Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: How is it possible...?  (Read 4498 times)

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« on: November 02, 2007, 09:30:59 PM »
How is it possible that the Konami employees, who wrote the new dialog and hired the new voice actors for the PSP version of SotN, still have jobs? Wasn't the point to improve on the original? And when you die, why does it say "Let us go out THE evening..." instead of "Let us go out THIS evening...?" It just vexes me that, in this day and age, where video games are becoming more theatrical than ever, this can happen.

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
Re: How is it possible...?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 09:42:55 PM »
In Reply To #1

SotN was just garnish for the main course. I wasn't expecting any better, to tell you the truth. And the typo for the game over screen was a leftover from the PSOne Japanese version.

I haven't messed around that much with SotN, to be honest. I stick to the oodles of unlockables on the Rondo remake.
And I can't forget the original RoB, either.
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 12:24:45 AM »
Well, it seems to me, that most of Konami is abandoning Castlevania >.> it seems that way to me.

Offline le052383

• Supreme Newbie From the Kingdom of Newbi
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 02:37:56 AM »
How is it possible that the Konami employees, who wrote the new dialog and hired the new voice actors for the PSP version of SotN, still have jobs? Wasn't the point to improve on the original? And when you die, why does it say "Let us go out THE evening..." instead of "Let us go out THIS evening...?" It just vexes me that, in this day and age, where video games are becoming more theatrical than ever, this can happen.

As Azmodan said, the gameover screen is from the ps1 japanese version.  My best guess in why it is there is that Konami overlooked the engrish.  I think Iga simply used a japanese SOTN, redid the dialogue and inserted the old american logo, enemies list, weapons list, and the library menu.  The reason being is that a few of the enemies have japanese voice tracks, including Medusa.  It explains why the credits seems to credit the japanese voice actors for Al and co and why the gameover screen is not fixed.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 03:25:28 AM »
They more than likely didn't check it at all when they were translating. The original rondo is full of typos and gramatical errors. See the Maria ending for example:

http://serio.i-xcell.com/image/mariaend.gif

"perhaps this two is part is my fate"
"I don't understant"
"a bat thing is still a bad thing!"
"What's he think is so funny?!"

etc.

Offline Raphael Belmont

• Completely New
  • Vampire Hunter
  • whatever!
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 03:44:11 AM »
those bastards...

but don't forget they always did that kind of thing:

YOU NOW PROSSES DRAC'S RIB! >:3

Drac's army of zombie-trannie-weirdos

:-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*

Offline Mortificator

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 04:28:04 AM »
Considering how the new localization was harped about to the gaming mags, it wouldn't have killed Konami to bring in some native English speakers. ::)

I think Iga simply used a japanese SOTN, redid the dialogue and inserted the old american logo, enemies list, weapons list, and the library menu.

I concur.

They more than likely didn't check it at all when they were translating. The original rondo is full of typos and gramatical errors. See the Maria ending for example:

http://serio.i-xcell.com/image/mariaend.gif

My god, even SNK would be embarassed.
Soleil, not Soleiyu
Orlock, not Olrox
Bathory, not Bartley
Richter, not Richiter

Tags: