Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "Castletoria" - In Development!  (Read 138729 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: "Castle of Nightmares" - In Development!
« Reply #270 on: June 25, 2017, 12:44:27 AM »
I've not seen this happen in any of my play-troughs however that doesn't mean it won't happen to someone else. Best to keep at the issue till its solved.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #271 on: June 25, 2017, 03:41:39 AM »
I've not seen this happen in any of my play-troughs however that doesn't mean it won't happen to someone else. Best to keep at the issue till its solved.

I will ... but the issue is that I can't reproduce it ;( Tried some more times today on the same build (the demo build) and the sword spawns every time.
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #272 on: June 25, 2017, 10:27:46 AM »
Hmm... Tough call I guess. Maybe someone else will report the issue should it happen to them.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #273 on: June 26, 2017, 08:23:37 AM »
RichterBelmont12 reported to me that he noticed something odd. He said that when he entered the room with the Short Sword (and the axe armor, the room just before the balcony in the very start of the castle) the sword was NOT there. Then he REentered the room and the sword has spawned.

This is very odd and very scary for me. I have tried this around 20 different ways - after players death, after save, after many restarts and the sword was ALLWAYS there if it was NOT picked before that!

Anyone else who played the demo experienced the same thing? Please because this is very important because it might mean that my loot collection system is not working properly!

Nothing, I play like 5 times and that dosnt happen, when I have more time I will try again but for now that dosnt happen to me.

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #274 on: June 29, 2017, 12:52:53 AM »
These are good news :) I will continue for now. I have just made a new attack type - spears, lances, polearms :)
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #275 on: September 13, 2017, 01:36:29 AM »
Long time has passed without any updates of my project.

It is slow really slow. I had to change jobs and it was very stressful experience :(

But here are some updates on CoN if anyone is interested.

This is the Skull Lord (I have yet to give him a name!) he is the second boss of the game and he will have phases. As you can see his first form is a whole skull. The gold fragments below are to be his crown. After you do enough damage to him he will burst and he will become the broken skull with dripping lava.

Other very important thing is that I have to change the native resolution of the game ONE more time!!! The FINAL-final resolution is 640x360 and it will scale perfectly on 16:9 ratios. On all other there will be black bars left, right and (maybe) top and bottom.

This opens new space to add things in the menu. I am thinking of adding another equipment slot and redesigning the equipment a little.

That free space really opens new possibilities for more stuff to put in the menus.

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #276 on: September 14, 2017, 07:11:14 AM »
Looks good, I was thinking in an Idea of a big skeleton but cant think in something good, this is perfect :)

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #277 on: November 15, 2017, 12:59:10 AM »
One of these days I have to start working on this game again.
The problem is that I have a job and fiancée and Nintendo Switch.

However there has been some nasty bug fixing. The player could get stuck in tight places.
I have worked a little on the player transformation because you know he would love to learn spells that allow him to turn into a spider or some other wicked thing.

Other than that it is slow.

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #278 on: December 26, 2017, 03:30:08 PM »
I need your help guys!!!

I have ported my game to Game Maker studio 2 but I have the following problem. When I start the game it runs extremely slowly. If I alt+tab and return to the game it runs perfectly at 60FPS. The problem is with the graphic card I think. If I run with my intel integrated the games runs ok with minor slowdowns but if I run it on my Nvidia 960M if I don't alt+tab and return the game runs at 3FPS.

Could you guys test it on you PCs and tell me your results. PLEASE!!!

Here is the link to the build - https://drive.google.com/open?id=11MWPcDfAbivszylbN0UqbzNmYx_jj3UE

I have already filed a bug in Game Maker Studio so I hope they fix that because I do not get that issue with the older Game Maker Studio 1.4.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #279 on: December 27, 2017, 09:24:10 AM »
I only noticed a slight cosmetic issue with the graphics on the entrance bridge. Four blue blocks and that's it. In terms of slowdown that did not happen. How up to date is your PC?

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #280 on: December 27, 2017, 09:49:50 AM »
I only noticed a slight cosmetic issue with the graphics on the entrance bridge. Four blue blocks and that's it. In terms of slowdown that did not happen. How up to date is your PC?

This is not graphic issue I just forgot to remove the blocks of water it was for testing as well as the elixirs and the skeleton. Also the first boss has 1 HP and you can one shot him :) Also the spear weapon is not coded yet to hurt the enemies :)

My PC is up to date with the latest updates and my Nvidia drivers are the latest. It is very weird issue. As I said I can bypass it my pressing the windows button or alt+tab, basically anything that minimizes the game.

I am happy that this is not global problem :)

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #281 on: December 27, 2017, 12:22:21 PM »

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #282 on: December 27, 2017, 01:00:51 PM »
Well works fine for me :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvkwjHyp954

Nice!!! Then I guess I will continue with the development.

I have to change the start menu and include the new equipment slot. At least I am happy to see that the new resolution is well :)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #283 on: December 28, 2017, 10:04:16 PM »
Looking good! :)

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #284 on: December 30, 2017, 06:59:04 AM »
I found some time to sit and do something for the game.

I thought that I need to make some new additional graphics for the Castle entrance and the "kitchen" area. So I draw some corpses and a special items for the kitchen boss room.

This is the Crematorium that will be on the background. This is static image but when it is in-game it will have hell fires in the fire place and many of the pipes will exhaust smoke or drip some blood.

I have also drawn some holes for the walls that will be filled with the favourite Grag "material".

anything