Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What's your favorite season & why  (Read 5038 times)

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« on: January 13, 2013, 09:33:12 PM »
I've been discussing this with a good friend & we are at complete opposite ends of the spectrum-I'm all about the spring & especially summer, they on the other hand prefer autumn/winter.

Spring makes me feel fresh & alive after having felt like I've been in a long, cold, grey fog all winter. The earth smells FANTASTIC to me, and I'm talking before it rains. I live in the middle of a small valley with trees (mostly pine) covering both sides, so you can imagine how it smells when there has been rain. I also love to garden, so it goes without saying that spring is a rad to the max time for me.

Speaking of rain, OMG, I LOVE IT. Those warm overcast days where you can just tell there's gonna be a cloudburst anytime & this isn't going to a quick sprinkle, but a torrent of a downpour-that's Laina's leisurely stroll time, fellas. It's always so warm & bright...it feels like the whole world's alive. Yes, I am kind of a hippie I guess...

So cool cats, what're your fave seasons & why?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 10:58:08 PM by Laina »
Groove is in the heart.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 10:36:06 PM »
+1
For me I'd have to say late spring to early summer. The trees and plants are so full of color and everything is fresh and vibrant. When it gets around late Summer then the trees and plants start to show their weathered, dull and dusty look and that's when you know for sure that Autumn is just around the corner. I'm not a fan of late summer due to these reasons. I'd rather have a late spring/early summer.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 10:50:54 PM »
Spring. I like the warm weather, and I like the rain...as long as it doesn't last for a week or anything. A lot of people seem to hate completely overcast days, but as long as it's warm, I love them. I just wish there was a little more between freezing cold and scorching hot around here.

I absolutely hate winter, though. The cold sucks, but the thing I hate the most is the snow. It's a mess, driving in it is a pain in the ass, and it just makes everything dreary.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Laina

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 10:54:48 PM »
For me I'd have to say late spring to early summer. The trees and plants are so full of color and everything is fresh and vibrant. When it gets around late Summer then the trees and plants start to show their weathered, dull and dusty look and that's when you know for sure that Autumn is just around the corner. I'm not a fan of late summer due to these reasons. I'd rather have a late spring/early summer.

You're a wise man, X. Late summer makes me sad for the same reasons, but I still try to enjoy it. Autumn can be pretty I guess & mild, but it's so depressing because it's just a prelude of what's to come.
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Lashen

• Vampire Hunter
  • ..."Nunchakus."
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 10:56:02 PM »
Autumn, I'm very much partial to the weather.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 11:17:03 PM »
Summer, girls wear less clothing, and my body doesn't feel like someone's trying to pound my joints with a hammer.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 02:22:25 AM »
I prefer Autumn. The cool air and the falling leaves... it is just so dramatic. And the fall fashion! Maybe I am just partial to browns.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 03:21:53 AM »
I like spring and autumn, because it's the time when weather start's to change. Spring brings a warmth, while autumn brings a cool down from all that heat from summer.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 04:18:22 AM »
When one lives in about 4 months of barely seeing the sun and about half of the year being pretty cold, one appreciates that oh so brief summertime on a whole different level. That would be my favorite, but I've come to appreciate winter over the years too. Spring comes after summer, though. Summer equals freedom and spring means summer is coming.

Fall can be beautiful, but it's also kind of depressing, so it's my least favorite. Guess it's a matter of time passing by that I've learned to see the best parts of seasons I used to hate, namely winter. I guess winter's worst trait is it forces you to squeeze some extra juice out of yourself to keep yourself from falling into a stupor and sluggishness. But, in a way, it's also a good thing.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 04:23:52 AM by Santa Count »

Offline P/\/\\/o

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2013, 04:22:32 AM »
My favourite season is autumn, because the temperatures go down, and the season just somehow always makes me think the world around me starts from a clean table again! So refreshing athmosphere, autumn has!  ;D I love the spring and winter, too. But summer is just too darned monotonous (and too warm) for my scandinavic tastes!  :)
'Oct.10, '03: I got Smacked down at Smackdown!' ;D

Offline Laina

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2013, 11:05:19 AM »
All good answers. As some of you may know, I've been stricken with rosacea & as such my face looks like...well, a vampire after a few seconds in the sun (the real ones, not those glitter guys). But it's cool because somehow I actually feel kinda fancy sporting an umbrella on a sunny day. :3 I'MA PRETEND IT'S A PARASOL & I'M A CLASSY VICTORIAN LADY, TEE HEE!
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Laina

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2013, 11:16:43 AM »
I prefer Autumn. The cool air and the falling leaves... it is just so dramatic. And the fall fashion! Maybe I am just partial to browns.

Just now saw your answer & must say fashion plays a part in my choice as well.

As a small child, I was...let's say difficult to persuade in following what I believed to be society's cruel demands of 'modesty' (I hated wearing a lot of clothes). Really, I just sorta lived in my Minnie Mouse bathing suit & a hot pink leopard print bikini with some dayglow yellow board shorts (the late 80's were crazy like that). I didn't mind summer fashions a bit however & found them quite comfortabl & aesthetically pleasing to my 3-4 year old eye. Yeah, I was that kid you'd see at the grocery store in their swim suit & I FELT GOOD DAMNIT.

I'm still way more about summer fashions-shorts, skirts, light, airy materials, bright & pastel colors (good for spring or summer in my opinion)-all of these catch old Laian's eye & gosh, they're just the bees knees to me.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 11:20:34 AM by Laina »
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2013, 10:00:54 PM »
All good answers. As some of you may know, I've been stricken with rosacea & as such my face looks like...well, a vampire after a few seconds in the sun (the real ones, not those glitter guys). But it's cool because somehow I actually feel kinda fancy sporting an umbrella on a sunny day. :3 I'MA PRETEND IT'S A PARASOL & I'M A CLASSY VICTORIAN LADY, TEE HEE!

I know the feeling of sunlight trying to pierce my skin like 10000 needles. It is so painful that i have to rush indoors to alleviate the pain. As of now i do not see any rashes but my mom has heat allergy so i have to be very careful. I am currently based in the tropics so bah, summer everyday and i hate evey bit of it.

I bet you would be in fashion heaven if i showed you around in Shibuya!

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2013, 11:50:07 PM »
Spring

Not too hot, not too cold, and things are still green.

Offline Laina

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2013, 07:55:38 AM »
I bet you would be in fashion heaven if i showed you around in Shibuya!

Oh...my...God...YES, YES I WOULD.
Groove is in the heart.

Tags: