Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Akumajou Dracula: Akuma no Chi Chi no Akumu (Translation)  (Read 8951 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Akumajou Dracula: Akuma no Chi Chi no Akumu (Translation)
« on: March 27, 2013, 01:34:44 AM »
+2
Disclaimer: This translation was made by yours truly for the entire Castlevania community. Please credit me if you are posting this somewhere else. If there are any typographical errors or mistranslated parts, please do not hesitate to inform me. I have added the quotation marks for conversations since the novel did not have any.
It takes me about half a day to translate a chapter and the novel obviously has a lot of them, so please bear with the slow translation process. I too have work and I will not be able to do translations everyday. I am reading the novel on a per chapter basis, thus we are all on the same page. I too do not know what would happen next.

Thanks to Nagumo for the scans.
Give me pluses if you like my translation.  :D

Akuma no Chi, Chi no Akumu
(Demon’s Blood, Nightmare’s Blood)

Nativity Chapter

The clouds were swirling. The sky’s dark hues were subtly varying, intricately mixing, dissolving, intertwining. Somehow it looked like Mother Mary’s long dark coiled hair resisting ecstasy.
   The signs of an upcoming storm can be felt running through the atmosphere. Soon, large water droplets would form and hit the earth. From now on, pity the tragic tears that would occur or perhaps, would an involuntary Mother Mary accept madness? The dark sky is writhing in pain. The wind gusts with fear but yet it gave a tepid sign.
   No one walked outside.
   It had always been that these people have survived by communing with nature, that they have overlooked the visible and invisible swings of morality and symbols. However, they did not understand what was it that lies in the bosom of the dark bearing fangs that could tear one apart.
   Foreseeing their helplessness, the villages barred their doors, put out the lights and just tremblingly embraced each other.
   No one walked outside.
   That is why no one noticed something unusual that occurred at the sky above the village. Cracks appeared within the dark storm clouds, disregarding their movements, an emaciated moon peeps through the gap that looks like a thinly opened mouth in the sky.
   The sky is God. If you peek, is it His body or the womb? Cracks in the clouds widen and now they are nearing the shape of a circle.
   Suddenly, in the settled darkness, a flash.  A delayed roar. The filching atmosphere stood still. The mountains were shaking and like an agreement had been made, the forests rumbled. Again, there was a flash of light in the darkness. Far above the sky, the rising thunder shattered the dark clouds, causing complex tendrils to extend.
   The sky is God. If that is His vein, then what flows through it is radiant blood?
   Humble houses nestled flat against the earth. The village was under the rule of the pale darkness. But if you look closely, faint light can be seen escaping from the gaps of firmly shut doors. There are 2 things that must be known.
The first of these is.
   The sound of smashing doors and windows intermingles with the sound of moaning. Inside the house, a bed was made of piled hay and spread with soiled clothes. On top of it laid a young woman who was stifling her pain. She is the source of the moan. Tallow candles cast a lonely light showing her distorted face dripping in sweat. Her grimace loosened and her teeth parted, giving way to a loader moan. She is close to screaming. “Just a little bit, dear”, another woman’s voice was encouraging her. The person who said this was an elderly woman standing on the young woman’s feet. “Woman, this is an ordeal you must bear in order to be a mother.” Then, a louder scream. Then, another voice was heard.
   A smile broke out in the old woman’s tightly bounded lips. A new life had been born.
   The wind working its way on the gap of the door blew out the light of the tallow candles. The room was filled with darkness. At the same time, the firmly closed shatter was ripped out by a gust of wind.
   “What happened”, the woman thought while lifting half of her body up. For a split second, she saw the old woman’s face. The sky shone with lightning and the woman imitated her stupefied face. Held in the old woman’s arms, the child was still wrapped in red amnion.
   Suddenly illuminated by lightning, a shadow rose. A demon with wings of a bat was seen. After that, darkness. The woman was about to say something but the sky interrupted her when it gave a load roar. Then there was the sound of rain.
   At the same time, in the same village, another child was born. Similarly, amnion covered the child’s body. But in this case, it was pure white. Illuminated by lightning, the midwife’s eyes were like angel wings reflecting kindness and beauty.
   The sound of rain grew louder, becoming more violent.
   A long, long stormy night had just begun.

...to be continued

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: Akumajou Dracula: Akuma no Chi Chi no Akumu (Translation)
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 06:09:13 AM »
yesyesyes

I can't thank you enough for translating this. Finally, after all those years...

