Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Naaughty little DXC dracula...  (Read 5161 times)

Offline Marto

• Kojima fan :)
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Marto's Art
    • Awards
Naaughty little DXC dracula...
« on: October 28, 2007, 04:32:13 PM »
I've been fighting that bastard's third form since morning time. And I have to say, he is a big doodoo! >:?

I primarily have been trying with Maria, since she feels more natural to me, and while Richter's a lot more controlled for the first two forms, be gets butchered by the third.

So, can I have mini-guides from you guys regarding how to beat him with each? Foremost, Maria, since she's my main character that I've been beating everything with.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 08:22:36 PM by Marto »

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
Re: Naaughty little DXC dracula...
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 05:03:49 PM »
Keep targeting his head, make sure you have the Dragon subweapon equipped. That's handy when he summons the blood version of Rick's hydrostorm attack. Remember to be underneath Dracula when he performs that attack, too.

Other than that, there's not much else I can explain as to how you can dodge his third form's attacks. Most of them, like the bats, are in an arch that you can duck or slide under.
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline Oralox

• BANNED
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 05:09:54 PM »
Keep targeting his head, subweapon equipped.

I avoided that to defeat him and instead I used the turtle defense. I hit him every time he's open and I shield up on each of his attacks. I later on won the game.

Offline LoneChild

• C12H17N2O4P
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Ningun Lugar
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 05:11:55 PM »
Memorize, memorize, memorize. Then execute flawlessly.
Oh, oldschool castlevania, how I missed you.

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 05:36:01 PM »
DXC has only been out for a few days and you guys have already beaten it?! I still have to wait until Christmas to get mine  :(
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2007, 06:09:30 PM »
Well, it is a "rerelease" of a game many already played. A rerelease of a short game in addition.

Offline Rodriguezjr

• Local Vampire Hunter
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Rodriguezjr's Youtube
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2007, 07:00:12 PM »
Yeah, remembering what he does is the best thing to do. First, just stay under Dracula as he summons a rain of blood. Once he is on the ground, he summons bats at you, just duck near him. After, he usually turns into a wolf. If he jumps back he will come straight at you, if he backflips, he will jump and just stay under him. Then, he does the bat thing again. This time he summons a flame pillar under. Then he uses like these cut attacks, just run and once its over try to stay in the middle of the last part of the attacks.

In the end, he turns into a series of small bats and there is this red thing you can destroy and then able to attack the small bats.

Offline A vicar in a tutu

• As natural as rain, he dances again.
  • Master Hunter
  • Get your vile soul dry-cleaned
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2007, 07:54:12 PM »
In Reply To #1

1: When he does the Bloody rain, move under him.
2: When He does that arched-bat-summon attack, go all the way to the opposite corner of the screen.
3: When he does that ground X-type of slashing, move for the first 3 or 4 attacks and then when it briefly pauses to attack one more time you can either be still or jump out of the "X".
4: When he turns into a wolf, go to the opposite corner and wait for him to dash at you, then immediately jump.
5: As for the ground-fires, just move away from them while avoiding random wing attacks from Drac.

If you follow these, I'm sure you won't have a hard time at all.
(I saw how to do this when somebody posted the last battle video)
EDIT:
I also suggest you save your hearts and use the Cross Item Crash when his health is low.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 07:56:47 PM by New Dracula »

Offline Marto

• Kojima fan :)
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Marto's Art
    • Awards
Re: Naaughty little DXC dracula...
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2007, 08:30:26 PM »
Thank you all so much! :D

:-[ Oh my, I just noticed that at the beginning I'd said
"So, can I hate mini-guides from you guys regarding how to beat him with each" Instead of saying have. Sorry if it sounded strange. :)

Tags: