Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse  (Read 274376 times)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse
« Reply #585 on: September 18, 2014, 07:18:24 PM »
As always eryson, thanks for your support and detailed lowdown 8)yeah the soundtrack really has changed alot but for the better! Wait till you hear the rest of it! ;D the orignal soundtrack I had before worked but with this new one it really sets the mood - as a good ost should! Kind of gives me the same vibe as the SCV4 OST gives me, and ill tell ya, that gives me goosebumps lol.  When this project is finished and I have downtime between my next projects I plan on remixing as many CV songs this way as I can. I really have a blast taking the old school tunes and turning them into modern jams ;D
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse Stair/Onionskin Tests
« Reply #586 on: September 24, 2014, 05:28:08 AM »
+1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JDfhzQPV-M&feature=youtu.be

Game is shaping up quite nicely. Shouldn't be too much longer.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #587 on: September 24, 2014, 09:29:00 AM »
What's going on with Sypha and Alucard when they're stair-climbing?
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #588 on: September 24, 2014, 09:38:39 AM »
Since Alucard and Sypha have their magic but leave a little to be desired on the stair game, I made them both invincible while on stairs. But dont worry, im not making it TOO easy; with this added you wont be able to swtch characters while on steps to avoid taking damage  ;D it also adds to the visual appeal as well.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #589 on: September 24, 2014, 10:56:18 AM »
Since Alucard and Sypha have their magic but leave a little to be desired on the stair game, I made them both invincible while on stairs. But dont worry, im not making it TOO easy; with this added you wont be able to swtch characters while on steps to avoid taking damage  ;D it also adds to the visual appeal as well.

If Alucard and Sypha are invincible on stairs, how are you going to handle fireballs, bats, and Medusa head projectiles? Especially on the clocktower section?

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #590 on: September 24, 2014, 01:18:25 PM »
The verdict is still open on that one. Either they pass right thru them, destroys the enemies or converts them to magic energy since they are both casters. Still in the works tho! Lol

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #591 on: September 25, 2014, 04:57:29 PM »
Hey fellas, i got one question for you:

Are you ready? ? ?

Ha! i know I am!!  It's looking like that my 10/1 beta release date is going to happen for sure!  Just to update, i've refined ALL the character stair animations, all works as it supposed to know.  All stages are complete, all characters abilities are good to go, the only exception being Grant's climb.  It's still juuuuuuust a bit choppy but i have an idea on how to fix it to make it perfect, so that's next on the list  8) All previous glitches, ALL, are fixed now and its shaping up to looking like, sounding like and playing like a Castlevania 3 reboot SHOULD be.  It's close enough to its roots to know where it is coming from, but new enough to make it fun and not feel like you're playing a different type of Castlevania instead of a fresh update (like others of the like tend to do IMO...).  Darkman posted a new vid for me yesterday showcasing the "onionskin" i am now using.  Don't worry, it's not going to be overkill lol.  What you seen in the vid is 97% of that effect you'll see in the game.  The other 3%...well, lets just say its at a key point and due to the obvious reasons (you'll know what i mean in a few minutes when the thread gets bumped down 1 or 2 haha) that will stay under wraps until the full version is released.  Given that this game has you playing ALL stages expect even at a speed run to take a minimum of 3-6 hours of normal gameplay, not to mention what I brought up (yeah folks, remember, you heard it HERE first  :P ) about adding my classic mode to include roided up versions of the characters in their NES form with all other game graphics updated.  Given the time restraints i put on the release, i wont be adding the classic mode and boss rush to the beta version, but they will be ready by the time all the testing is finished.  Including many members here the beta tester list is well beyond 20+ members now, so there will definitely be a broad margin of gamers testing it out for me, and that list is growing with every new video, post, news etc.  With that said, even though there are several testers here that have PM'd me asking to jump on the crew, more never hurts so if anyone that would like to jump in and be a beta tester, feel free to PM me anytime and i'll send you the beta file.  I'll be sure to post back on here with the progress of the beta, up to and including release time so make sure to check back dudes!  ;D

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #592 on: September 25, 2014, 05:44:22 PM »
Ooooo, an early Halloween treat  :D
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline SabinFigaro

• Hunter in Training
  • What a horrible day to go to work..
    • Awards
« Reply #593 on: September 25, 2014, 09:01:01 PM »
Hell yeah!! Bring it on!   :)

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #594 on: September 26, 2014, 08:47:24 AM »
3-6 hours of gameplay, even in a speedrun play? Its really true?  :o i cant wait to see it!!
Lets show how a Belmont take care of this!!!!

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #595 on: September 26, 2014, 10:14:34 AM »
3-6 hours of gameplay, even in a speedrun play? Its really true?  :o i cant wait to see it!!
Lets show how a Belmont take care of this!!!!
absolutely!! Thats not including the boss rush and classic modes either  8)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #596 on: September 26, 2014, 05:12:18 PM »
Ok dudes, i've got a new update for you!

The new and IMPROVED OST cover

.......... :o  :rollseyes: lmfao sorry, couldn't resist!

But to be real for a second lol, just another update; All characters are ready to roll.  All that's left now is just to update a few lines of code, drop a few sprites in a few frames and the beta is done!  8)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 05:15:03 PM by BMC_War Machine »

Offline SabinFigaro

• Hunter in Training
  • What a horrible day to go to work..
    • Awards
« Reply #597 on: September 26, 2014, 09:19:41 PM »
LOL!! ;D Is that little Simon Belmont there?

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #598 on: September 27, 2014, 03:35:44 AM »
Lmao absolutely!  ;D

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #599 on: September 27, 2014, 03:41:28 PM »
I laugh a lot of the "hiperactive face" of this baby hahahahaha

Tags: