Poll

Which are your favorites (3 votes) (one vote per game please)

Akumajo Dracula (Cv1/Chronicles/SCIV)
24 (20.5%)
Dracula 2 Noroi no Fuuin (Cv2)
3 (2.6%)
Dracula Densetsu (Cv3)
19 (16.2%)
Vampire Killer (Bloodlines)
11 (9.4%)
Dracula X/XX Rondo of Blood (Rondo/CvDX/Chronicles)
25 (21.4%)
Dracula X2 : Nocturne in the Moonlight (SoTN)
27 (23.1%)
Dracula Densetsu ReBirth (adventure Rebirth)
1 (0.9%)
Akumajo Dracula: Harmony of Despair (HD)
7 (6%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Favorite 2DVanaia .: Console Edition :.  (Read 10662 times)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
Re: Favorite 2DVanaia .: Console Edition :.
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2011, 04:54:43 PM »
My top 3 CV games are

1.Castlevania Symphony of the Night
2.Super Castlevania 4
3.Castlevania 3 dracula's curse

So I chose CVSOTN.
I chose all three of those.  They're all games I owned and beat when they came out growing up and so they mean the most to me.  The rest are stuff I played after I set out to collect and beat them all as an adult.

Offline Belmont Stakes

• Registered Massholevaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Smashing controllers since 1982
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2011, 03:58:29 PM »
I just recently posted the topic about Bloodlines and how innovative it was. But I have to give the nod to CV 1, 4 and Chronicles. My love not withstanding for CV2,3 and Bloodlines, the first game is the one that started it all. I must admit when I first played the game it didn't move me as I was into beating Super Mario Brothers. It's hard to divide ones loyalties. But once I beat the Grim Reaper and moved on to Dracula I was hooked. I would not beat the game until the next time I rented it at the VHS tape store (what's a VHS tape?). But the game has been a fond memory to me and will always be so. CV4 is a musical orgy. It's just so fucking good. Chronicles is a bit flat on the graphical end but the Arranged tracks are second only to CV4 IMO. So that's why I voted as such.

Remember my name and know this. I have Suffolk Down Syndrome.

Stop me if you've heard this one.
A Belmont falls through a trap door into a square prison with no exits. After hitting three sides he smashes through the last one. Relieved and low on health he looks at the camera, smiles and says......"Pork chop?"
ULTIMATE FOURTH WALL BREAK!!! That just happened!!!

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2011, 04:22:48 PM »
Final decisions: 3, 4, Bloodlines.

The Dracula X games have a cool sense of style, but outside of the SNES one they're way too easy. (I'm sure my opinion will change once Esco's SotN hack is released.)

4 is pretty easy too but its nostalgia factor (my first 'vania) and unique atmosphere are overpowering.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 04:24:31 PM by Munchy »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2011, 04:31:03 PM »
**HEAVY SIGH**
Why do these topics keep getting resurrected?
Do you not know that these have been discussed... countless times...? this one even got resurrected as it hasn't been posted in like a month.
Are people scrolling to past pages, looking specifically for "What's your favorite..." threads and bringing them up?
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Laughing skeleton

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2011, 06:29:35 PM »
Resurrected? I like the sound of that... In any case I went with Dracula's curse but only by a small margin since I think they are really all tremendous games.
Nothing scares me, I'm a smart guy and I'll tell you one thing for certain: fear is irrational. Being the know-it-all I am, mocking foolish fears is an amusing pastime for me.  In fact there is no doubt in my mind that living in the modern world, free of all danger and uncertainty, I'll ever have to face my own death, which is after all the most basic and silly of all fears...

Offline Gambit Belmont

• Kinetic Vampire Hunter
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2011, 11:46:26 AM »
God damnit I can't choose. >_<

Definitely Rondo and HoDespair, CVs 1, 3 and 4, X68000 (as well as Chronicles), SotN, Aria & Dawn of Sorrow, OoE, PoR, Bloodlines, Lament...

Pretty much everything except CV2 and Dracula X (SNES). ._.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2011, 03:59:12 PM »
**HEAVY SIGH**
Why do these topics keep getting resurrected?
Do you not know that these have been discussed... countless times...? this one even got resurrected as it hasn't been posted in like a month.
Are people scrolling to past pages, looking specifically for "What's your favorite..." threads and bringing them up?

Sorry dude, made the topic 9 days beforehand (and in those 9 days, those your favorite topics exploded)

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline aya79

• Hunter in Training
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2011, 09:12:05 AM »
My favorite: Castlevania 2 (nes, famicom disk )
First Castlevania rpg.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2011, 05:04:02 AM »
The old December bump (and because SURPRISE, I have a CV gameplaying hunger brewing in me for the first time in years), I choose the old standby's CV1 (CV Chronicles would be a fourth as it is very different in terms of layout), CV 3  and Bloodlines. The first because it was my first CV title played (back when they had Vs. CV cabs in arcades), CV 3 luckily falling in my hands one day as I helped a friend trade Shinobi III for Ninja Gaiden II, played the shit out of it, and of course Bloodlines, a game I chuckled at back when EGM and Gamepro ran features about it (my gawd these enemies don't look right hahahaha this won't sell, I'll never play it.....years later, oh my I see a copy on shelves and I have a Genesis now.....MINE), needless to say after helping my cousin pass the Pisa stage, it sunk in. I no longer laugh at Bloodlines, I respect the hell out of it (the buying part came 2 full years after I finally was called by my cousin, he picked me up to go to his house to beat 1 freaking stage he couldn't pass, I passed it first shot).

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2011, 12:34:41 AM »
Tis a hard one, this (that's what she said) question.

I want to say Cv4, but I loved Rondo for it's boss fights, and that it was like Cv3 in several ways. SotN is probably my most played.

Aria of Sorrow is probably the best of the handheld's, but the console versions always feel like they have more depth. Or maybe that just because of over a decade of reaccruing sprites.
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline Patashnik

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2011, 02:37:26 PM »
so far SoTN ( I know I am a tool in favoring a majority consensus, though this would be a rare moment I do so)  though I should probably try SCV4 as thats supposed to be excellent game play wise ( getting a wii for virtual console + all the other castlevania games I am missing or getting a snes + game, what to do...)

Offline Jago

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2011, 03:40:04 AM »
cv4 and bloodlines

Offline JooohnShaft

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2011, 01:51:15 AM »
scv 4 wa AWESOME!

Offline Joachimdragoon

• Awards
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2011, 08:14:56 AM »
I would say Castlevania SOTN did it for me, it was the first game in the series that I had played and it opened me up to the other games in the series, plus Alucard is a cool character and amazing he had some complexity into his character especially when he had to fight his father although he seemed cold you can tell he wished he didn't have to do it.

Offline crimsonmist

• the fate of a fallen hunter
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2012, 06:13:04 PM »
castlevania 3. it gave us multiple heroes instead of a lone vampire hunter, and you had multiple paths to take in an otherwise linear cv game. also it gave us beginning, my absolute favorite tune in the entire series 8)
also rondo of blood. it gave us real voice acting, the divine bloodlines tune, and maria renard, especially with that cat subweapon i absolutely adore and love to use ;D
also vampire killer/bloodlines, for the fun levels and awesome music 8)
GAME OVER

Tags: