Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Demon's Crest (SNES) Remixes  (Read 9880 times)

Offline Wallachia

• hath risen
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« on: July 13, 2011, 04:09:49 PM »
This needs to be seen and heard, I watch and listen to this all the time. Great work:

Demon's Crest Remixes

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better" - Albert Einstein

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 06:42:10 PM »
I haven't played nearly enough of Demon's Crest to know what tune this is, however it does add to the morbid artistic scenes portrayed in the video.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 06:51:47 PM »
I haven't played nearly enough of Demon's Crest to know what tune this is

Get on that, boi. ASAP. One of the absolute greatest games ever made.

Bitchin' remix medley.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 06:53:55 PM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 07:11:42 PM »
Oh I've started. Got passed the first area and now I'm at one of the towns. Still trying to make heads n' tails of the system though.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 07:21:50 PM »
Cool stuff. This game deserves much more attention then it gets.
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 11:19:53 PM »
To think I've found and bought this game, but can't find the first 2 Gargoyle's Quest. :O

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 02:32:12 AM »
The first two games are damn good also. I think I have a cart of the first game. :O Second one's a little more allusive (haven't tried hard, though). The NES game is almost a remake of the first.

The SNES game is definitely the best of the bunch. I'd want a sequel, but I'm afraid it would be really fuxed up and not nearly as good.

Gargoyle's Quest/Demon's Crest is an example of a spin-off series being better than the series it branched from. In my opinion, at least. Though I probably only say that 'cos the Ghosts'n Goblins/Ghouls'n Ghosts games are so damn hard.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 02:34:04 AM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 06:57:16 AM »
I like Gargoyles Quest on gb the best outta all of em. Possibly nostalgic reasons but eh. But they are all good games. Demons Crest gets more back to its roots than the others tho in that its hard as balls for the most part just like Ghosts n Goblins

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 10:14:44 AM »
Demon's Crest is a perfect example of a game that's so good, even though I never played it as a kid and only discovered it within the past 2 years, I can say without a doubt it's one of the most musically and graphically awesome games I've ever seen for almost any of the oldschool consoles. It's atmosphere and concept took me by such surprise that I immediately played the game and did a review of it within a week of finding out about it.
KEEP PLAYING: Rewind - Demon's Crest

The music is as haunting as the backgrounds and sprite work. Fantastic game.

Offline Wallachia

• hath risen
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 02:26:25 PM »
Demon's Crest is a perfect example of a game that's so good, even though I never played it as a kid and only discovered it within the past 2 years, I can say without a doubt it's one of the most musically and graphically awesome games I've ever seen for almost any of the oldschool consoles. It's atmosphere and concept took me by such surprise that I immediately played the game and did a review of it within a week of finding out about it.
KEEP PLAYING: Rewind - Demon's Crest

The music is as haunting as the backgrounds and sprite work. Fantastic game.

right on Sindra. Nice review! Great to see some honest love for this game. So how did you like those remixes? Awesome huh!

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better" - Albert Einstein

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2011, 12:03:18 AM »
I grew up on Demon's Crest. It's awesome having an older brother, particularly when I was too young to really get into a lot of cool things by myself. I was nearing nine when he got this game. Blew my mind. I agree—it's definitely one of the most visually and musically impressive games of the 16-bit era. Well, of any era; the artistry still blows me away. It and Super Metroid are to me the pinnacle of SNES and 16-bit art.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2011, 09:26:43 PM »
Thank you so much for the find, Wallachia! I LOVE Demon's Crest and I especially loved its music! This is awesome!

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Arma

• Vampire Hunter
    • My, currently outdated, blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2011, 03:11:55 PM »
this game needs more attention, Arma is my favourite character from it and I have found few cool fan art of him. I opened a group devoted to the series on deviantART but even so it's hard to find anything there and the other two groups are virtually dead. What a pity, another cool series from Capcom that dies, just like Breath of Fire :C

Offline Wallachia

• hath risen
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2011, 10:15:10 AM »
Arma, yeah, nice art of him in the left part of your avatar.

By the way, have you played Demon's Souls? There are some great demon designs in that game :)

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2011, 10:47:02 AM »
this game needs more attention, Arma is my favourite character from it and I have found few cool fan art of him. I opened a group devoted to the series on deviantART but even so it's hard to find anything there and the other two groups are virtually dead. What a pity, another cool series from Capcom that dies, just like Breath of Fire :C

Dude, I think Arma was the bastard that made me quit the game... I couldn't beat him.

Tags: