utilize additional liberties; social and political, that other races do not have. That's not equal.

NO ONE should get a history month. The end.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 10:59:49 AM »
Rename it Civil Rights Month.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 11:46:34 AM »
BEING JEWISH IS NOT A NATIONALITY, IT'S A FUCKING RELIGION YOU IMBECILES
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 12:21:43 PM »

We didn't say it was. but Jews, as a group of peoples, had a pretty rough time too. The point is, they dont have a "Jewish History month" if anything, blame the guy for saying it as a response to "White History month".

Man, the uncomfortable in that interview is staggering.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 02:00:07 PM »

Try saying it to 6 million Jews in Israel. You won't gain a lot of lovin', I assure you.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2012, 05:22:51 PM »
Try saying it to 6 million Jews in Israel. You won't gain a lot of lovin', I assure you.

I can care less about the love. I could go tomorrow and convert and my nationality suddenly won't change from Italian to Jewish. That's idiotic.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2012, 11:09:40 PM »
I can care less about the love. I could go tomorrow and convert and my nationality suddenly won't change from Italian to Jewish. That's idiotic.

*sigh*
Damn you, Rugal, it's not as simple as that!
Jews are a one-nation religion, like the Druze for instance. Throughout history, no nation has ever converted to the Jewish faith other than the ancient Hebrews. (actually, there was one, the Khazars, but they were exterminated in the 11th century).
So you'd say, what the hell, what's wrong with you Israelis? Do you actually believe that a Polish Jew is a member of the same nation as a Jew from Morocco or a black Jew from Ethiopia? Yes, we do. Because the Jewish history supports that. 

The whole reason that conversation to Judaism is so difficult (you can read about the process. when compared to conversation to Christianity or Islam, it's friggin' difficult) is because when you convert to Judaism it's not considered as you switching your religion. It's considered as you being ACCEPTED into the Jewish NATION.  You may consider it idiotic, but that's how the Jews roll.
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2012, 04:43:57 AM »

As much as I agree... Jewish is technically a nationality... because of Israel. It's dumb as shit when people go "oh I'm half black and half jewish" Those people are dumb fucks.

And thank god for Morgan Freeman, I've always felt that way about "Black History" month... and race in general.  If you stop talking about it, that's when it'll REALLY go away. Though I'm sure he'll still get upset if you use the N word though.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2012, 07:29:46 AM »
Kale, my step father used to be an orthodox Jewish man so I know the process and the ceremonies and everything. No matter what you tell me, Jewish will always be a religion just like Catholicism, Muslim, Hinduism, Shintoism, Buddhism etc.

Tags: