Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Anyone think Link (And Legend of Zelda) is overrated?  (Read 19080 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Re: Anyone think Link (And Legend of Zelda) is overrated?
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2007, 02:52:06 PM »
Quote from: Blue Cheese
But I do agree that the games are sort of lessening in their impact.  Link's Awakening and ATtP are among my most favoritest games evar but beyond OoT, I've been like "oh...a new Zelda game. How quaint."

You just hit the nail on the head. My thoughts exactly.

I'm in the mood for some Zelda cereal

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2007, 10:55:37 PM »
Still, I just think it's overrated... I don't even know where the fandom comes from, I mean, the games pretty much suck, they're all repetitive and annoying, the main character has no personality and is the tired, cliched old "Warrior who saves the princess" guy.

What do people see in these games and characters!?

Tried and true storytelling.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

mgfcortez

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2007, 05:08:41 AM »
zelda is a great game not everybody thinks the same you say zelda trash but i love it and hope for more games like it!
what i think is trash is FPS and turnbase games i love to kill  the ppl who make them such worthless piece's of dog shit!
but there ppl who likes them so who am i to piss on FF9 or FF278.lol
ppl will keep running back to games like black wile i wipe my ass with such sucky games.
and praise my zelda and other great hack and slash games.
shit i love conan when ppl said it sucked but they play these other games that i think are trash and worthless.
so in true what you think or what i think don't matter.
what matters is that ppl enjoy what they like some zelda some FPS turnbase or sport games i hate all 3 but other love them.
so they'll keep making more.

so your alone saying zelda is trash when 95% of ppl think its gold.
i'm brobly not in the 5% that hate sport games turnbase and FPS as well.
so imo we're both wrong and don't know shit because alot of other ppl get into these games and enjoy them and thats what shows how worth wile they are;)

Offline Mr Sven

• Did Blow up Megaton City - Dirty Ghouls!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2007, 12:39:10 PM »
In Reply To #2

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7SoY71jLpEE (nsfw, language)
Zelda cd-i?

I was really hoping someone would note that as sarcasm.
Legio XIII

<-------- It's mee!

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2007, 07:18:47 AM »
I used to love zelda, but castlevania took its place in my life. I have have some form of every zelda game so far except links awakening.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2007, 09:41:20 PM »
Anyone in their right mind can see why Zelda is such a popular franchise. It oozes with quality, and even if you don't like the particular style or characters you can surely see that most of the games in the series are extremely well done. I mean, I don't care for Metal Gear Solid but I still recognize quality when I see it. That doesn't mean I will automatically be a fan of the games. But I don't go around saying "OMG MGS SUX". Cause it doesn't.

So, this topic fails.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2007, 08:19:00 AM »
In Reply To #10
Yeah, cause saving is the most fun part of ANY GAME.

In Reply To #18
That was absolutely unreadable.

In Reply To #21
I agree with you 100%.  I really don't like Zelda games, but I don't think they are bad games.  Just not my taste.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 08:42:24 AM by Bloodreign »
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2007, 08:40:36 AM »
Geez three posts to get a point across, try keeping it to one if possible JoW(now whittled down to one post instead).
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 08:43:07 AM by Bloodreign »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2007, 12:41:39 PM »
Quote from: Jerkofwonder
Yeah, cause saving is the most fun part of ANY GAME.

I never said it was fun, I just stressed how Zelda basically set the standard.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2007, 01:46:56 PM »
In Reply To #23
I just hit reply to the posts I wanted to reply to.  My bad that I'm used to the old board that puts them together automatically... ::)
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2007, 03:29:56 PM »
+1
I don't think so. Zelda has always been more laid back. I have to start TP all over again because my Wii's memory got wiped  :-[
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Oralox

• BANNED
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2007, 08:33:19 PM »
In Reply To #2
Make a couple of good games and wait for them to look overrated. Then make about one or two bad games for a taste balance in the franchise.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2007, 11:09:14 PM »
I don't really seek out Zelda, though I do make a tradition out of beating LttP once a year.

I found The Minish Cap to be very predictable and repetitive... and that's about my knowledge of newer Zeldas. So, yeah, I guess it could be a little overrated.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2007, 08:15:30 AM »
I was into the NES Zelda games, but I guess my tastes changed over time. My brother is into TP and the SNES & N64 games, but I can't imagine going thru them. I'm not much of an RPG guy anymore. Still, I can see why people like them, they do come across as pretty well done even if I don't dig them.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2007, 02:34:56 PM »
I still think ALttP is the best out of all of 'em!

Tags: