Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2378580 times)

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)

Will. Go. Mad.

At least these first two images are pretty dark and evil looking. If this is more open ended in structure, chances are I'm gonna like this game a lot. I wanna explore and find hidden passages that leads to, dunno, a CRYPT or something. And chapels and catacombs and graveyards and clocktowers and underground lakes.

And a torture chamber.

sooooooo excited =o

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
I say we are pretty blessed with mercurysteam, with proper direction they could make proper/great 3d castlevania games.

Mercury Steam's talent is undeniable, the question is how that talent is best applied.  LoS is what it is, and LoS2 could be a fantastic improvement in every way.  I'm actually more curious what a 2-D game from MS would look and play like...

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
sooooooo excited =o

If...if...it'snot an alucard leading role game than I will gladly accept an open castle to explore to make up for it.
:D

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Interesting. I hope they reveal something significant, like the name of the protagonist and maybe some bits of information about the game in general.

Offline The Silverlord

• Vampire Hunter
    • YouTube
    • Awards

"Castlevania: Dragon Gone Wild"

Crisis, come on, you can do much better than that.

Why not "Lords of the Rings: The Two Towers?"  Forget medusa heads, you've even got potential Nazgûl flying around, right?  You guys and gals are going to have a field day with this, forget all that 'criticisms before we see the actual game running' bollocks.

Anyway, Paul Gale mentioned on NeoGAF both games are playable at E3, I'm inclined to go with him.

Can't bloody wait.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
If the entire game actually takes place in the castle, I will be absolutely astounded if they can make a game as large and long as LoS. 40+ hours in Dracula's castle sounds crazy.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
The LDF are surely crazy about negatives these days... they don't even get a joke.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
If the entire game actually takes place in the castle, I will be absolutely astounded if they can make a game as large and long as LoS. 40+ hours in Dracula's castle sounds crazy.

I mean they technically could. Instead of doing those outdoor levels like in LOS, just substitute them with huge castle sections that you have to unlock by getting an ability SOTN style.

Imagine a huge library location, a huge clocktower...etc..( not like the smaller sized ones in the last game)

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
I mean they technically could. Instead of doing those outdoor levels like in LOS, just substitute them with huge castle sections that you have to unlock by getting an ability SOTN style.

Imagine a huge library location, a huge clocktower...etc..( not like the smaller sized ones in the last game)
The artwork suggests multiple builds, like castles, cathedrals... at least that's how I see it. Maybe the game will be on a giant feud.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)

Does it really need to be that long?

Sometimes too much is bad I would go maybe not that long. Last time I checked los did a lot of repeating with puzzles and 40 plus hours with puzzlemania does not sit well with me.

(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
Of course not, but it's neat to think about. Something around 15-20+ hours would be nice as well.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)

Imagine if the reports about it being like the Batman games like that one MS developer said about the engine. 40+ hours in Wallachia....Jesus.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
LoS was about 20 hours which is pretty long for a CV game. I think it will be the same with this game.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
LoS was about 20 hours which is pretty long for a CV game. I think it will be the same with this game.
LoS took me over 40 hours to finish. Probably the longest game I have ever played in my lifetime yet.
DLC will make it even longerrrrrrrr
As long as the DLC is just extra stages that don't add any importance to the overall story like LoS did.

anything