Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: New DS game staff  (Read 14368 times)

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2007, 06:31:44 AM »
In Reply To #7

I'm looking forward to this game BECAUSE it has the POR Staff behind it.

seriously, POR is a game in which I have been hooked on longer than any other video game I have played to date. (11 months, to be exact, most other games lose their novelty withen two months for me.)

and if they can top that, I'll be plenty satisfied.

I know, I'm not saying I didn't like PoR, it just wasn't good a Castlevania game. Too many glitches, anime, reuseed monsters, utterly STUPID boss battles, except the sisters, my favorite CV boss battle ever.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Quasar

Re: New DS game staff
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2007, 09:03:52 AM »
Keep in mind that just because it's the same staff doesn't mean the game will be the same. There is of course a chance that they will be given time to pull off something of much higher quality and coherence than PoR. And PoR wasn't a bad game anyway. It kept me entertained for several months solid, and I'd probably play it again before I'd consider playing DoS Soma mode. So in that respect it was an improvement.

It also had some cool ideas that need to be kept and improved upon in future executions. Chiefly, areas outside of the castle. I'd prefer these to be implemented as the traditional wandering through the Romanian countryside to get to the castle, rather than areas you continually leave the castle to visit.  The quests were awesome.  Also, the ability to power up your subweapons simply by using them was cool.

Things we can do without are tag team play (that's been done twice now, let's not make it a series requirement), recycled areas, the uninspiring castle layout, bosses that are just cheap instead of difficult (throwing spiked walls at you is just cheap, I don't care what anybody says), and of course, having to see/use those SotN enemies and DoS weapons for the umpteenth time.

So there are good things and bad things. I will give them the benefit of the doubt for now and wait to see if they can improve upon their previous efforts.

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2007, 10:34:17 AM »
I know, I'm not saying I didn't like PoR, it just wasn't good a Castlevania game. Too many glitches, anime, reuseed monsters, utterly STUPID boss battles, except the sisters, my favorite CV boss battle ever.

Richter Mode Lv.1 Hard sisters battle = Awesome.
That was my most epic battle. I was running all over that place, whiping the ice crystals, Using grand cross as a sheild. Having Maria run around with Grand Cross (...just cause it looked cool.) Runner up was the death fight. Im stuck at Brauner though. Have to hit him about 600 times without getting hit more than once. (If I can even survive that 1 hit.)

If they take the best parts of PoR it will be a great game.
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2007, 11:37:02 AM »
In Reply To #33

I had trouble with all those things on normal mode!
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline James Belmont

• Dude
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2007, 04:18:31 PM »
I quite enjoyed PoR. It was certainly fun, and it was nice to see a Castlevania that wasn't so over-flamboyant in design. Gothic tone is nice, but jeeze, does it have to be so fancy? I'm hoping that they get a new artist to do the design work for this game. Someone that brings back the creepiness that the older games had.

Offline mistressalucard

• Diva
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Magical Diva
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Moonlit Path
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2007, 09:46:44 PM »
Oh wonderful...   ::)
---
Lady A

Trevor Belmont Fan

Tags:

anything