Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Turn a regular enemy into a boss  (Read 11002 times)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« on: February 09, 2013, 09:58:53 PM »
+1
What regular enemy would you not mind seeing turned into a full fledged boss battle?

I'm going to imagine a boss battle that involves a lot of grasping zombie hands that thrust through the ground and try to hold you into place, while some big nasty boss type creature tries to take a few cheap shots at you.  Let's make that big boss a beefed up version of the Gravedigger from Order of Ecclesia.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 10:21:21 PM »
Stolas

"A wise, old creature said to have considerable intelligence."
- This guy could summon lesser demons to fight for him. It was creepy watching his movements

Malachi AKA Cthulhu

"A pagan being from ancient times that strikes fear into all in its presence."
- Pretty much speaks for itself, just triple his size & you have a battle rivaling Galamoth in epicness

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 12:03:28 AM »
Cthulhu's bigger then Galamoth...much bigger. He's described as standing miles' high. Galamoth would be an insect compared to Cthulhu and not just in size either.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 08:15:47 AM »
+1

I imagine a Kraken! The boss will be near the bottom of the castle where the castle connects with the lake or the sea.
There would be caverns filled with water that lead to the ocean. The battle will not be in the open sea but in the caverns.

I know in the picture I draw the kraken too much in the open but that is just to support my idea.
And I think I will definetely do it in my own game :)
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 09:11:36 AM »
Cthulhu's bigger then Galamoth...much bigger. He's described as standing miles' high. Galamoth would be an insect compared to Cthulhu and not just in size either.

I'm talking about in-game mechanics & how he would fit in Castlevania's world, not the "real life" version.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 09:23:58 AM »

I imagine a Kraken! The boss will be near the bottom of the castle where the castle connects with the lake or the sea.
There would be caverns filled with water that lead to the ocean. The battle will not be in the open sea but in the caverns.

I know in the picture I draw the kraken too much in the open but that is just to support my idea.
And I think I will definetely do it in my own game :)
A full fledged Kraken battle (not just a stage hazard as seen in Castlevania Judgment) would be epic indeed!  I have a feeling we'll see it one day.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 09:34:59 AM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 05:03:01 PM »
+1
I'd like to see the Simon Wraith skeleton turned into a boss, complete with corrupted versions of the sub-weapons. Wait, no; that's just be a rip-off of Trevor Doppleganger.
Damn let me think about this one.
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 01:50:35 PM »
Blade Master boss!  ;D That ninja skeleton, same size, but much faster and harder to hit. Also, should use a variety of attacks which are impossible to avoid. Would kick your ass, hehe.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 04:18:13 PM »
Hey Freddy, is that Schindler's List in your sig?
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2013, 05:11:44 AM »
What regular enemy would you not mind seeing turned into a full fledged boss battle?

I'm going to imagine a boss battle that involves a lot of grasping zombie hands that thrust through the ground and try to hold you into place, while some big nasty boss type creature tries to take a few cheap shots at you.  Let's make that big boss a beefed up version of the Gravedigger from Order of Ecclesia.

Sounds kinda like a form of Legion.
Also I would like to see Frankenstein's monster be promoted back to full fledged boss status.

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 10:54:52 PM »
I'd make the Motorcycle Skeleton (The one with the machine gun sidecar) into a boss by making the player beat 100 of them.  :o

Kind of like a boss rush,but in the same room.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 11:06:32 PM »
Hey Freddy, is that Schindler's List in your sig?

The quote is too epic to be from the film, but it is.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2013, 07:12:23 AM »
Stick a Flea Man in a giant steam powered mech & battle on an outer wall of the Castle, perhaps a courtyard. Or maybe like 3 in a few large-ish sized mechs & fight 'em all at once. You're welcome, Konami.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 07:15:35 AM by Laina »
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Rudolph LagnaGaisaer

• Dragon Slayer.
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2013, 07:17:14 AM »
in My fan game i will Make The cloaked Knight, The Salem Witch , Simon And Dawn of Sorrow Frank with new and Some Nostalgic attack´s ( like Igor to Help Him ^^)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 07:20:57 AM by IssoBelmont »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2013, 09:58:59 AM »
I'm talking about in-game mechanics & how he would fit in Castlevania's world, not the "real life" version.

It's true that the Real Cthulhu would be waaaaay too big for a CV game, however Cthulhu could be a multi-leveled boss fight like the Forgotten one from LoI. Heck, you could even have the main character enter into Cthulhu in order to destroy him just cause he's that big. Cthulhu himself could be it's own castle segment even.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags: