Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: DXC Changes of SotN(Possible Spoilers)  (Read 29122 times)

Offline outofthegamer

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Re: DXC Changes of SotN(Possible Spoilers)
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2007, 03:42:04 PM »
Some other changes to the PSP version:

1. Imps can now hit you in mist form--causing you to revert back to Alucard.

2. The bat form can actually take some hits (projectiles) without causing you to revert.

3. Sword bros. money glitch & sword bros. chapel glitch are gone--the sword brother animation and dialogue are new.

4. The first Death meeting can be skipped in any mode of play--simply hold left BEFORE enetering his room.

5. And the last level of the original Rondo of Blood actually says "Final Stage: Bloodlines", so of course the intro to SotN also has that too--many people thought it was a mistake in SotN because the intro is from the last stage of Rondo, not Bloodlines. But "bloodlines" is the name of the final stage of Rondo of Blood. So we can finally put that debate to rest!!

www.worldbeyondwalls.com - the original glitching website!! Join our forum today!!

Offline mistressalucard

• Diva
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Magical Diva
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Moonlit Path
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2007, 04:46:08 PM »

Alucard, however, should have been the same sexy-ass stud from the '97 game. My knees buckled at the sound of that deep-voiced miracle.
---
Lady A

Trevor Belmont Fan

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2007, 05:21:30 PM »
Alucard didn't sound too bad imo, at times he does suck but for the most part he sounded alright. The old one is better though.

BUT MARIA...... holy crap..... she sounds like a teen just hitting puberty. Can someone find some old dialogue that is before....... oh iunno... 1960s that has any using the term "likewise"?! ugh

I also don't like most of the new dialogue... the old was better imo. but then again I was one of the ones who loved the old dialogue.

I didn't like the dialogue in RoB remake either but I never heard the original if it had any, so it might be better or worst or just a completely new add on.

And did anyone notice SotN seems to run alot faster, like they up teh frame rate by 30 or 15 atleast? It seems so much smoother. Could just be me, but it seems that way.

Steve

« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2007, 05:25:44 PM »
5. And the last level of the original Rondo of Blood actually says "Final Stage: Bloodlines", so of course the intro to SotN also has that too--many people thought it was a mistake in SotN because the intro is from the last stage of Rondo, not Bloodlines. But "bloodlines" is the name of the final stage of Rondo of Blood. So we can finally put that debate to rest!!

Wonko

« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2007, 09:50:38 PM »
The Fairy familiar sings "Nocturne"... in English too!
It sounds nice. Lyrics-want.  :o

Offline le052383

• Supreme Newbie From the Kingdom of Newbi
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2007, 10:44:42 PM »
In Reply To #50

She does!?

Wonko

« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2007, 08:48:48 AM »
In Reply To #51

You only have to wait from 30 to 60 seconds, I've had that same problem on the PSX and Saturn versions, sometimes you can be sitting there forever and she won't sing, you just have to be lucky.

Some people say there are certain conditions like, Fairy level must be bigger than Faerie level, mine was 43 and my Faerie was just 3, and I did it in the Outer Wall level, right chair.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 08:52:59 AM by Wonko »

Offline LoneChild

• C12H17N2O4P
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Ningun Lugar
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2007, 01:25:16 PM »
OMG, my fairy familiar just started to sing IN ENGLISH and Alucard fell asleep at the end of the song, LOL. At the ending credits, you can read someone with the surname "Yamane" (not Michiru) as a singer. I wonder if she is the one singing this song, and if she

Offline outofthegamer

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2007, 01:54:25 PM »

www.worldbeyondwalls.com - the original glitching website!! Join our forum today!!

Offline le052383

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2007, 02:00:12 PM »
In Reply To #54

According to cv dungeon (http://castlevania.classicgaming.gamespy.com/Games/rondostages.html), the translation for the japanese original Rondo is Reincarnation of Blood for Richter and The Moment of Demise for Maria.

Seeing how the translation is faithful in the English version of DXC Rondo remake game, I am sure the stages are named similary.

Offline le052383

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2007, 04:17:34 PM »
In Reply To #51

You only have to wait from 30 to 60 seconds, I've had that same problem on the PSX and Saturn versions, sometimes you can be sitting there forever and she won't sing, you just have to be lucky.

Some people say there are certain conditions like, Fairy level must be bigger than Faerie level, mine was 43 and my Faerie was just 3, and I did it in the Outer Wall level, right chair.

Thanks.  My fairy is level one while my Faerie is level 4 I think; I was following the CVD walkthrough only in regards of finding the two japanese familars and the singing easter egg(I prefer not to use the guide since it has been a long time since I beaten the psx version and as such, want to play the game through w/o any guides unless suck,) which gave me the assumption that the egg can be activated anything.  Thanks for lettin me know there are preconditions to activate, otherwise I wouldn't have known and would waste more time leaving Alucard sitting, tryin to activate the singing.  Guess I have to level up my fairy.

SymboliC

« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2007, 02:49:37 AM »

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2007, 10:33:11 AM »
Richter sounds like a fag >.> they added an eh after his line with the wolves and sheperd.... lame!!!!

and I think they named it Bloodlines to make it fit with eachother.to justify their pst mistake and to be lazy.

mgfcortez

« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2007, 01:28:48 PM »
Richter sounds like a fag >.> they added an eh after his line with the wolves and sheperd.... lame!!!!

and I think they named it Bloodlines to make it fit with eachother.to justify their pst mistake and to be lazy.

yeah and now richter finish's alucard's line.
the only thing for evil to win, and faq richter saids for good men to do nothing.lol
remind me of a little brother or some shit.lol
but i think i like the new richter's voice better than the old one ::)
i like all the old voice's but richter :P 

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2007, 05:31:54 PM »
I disagree..... I mean his old one had alot of breathing or wahtever in it that made it weird, if the sound was cleaned up though I think it'd be better than this new one.

Tags:

anything