Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What are your most memorable game shows?  (Read 6807 times)

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
Re: What are your most memorable game shows?
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2013, 05:24:51 PM »
I have always liked Jeopardy, even as a little kid.

I played Family Feud on the Commodore 64 sooooo freaking much, I eventually had a lot of the questions memorized.

Video Power was the BEST game show... because it was a game show in a Game show!
Video Power

(ok the show sucked but whatever. i liked the cartoon back in its early run)
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2013, 05:49:14 PM »
I have always liked Jeopardy, even as a little kid.

I played Family Feud on the Commodore 64 sooooo freaking much, I eventually had a lot of the questions memorized.

Video Power was the BEST game show... because it was a game show in a Game show!

(ok the show sucked but whatever. i liked the cartoon back in its early run)

Yeah the first Retsupurae I linked earlier was of Video Power. The show has kind of an odd history but I only really know about it because of the Big Picture episode.
POWER DRAIN (The Big Picture)

Press Your Luck. I used to love that one as a kid, probably because of the dumb whammy animations, and the board itself was kinda neat.

So that's what the name of that show was. I enjoyed the Whammy animations on that a lot but found the rest of it pretty dull.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 05:51:15 PM by Ratty »

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2013, 02:46:58 AM »
Luuv quiz shows as much as I love quiz games like Trivial Pursuit. Too bad they hardly make those shows around here anymore. I was happy when they finally bought the format for Jeopardy! about five years ago. But the show only lasted for about two years. From about 1999 to 2002 I constantly watched the local version of Who wants to be a millionaire. I think they cancelled that too about 4-5 years ago.

Television might win me back if it showed me more than fat people struggling with their weight or former movie stars as lawyers or cops.

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2013, 05:18:04 AM »
i agree.. it seems the game shows that were enjoyable to watch are rare now. Im over Steve Harvey and Family Feud. Jeopardy is Jeopardy so i dun think that will ever change (thankfully) I like the shows where u can sit and compete with people at home!
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Lone Wolf

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2013, 08:03:38 PM »
+1
Passa ou Repassa(in Portuguese, means "Dare or Double Dare"). I think Lelygax knows pretty much what i'm talking about:

Again, it's in Portuguese. Since it's a Brazilian game show, i don't think many of you guys could understand it.. :/

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2013, 12:39:23 PM »
Yes, I remember that.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2013, 06:54:48 PM »
+1
Double Dare & Nick Arcade. Speaking of the latter, check out 15 year old-ish Joey Fatone on Nick Arcade!

Joey Fatone on The Nick Arcade
Groove is in the heart.

Tags:

anything