Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Casual gamers...*sigh*  (Read 25169 times)

Vermanubis

Casual gamers...*sigh*
« on: June 16, 2008, 06:07:03 PM »
They're like the tourists of the gaming world. They're ignorant, they herd like cattle and they destroy our games.

I'm personally tired of this wave of mediocrity in the video game world. When a hardcore gamer sees a game, they see the art and passion put into it, but when a casual gamer (casual can also be substituted with "retard".) picks up a game, they don't see anything but generic, soulless merriment, like Wii Fit, Guitar Hero or some crap.

As long as these boobs of society continue to flock to video games because they're just OMG SO KEWL, the publishers and developers will keep perpetuating the cycle of mediocrity to earn the money, rather than the respect of their loyal fans.

Nintendo, mainly, are the ones responsible of this. Dumbing down all of their franchises and ripping the soul out of them, just so Mr. Retard Gamer doesn't have to think too hard to get the game, and plus Nintendo can accentuate the Wii's gimmicks guilt free.

/Rant

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Casual gamers...*sigh*
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 06:10:42 PM »
On the contrary, I feel Mario Galaxy is one of the best Mario's ever made. Never before has their been so much variety in level design and interaction. I was constantly wowed with each new thing I did or level I played.

It also didn't look and sound bad either. ;)

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Vermanubis

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 06:13:13 PM »
Really?

I despised it ._.

It became too repetitive, and simple. The level designs felt very...aimless and chaotic for my tastes. It didn't have any exploration factors to it, it was too linear for it's level design and size.

Offline fallenangel86

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 06:14:47 PM »
art...i always hate that argument. video games(hence the freakin name) are designed have fun with, not to be stared at.

Vermanubis

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 06:15:59 PM »
I just feel the casual gaming revolution is what is killing the old gaming industry and pushing old fans away.

I really don't care how many gimmicks the Wiimote has, I just want a good solid game, that I can spend 50$ on without regret. So far the Wii has impressed me with nothing but Brawl, RE: Umbrella Chronicles and Mariokart Wii.

Vermanubis

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 06:16:43 PM »
In Reply To #5

Many view it as an art form.

I view Castlevania, Final Fantasy, Tales series, Contra and many other series artwork.

Vermanubis

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 06:22:30 PM »
Perhaps this will explain more in depth what I am talking about.

http://malstrom.50webs.com/birdman.html

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 06:36:13 PM »
So far the Wii has impressed me with nothing but Brawl, RE: Umbrella Chronicles and Mariokart Wii.

You should play No More Heroes.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 07:34:26 PM »
I just feel the casual gaming revolution is what is killing the old gaming industry and pushing old fans away.

In many ways this is true. Companies dumb down games to reach a wider more accesible audience. I think we're going to have to deal with it for now.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

warfreak

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2008, 02:27:43 AM »
Well, video game developing is a business after all. They want to make money. It's part of reality, so we have no choice but to accept it. >.<

Not all casual gamers are retards, either. That's a hasty generalization and an example of elitist behavior, imo.  :P
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 03:25:32 AM by warfreak »

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2008, 03:24:49 AM »

The trick is to make a game that's tough as nails, fun and addicting, like the original castlevania to pull casual and hardcore players in. If the game is made well enough difficulty doesn't matter, Halo is a good example while it's not really my bag everybody got into it, even people who had never been hardcore before and once you got into it the race to beat it on legendary began so you could brag to all your friends and show off your stats online. Doom is another good example.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2008, 05:56:36 AM »
So far the Wii has impressed me with nothing but Brawl, RE: Umbrella Chronicles and Mariokart Wii.

Wow, I hate all 3. Anyway, I also dislike the Wii, and haven't found any games that I think really belong on it... except for the basic Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Fit, etc.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Nintega

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2008, 07:36:32 AM »
In Reply To #12
You are nothing more than a casual gamer yourself! :o
You claim to be one BIG, BIG fan of castlevania, yet you are always talking BS.
You say that new games such as SSBB or other games are crap because they are nothing like Castlevania.
You're just going ahead buying all the other castlevania games because you say you are "addicted" to the series.
THAT IS BS!
"Oh gee whiz, I sure am addicted to CV and CV only Mom."
You are nothing more than a poser and a CASUAL gamer yourself.
I despised these new kinds of gamers.

It's like the new hip thing to pick up some random game that looks exciting just to fit in.
Jesus Christ.....

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2008, 08:03:53 AM »
In Reply To #13

I don't approve of your name, nor your random acusations. If don't have anything to say that is both logical and can be supported by fact, then keep your worthless arguements to yourself. FYI, I have actual reaons not to like those games and Wii. You think that simply because I say I don't like a few games, that just happen to not revolve around Castlevania, I don't like them just for that reason? Did you even bother to ask why I did not like those games, or any others that I don't like? Did it even occur to you that I DO in fact have gaming interests besides Castlevania? Didn't think so, buddy. Next time get your facts straight.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2008, 08:36:09 AM »
What is this? Who dares insult CVFan13? Lo, who is this mockery that is CVFan18? He will be tormented, and dealt with accordingly. He knows not what he speaks of. Do not pay any attention to his misleading words.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Tags:

anything