Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: DXC Changes of SotN(Possible Spoilers)  (Read 29121 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Re: DXC Changes of SotN(Possible Spoilers)
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2007, 09:56:17 AM »
It's not really that much harder, since most of us had played it millions of times already.

Offline outofthegamer

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2007, 11:51:31 AM »
So what's the verdict; do you guys think this version of SotN is harder than the old version?
It's the same as the old version....because it IS the old version. They just added different voice acting and script, 2 extra familiars, and Maria as a boss & playable character.

I thought, by now, everyone knew those were the only differences. If you are having a harder time, it's because you are at a lower level than last time you played--that's it.

Back to topic: The maximum percentage without glitch rooms is now 201.4%. The PS1 version was 201.2% or 200.6--without visiting the entire* castle.

*some parts of the castle can only be visited by glitching, but still appear as blue map rooms/save rooms.

www.worldbeyondwalls.com - the original glitching website!! Join our forum today!!

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2007, 11:54:42 AM »
the game plays faster though. I don't remember Alucard running that fast or hitting as fast. Its probably just a higher framerate or something.

Offline elbryan42

• Bargle Nawdle Zouss???
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2007, 07:53:05 PM »
Don't know if this has been mentioned (I haven't read all the pages yet), but the Japanese versions of NITM (at least the Saturn one I have) requires you to have a level 50 or higher Nose Demon (the regular Demon doesn't work) to press the switch in the Inverted Castle. This version, however, allows you to use the Demon as well, no leveling up needed for either familiar.

It was fun leveling up my Nose Demon anyways. :P

Also of note, the shadow effect in the Catacombs (where the Lossoth are) is gone.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 08:06:58 PM by Elby Damned »
----------------------------------------------------
Check out Elbryan42's Doom Depot! Check out the Doom 64 TC and download some Doom music.
http://doomdepot.doom2.net/

Tags: