Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Oh no... (CV Movie)  (Read 6224 times)

Offline efin

• Hunter in Training
    • Castlevania Homebrew Images
    • Awards
Oh no... (CV Movie)
« on: October 26, 2007, 05:19:09 PM »
This isn't how you're supposed to do it, people.  :'(

Castlevania Gears Up Pre-Strike

Paul W.S. Anderson, who will be producing the film adaptation of the popular video-game series Castlevania, told SCI FI Wire that he's working hard to get the film into production before the anticipated writer's strike.

"[I'm] hoping to get a script for it in two or three weeks," Anderson said on the Montreal set of his current film, Death Race, last week. "And I'm hoping it's great. Sylvain White is directing it, and we're hoping to kind of make it a pre-strike movie. So it kind of shoots in the next couple months."

The Castlevania games, from Japanese game developer Konami, center on the members of the Belmont family who are fighting Dracula and other fictional and mythological creatures. The original game was released in Japan in 1986 and has since spawned dozens of sequel titles on several different console, hand-held and mobile platforms.

Source

Offline Oralox

• BANNED
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 05:55:28 PM »
In Reply To #1

Mr. White better do something good or else he will DIE!!
along with Anderson.

Offline elbryan42

• Bargle Nawdle Zouss???
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Oh no... (CV Movie)
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 06:03:31 PM »
Well, hopefully Anderson doesn't make it his own baby and thus killing the original source material like Resident Evil. Having beloved characters be secondary, expendable, wimpy characters just is a kick in the teeth for the true fans.

I'm sick and tired about hearing about Alice through three RE movies, while faves like Wesker, Claire and Jill are barely touched on, and Chris and Leon haven't even appeared yet. Seeing some nice nods in scenes in Apocalypse was nice, but when it's fucking Alice being the star sucks. But Extinction just kills it with Wesker merely being some idiot suit behind a desk and an army of Alice clones is just too much. You don't shit on the beloved characters that the fans love in the first place.

If, however, Anderson keeps it somewhat close like the first Mortal Kombat movie (one of my all-time favorite movies), I'll be happy.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 06:07:36 PM by Elby Damned »
----------------------------------------------------
Check out Elbryan42's Doom Depot! Check out the Doom 64 TC and download some Doom music.
http://doomdepot.doom2.net/

Offline olroxshade

• Hunter in Training
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 06:32:44 PM »
Errr......Anderson, let me say..

"ZOMFG, Death was a Friend of Belmont and now will help to kill Dracula, OH NOEZ!!

Dracula: Death, what about that nigth?
Death: forget ir Drac, now I'm from belmont

*starts epic, but stupid battle*

Dracula: oh..this can't be end like this *cheap smooke escape*

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 07:10:00 PM »
Hopefully Anderson won't have much influence over the story. I hear his original story was completely axed and they are rewriting the entire thing from the ground up. IGA has faith in it, and has met with Sylvain before. So, I have a shard of hope that we might get something good. It depends on how MUCH of a fan Sylvain is. Anderson stated he was "aware" of the CV series, and from what he wrote in HIS story, it was like something of an "average VG fan who has played CV a bit, but is not aware of the ENTIRE series story, and only pick up on the themes more than the actual history".

Offline Ed Oscuro

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 08:12:32 PM »
The strike might be around for a while; the result would end up being that we have some movies rushed into production. You'll see the results a few years down the line when a batch of movies comes out.

Thankfully, scripts are scripts - I know writers complain endlessly about time constraints, and for good reason; but there's nothing that says a shorter script makes a bad movie. Take that rushed script, mess around with it a bit, spend your time on the camera shots and the like - viola, good movie.

Offline efin

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 02:18:16 AM »
They should just say "Fine, you guys go ahead and strike," and then hire us. Who better to make it authentic, eh?  :)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2007, 02:36:39 AM »
We can't just make conjectures about something that we haven't read or see. What i want to say is, let's see some part of the script first and then we get our opinions about if this movie will be bad or not.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Marto

• Kojima fan :)
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Marto's Art
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2007, 10:17:01 AM »
In Reply To #8

See, I'm also not only puzzled by how people can hate something that's not even out yet, but also rejoiced over the Castlevania animated film and found it cool that the only bit of plot they've seen is a goat-f**king... ::)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2007, 12:54:50 PM »
Quote from: Elby Damned
If, however, Anderson keeps it somewhat close like the first Mortal Kombat movie (one of my all-time favorite movies), I'll be happy.

I agree!

Offline efin

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2007, 02:55:05 PM »
In Reply To #9

It's not hate, it's apprehension based on the fact that they're now going to rush through making the whole movie (including the script) just so they can avoid the strike.

And for what it's worth, that "goat fucking" thing made me start worrying about the animated one.

Offline outofthegamer

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2007, 03:27:44 PM »
According to Iga: Konami is involved in the movie production to some extent (probably to approve or dis-approve various story lines or characters), so hopefully Konami won't let anybody turn out a pile of crap with castlevania's name on it.

here's the interview:

http://www.destructoid.com/destructoid-interview-castlevania-s-koji-igarashi-50472.phtml

www.worldbeyondwalls.com - the original glitching website!! Join our forum today!!

System_Zero

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2007, 11:20:31 PM »
If I recall, Konami was involved with the development of the Silent Hill movie, and that was really good. Hell, they ven helped promote it in Japan with their army of undead nurses to pass out fliers.

So it may not be THAT bad, but still, here's hopping it won't be a total suckfest like previous video-game to movie adoptions.

Offline John Capricorn

• Celebrate good times, c'mon. Celebrate ...etc
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2007, 02:57:45 AM »
Silent Hill film was ok... not Mortal Kombat movie good.  I'm thinking I'll want to forget about the CV movie quickly after release.

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2007, 12:04:00 PM »
In Reply To #11
I started worrying about the animated movie after reading that goat fucking part too. It makes Warren Ellis seem immature and that he threw it in because he was told he's allowed to use curse words in the movie.

Tags: