Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: New Castlevania Season  (Read 32077 times)

Offline Holy Diver

• Have been down too long in the midnight seas
  • Vampire Hunter
  • You probably don't know what I mean tho
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #105 on: May 25, 2021, 08:27:30 AM »
I think I recall that they said something along the lines of "It's hard to balance out four main characters" or something like that in one interview, but I can't seem to find it. Which is still bullshit considering what they did with St. Germain and a few other characters. But yeah, Ellis hating Grant is pretty much the biggest reason for it. Which is more egregious considering how changed up characters like Isaac, St. Germain and even the main cast are. With how shoehorned other characters are it's curious how he still sees Grant solely as "pirate on a landlocked country, how silly lol" and couldn't even bother to make rework him into a character that would work for the show.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 10:59:09 AM by Holy Diver »
Gotta get away

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #106 on: May 25, 2021, 05:26:06 PM »
+1
Sindra just made a cool video detailing all of the easter eggs in this season

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d-PSqZLhzF8

Offline Scarlet starlet

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #107 on: May 27, 2021, 08:38:33 AM »
Snarky long dialogues aside I actually liked this season, maybe because I went in with zero expectations after season 3.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: May 27, 2021, 01:02:27 PM »
True, I grew tired of the snarky dialogue, too. I get what they were going for, but damn, they laid it on pretty thick. Made the characters less likeable to a degree. Not a bad show overall, but it definitely had some flaws.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: May 27, 2021, 01:15:12 PM »
With the way it ended, the show is kinda like it’s own self-contained story (obviously) with no room for a sequel series. I just finished it & I don’t see how they can “continue” it in another century since they already gave Dracula his happy ending.

I mean, I guess they could, but at that point it would be so far detached from any game they want to base it on, so why bother. Unless, of course, they just make their own narrative & not follow the CV timeline/plot at all which is very possible

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #110 on: May 27, 2021, 07:31:24 PM »
Guess they could pull out one of Castlevania’s “other” villains that didn’t have allegience to Dracula and see where it goes, like Walter, The Forgotten One, Olrox, Brauner, or Galamoth.  But I suppose give Dracula another 100 years and he could go bad again for some contrived reason.  But yeah, maybe they just ought to reboot it with the next series.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #111 on: May 28, 2021, 08:44:13 AM »
Just finished the season. Thoroughly pleased with the series as an animated TV show. As a Castlevania series it's.... questionable?

Ya know there IS a lot of room to actually continue / resurrect this storyline if they went the route of Bloodlines....
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #112 on: May 29, 2021, 06:29:05 AM »
+1
since they already gave Dracula his happy ending.
the writer giveth, and the writer taketh away...
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: May 29, 2021, 07:16:10 AM »
You know, Hell isn’t supposed to be a place where you get to be with your loved ones for all eternity.  I wonder if Dracula first had to defeat Satan before he could find Lisa and maybe gained some new powers as a result.  Or maybe they’re buds haha.  I wonder if Lisa thinks Satan is real now.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 07:19:53 AM by Reinhart77 »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: May 29, 2021, 08:00:05 AM »
I can imagine the writers not depicting Satan as “Lucifer the fallen angel” but more like a title that any powerful demon can inherit. Convoluted reason, but I wouldn’t be surprised if that was their explanation

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #115 on: May 29, 2021, 10:13:58 AM »
I can imagine the writers not depicting Satan as “Lucifer the fallen angel” but more like a title that any powerful demon can inherit.

The Bible continually contradicts itself on numerous occasions. Lucifer and Satan are not the same person and yet in other sections of the scripture they are. They need to get their shit straight...
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Holy Diver

• Have been down too long in the midnight seas
  • Vampire Hunter
  • You probably don't know what I mean tho
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #116 on: May 29, 2021, 11:58:52 AM »
The Bible continually contradicts itself on numerous occasions. Lucifer and Satan are not the same person and yet in other sections of the scripture they are. They need to get their shit straight...
Afaik Satan is litteraly "the opposer" in Hebrew so it can be like any given demon, an infidel or the prince of hell we all know and love aka Lucifer, all depending on the context. Lucifer on the other hand is mostly or exclusively reffering to one and the same entity. But I haven't done any bible study in a while, so I could just be pulling this outta my ass. To be taken with a grain of salt, bitte.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 12:23:09 PM by Holy Diver »
Gotta get away

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #117 on: May 29, 2021, 06:03:17 PM »
You know, Hell isn’t supposed to be a place where you get to be with your loved ones for all eternity.  I wonder if Dracula first had to defeat Satan before he could find Lisa and maybe gained some new powers as a result.  Or maybe they’re buds haha.  I wonder if Lisa thinks Satan is real now.
That was something I never really considered.
The hell in this seems less christian mythology, in practice, and more greek/roman hell, which was just grey limbo.

I wanted to say something like "why is Lisa in hell if she was essentially martyred for just doing science, and it's established in season 1 that the Church in Wallachia was corrupt as hell and not very holy" but I guess marrying someone like Dracula and siring an offspring with him would do that.

Afaik Satan is litteraly "the opposer" in Hebrew so it can be like any given demon, an infidel or the prince of hell we all know and love aka Lucifer, all depending on the context. Lucifer on the other hand is mostly or exclusively reffering to one and the same entity. But I haven't done any bible study in a while, so I could just be pulling this outta my ass. To be taken with a grain of salt, bitte.
Sounds plausible. Considering Christianity is a religion built on top of another religion, but both while having the same DNA, are also separated by the several thousand year history of Christianity and it's texts *after* it's parent religion, where even to this day scholars will discover new ancient texts that sometimes contradict some established canon.

To say nothing of language considering there's 2 major languages involved that shifted between the 2. From hebrew to strictly latin. (and that's not even bringing up that there is a marked difference between the kind of latin that the Romans would have used, and what we now know as "ecclesiastic" Latin- As well as similar with Hebrew)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 06:10:45 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: June 01, 2021, 02:26:48 PM »
I was reading this commentary article about Isaac and came across the line that the Captain told Isaac “If you don’t have your own story, you become part of someone else’s.”  This got me wondering if perhaps there might be a spinoff series in the future with Isaac as the lead.  Might not fit the bill for a new series being described as not being a spinoff and having a completely different cast, but maybe someday. 

https://www.themarysue.com/isaac-castlevania-humanity-race/

Offline SecretWeapon

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #119 on: June 01, 2021, 06:12:32 PM »
God seems to be a thing here to some degree, despite everything, so basically everything from "Lisa was a sinner", passing through "God's great plan" and "Heaven would have been Hell for Lisa without Vlad" is posible.

Tags: