Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Next announcement  (Read 8553 times)

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Next announcement
« on: October 23, 2007, 06:09:02 AM »
Let me quote Ms.PoR from gamefaqs forums:

You guys will see the next announcement of a new Castlevania title soon in Famitsu magazine. Expect to see it late Nov. or early Dec. And yes, it's the DS title.

She made me happy today because I thought we wouldn`t get any news about it until next year! I hope it will happen as she said. And I hope for another great game. Actually I liked the gameplay in the 2 DS titles. I can spit on the artwork and those humorous parts of dialogue, but I enjoy playing them. Anyway let`s hope for a little bit of Kojima this time! I know it`s not very probable, but well I can hope at least.

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
Re: Next announcement
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 06:24:13 AM »
Ayami Kojima did the artwork for both AoS and LoI, and both were released in 2003, so...there's a small chance.
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline Marto

• Kojima fan :)
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Marto's Art
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 06:53:06 AM »
I just replayed through PoR because it was somewhat enjoyable to play. Even though, this was, perhaps, the easiest Castlevania game I have ever played in my life.

Not only, but for the Longest Castlevania to Date, ....it took me the shortest time to beat. I found Symphony of the Night, and especially Harmony of Dissonance to take me FAR longer. :(

And I'm voting for Kojima too. I think Iga's learned his lesson finally.

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 07:36:47 AM »
In Reply To #3

I have also just replayed Portrait! Actually I am going to finish it now. I did it because I wanted to unlock Old Axe Armor mode so I went to play from the beginning: Jonathan&Charlotte on normal difficulty. Yeah, that`s easy, but on level cap 1 not so much, it gets very hard. I like that there are various difficulty options-so anyone can play with a difficulty level of choice. I can finally play the OAA mode now. That`s 10 months after buying the game!

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 07:58:49 AM »
I can't wait to hear about the new Castlevania on DS.

Also if you want a short challenge at PoR, try to play the whole game from start to end using  for weapons only the whips that you are found. No other weapon just whips and without the help of Charlote!
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 09:49:45 AM »
Sweet. Here's hoping IGA and company don't rush the hell out of this one, like they did with PoR and DoS.

Aww, who am I kidding? It won't happen.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 10:50:06 AM »
In Reply To #5
Been there done that!

I hope this new game doesn't rely on any gimmicks to get by.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2007, 12:04:05 PM »
I had more fun replaying dos to be honest. Por is so boring.

I guess that could be also because I recently made a yoko only mode out of soma's though. :o

zachier

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2007, 12:23:13 PM »
In Reply To #8

I'm with you there, pal. PoR didn't really impressed me like DoS did; I thought it was too easy and not much of a story-teller.

Anyway, I'm hoping that this new title would be more challenging. I highly doubt, however, that it's going to be the 1999 game; I always think Iga is saving that for last.

Offline sonicabid

• Yakuza is beast
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Buy and play the Yakuza games
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2007, 04:20:44 PM »
In Reply To #9

I love my DS replays. I enjoy Julius mode as much as Soma's, and the funnest way to play Julius mode is to only get Alucard. I skip Yoko completely, though I do gotta admit some of her spells are fun, though the ability to be a Belmont one second then Alucard the next quickens up gameplay in a lot of ways, and makes it so you can do ridiculously fast run-throughs of the game. My quickest so far is a 1 hour clear of Julius mode. ALso, I have a lot more fun playing AoS again in either modes over POR. POR is a lot of fun though as well.

Offline Marto

• Vampire Hunter
    • Marto's Art
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2007, 05:53:17 PM »
In Reply To #9

Totally disagree with you on the story part. I though PoR far outdid Dawn of Sorrow. However, I do agree with you 100% on DoS being far more fun to play than Portrait, but for me the main reason's because of the beautiful wintery environment...granted, something felt strange, but it was really good. I ADORE the demon guest house.

The art for the characters sucked though, and the storyline was atrocious beyond comprehension! >:(

I am begging that Kojima's back, but I'm split on trusting whether that'll happen or not.

Munchy, I doubt it'll be as rushed, because they're already several months into it (I'm going to speculate at least 5 months of development), since Koji's been talking about this one for a while.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2007, 06:01:50 PM »
In Reply To #11

Yeah. I'm still kind of doubtful, though, because Konami seems to treat IGA like the Irish once treated their women. I'd sooner have a well-polished, fleshed-out awesome game with a couple of delays than a rush job next Fall.

As for the forthcoming 360 one... Well, it's pointless to reiterate what was wrong with CoD. I'll just say that they better not pull the same shit with the 360 one (ie budget artificially lengthened flat-ass crap), or heads will roll.

Offline Marto

• Vampire Hunter
    • Marto's Art
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2007, 08:26:22 PM »
In Reply To #12

I couldn't have said it any better if I wanted to.

:-\ Iga's abused and bullied by Konami...

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2007, 06:26:18 AM »
It's cool that they said they are going to move away from the anime style.
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2007, 06:58:08 AM »
Hopefully I won't get bored with this new one and sell it. Needed some money for another game, and while I normally don't do it at all, I decided to trade in some games I don't play anymore. CoD, PoR and DoS were all in that list because I just don't find myself entertained by them at all.

Tags:

anything