Please keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 06:12:56 AM by Nagumo »

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 06:37:25 AM »
:::: claps hands fiercely!!! thanks Shiroi!
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 08:24:52 AM »
Thanks. :D
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 08:39:40 AM »
Thank you for translating this.  It's very kind of you to donate your time to the CV community.  What is this novel?  I'm not familiar with it.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 12:50:54 AM »
+1
Change the World Chapter

There is a world where the existence of sunlight is rejected. Dense tree cover extended wherever the eye can see and the earth greedily garbs the blessings of the sky. Pale darkness drifts through the forest floor, thus human sightings here were very rare.
   People lived by clearing a path through the forest and sheltering themselves in the earth. There were a few scattered villages but it was not easy to communicate with each other since the sheer power of nature is a big hindrance. If one were to walk continuously from sunrise until sunset, he would reach his limit. Any travel longer than that is called a journey, a journey where it is said that one should bet his life on.
   The forest is fraught with danger. People passing by were sometimes misled by soul eating spirits and ferocious beasts. There were ideas like aristocrats bringing their vassals who are able to use hunting wolves, but still, anyone who steps into the forest would feel weak from the power of the spirits. The falling leaves and the view of the landscape would suggest that winter has decided to stay. Winter, the opposite of summer. Anyone <Travelling> during this season were said to be mad.
   There were 3 reckless people.
   Dean Silva was carefully observing his 2 companions in his mind. An alchemist who made a name for himself, Pierre Baiyan, whose intentions were far from pleasant and Elizabeth Arye, who is the cause of Dean’s concern.
   “Why did Pierre come?” until now, it is often that this question entered his mind. Dean viewed himself with contempt. “What is the point of thinking of this? Isn’t he also a missionary?” The young man passed by the person leading, he exhaled deeply while wiping the sweat off his brow. Similar to his situation, Liz and Pierre were burning with eagerness to fulfill their life’s work as missionaries. Aside from that, there was nothing else to devote oneself into.
   “But, only –,” he held back his thought.
   “I haven’t failed as a bishop,” Dean thought. “But still, Pierre Baiyan is a criminal.” Pierre decided and stole a year’s payoff from the organization he worked for and just as expected, he went to the capital and lived it up for a night. The price of such momentary pleasure was paid by those workers who had to starve. He had no conscience over his sin, even a little bit was nonexistent. Upon his return to the village, Pierre immediately headed towards the church and knelt in front of the archbishop confessing his sin. While his tears were dropping, a smile was plastered on the edge of his lips, as always.
   “Foul devil!” the villagers cursed Pierre. “it was a deceitful confession!” they shouted. This too had happened in the past.
   Even so, the archbishop had to declare that Pierre’s heart had been cleansed. By the power of God, any criminal can repent and change his ways.
   Like the dark clouds before a storm, the people’s disbelief in the church grew.
   Even with his status as bishop, Dean could not even forgive Pierre. “Still, there are sins that could not be cleansed,” he thought. “The existence of something can be a sin. This refers not to those who were tainted black by sin, but to those who were born with an evil hearts. Look at the Devil who opposes God. That type of evil which fell from grace has no means of salvation. Extinguish, then purify and that would lead to salvation.”
   Dean served under the Territorial Church. This church in most cases is located in the lord’s manor and the ownership and control belongs to the lord of the village. In other words, a private church.
   Guillaume de Buurman, aside from being in charge of the manor, is himself the archbishop who taught his views. Archbishop Buurman was not the type who displays his authority. He is said to be the ideal clergyman, zealous and pious. Except for the talk of one vice.
   He loved women more than anything. Of course, he will not lay his hands on any woman on the street. He chooses his love interest exclusively from the church.  <Baptism> is the slang term for this and it lasts until dawn.
   Like Dean Silva, within the clergy there were people who condemn the archbishop but that largely lay in the gossips. If there were people who had no way but to be taken in by the church, they would grow up as clergymen. Even though Buurman had no obligation to them, they still sing praises to his charity. Even the thought of another man’s woman consenting to be with him at night, people would not go to the trouble of accusing him or even entertain that thought. Also, if the church falls, a lot of people would have trouble getting tomorrow’s bread.
   Guillaume de Buurman did not have the look of a person who displays authority. With his merciful heart, even if he consciously wanted to stay without power, overtime, he was changed into a person with a great authority. People who resisted him did not exist.

to be continued

Translator notes and answers to questions:

Thank you all for appreciating my efforts.  ;D It is painful to translate, some of the words used were in archaic Japanese...
ooohh my head is swimming... hmm, is Ricordanza any easier to translate?...

What is this novel?  I'm not familiar with it.
This is a novel published in the Japanese magazine LOGOUT from 1992 to 1995.
The story was written by Ichiro Tezuka and illustrated by Masaki Takahashi. It was originally intended to be a novelization of Super Castlevania IV but the author decided to create an original story.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 03:30:54 AM »
^To elaborate on that, this story is a completely original work. It's an alternate continuity like Lords of Shadow. Simon Belmont and Dracula are in it, but the world built around them is completely different.