Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "...the XBOX ONE, no longer an always be ready and connected console..."  (Read 53303 times)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
What the fuck is that supposed to mean? Sounds like they're trying to rebrand the always on connection thing after the debacle a couple months ago.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 01:20:00 AM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Re: "...the XBOX ONE, an always be ready and connected console..."
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 11:09:59 AM »
The reveal was a joke, did I see the enw generatiopn of gaming or the next generation of tv?

You can't even use the same game in another account IN your console without paying Microsoft.

http://kotaku.com/the-xbox-is-not-always-online-but-seems-to-block-used-509077987

This is bullshit. I for one, embrace PS4.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 11:25:08 AM »
+1
What a shitty reveal. Lot's of non-game things on this box... lol

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 11:50:04 AM »
+1
The reveal was a joke, did I see the enw generatiopn of gaming or the next generation of tv?

You can't even use the same game in another account IN your console without paying Microsoft.

http://kotaku.com/the-xbox-is-not-always-online-but-seems-to-block-used-509077987

This is bullshit. I for one, embrace PS4.

I feel like this goes beyond the issue of used games. What if I have a cool Xbox game, and my buddy and I are getting together at his house. He can't just say, "Hey, why don't you bring that game over, and we'll play!" No, you have to bring your whole console. I already get irritated enough with saved data being attached to one profile. You have to move the whole profile to another console via the internet to load saved data from a memory card! To do that with games that you own too? That's just ridiculous.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 12:04:32 PM »
Imagine that your little brother can't play the game on his own account in the family console. Without paying MS, of course.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 12:36:29 PM »
+2
Yeah. Fuck that shit. Can't say as I much care for PS4 either so far. I'm glad I got a Wii U. It has issues, but it's still fun and it doesn't have all those bullshit restrictions for games on physical media. Hmmm... it occurs to me that what they are trying to do is treat physical media like digital media. Fuck them. This is the kind of shit that makes me want learn how to jailbreak and softmod MS and SONY consoles, even though I don't have any, just so I can do it for other people.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 01:20:51 PM »
+2
Wait that's really what they're calling it? That's worse than that Japanese-only thing Sony called the "PSX". Hell it's worse than "Wii", crude jokes aside at least Wii makes sense in the "Weeeeee I'm on a ride having fun!" level. Who names the third iteration of ANYTHING "One"?
The naming here seems to reflect the stupidity of all of the details coming out about the console. What's the point of buying physical media if you can't reuse it? If the disc is going to be a coaster after the first use I'll do the smart and environmentally friendly thing and stick with my PC and Steam/Gog thanks.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 01:26:44 PM by Ratty »

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 01:34:31 PM »
+1
Brodude marketing.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 01:38:15 PM »
HAHAHA, oh man some of the details here... Always online, you have to INSTALL your game onto the harddrive (which can later be played without the need for the disc, making the disc a waste of money) and if you want to swap the game between accounts, you must pay a fee.

Microsoft has screwed itself over with the DRM amagement here. particularly because this is a DIRECT jab at gamestop's used games industry. And I'll bet Gamestop doesn't take too kindly to that.

Can you imagine if gamestop decided not to sell the Nextbox?(calling it that from now on)

Also, have to be online all the time, and the RUMOR is that kinect will be always on all the time as well.

plus it just looks butt ugly.

it looks like my VCR and DVD player had a lovechild.

Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2013, 01:40:09 PM »
What about the new news? Remember that the hwhole presentation was an advertising for TV, well....

THE TV SERVICE IS BEHIND PAYWALL (XBOX LIVE) US ONLY AND REQUIRES ADDITIONAL HARDWARE SOLD SEPARATELY
http://www.vg247.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-live-tv-available-in-us-only-at-launch-requires-separate-device/

Please wake me up

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2013, 02:17:14 PM »
+2
*Reading all of the news*

Wow MS, you just made my purchase of the PS4 (and Wii U I guess) so much easier.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 02:19:42 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2013, 02:20:36 PM »
+1
Lol, Xbox... What are they thinking?

They're going to do so badly this generation.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2013, 03:21:22 PM »
+1
Hey, at least we can all that Microsoft/Xbox One for one thing, they are making the decision way more easier for us in the next coming gen.  ;)

I'm sticking with my Wii U, and if they come up with some new interesting tidbits regarding PS4, I'll consider it. XB1, I'm done with ya!

Funny thing regarding the used/rented game "fees", they are full priced:

http://kotaku.com/you-will-be-able-to-trade-xbox-one-games-online-micros-509140825
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 03:24:46 PM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2013, 03:46:55 PM »
+1

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2013, 04:02:22 PM »
+1
Oh wow, they seriously done goofed hard. It'd take nothing short of a miracle for this crap to make a considerable profit.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Tags: