Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "...the XBOX ONE, no longer an always be ready and connected console..."  (Read 53384 times)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: "...the XBOX ONE, an always be ready and connected console..."
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2013, 04:00:16 PM »
Recent rumor from Geoff Keighley hints that Sony's going to take a similar stance with used games:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=567973&page=7

We have some time until it's proven true or not, but if it is, I'm out of the next gen, and who knows, it WILL most likely kill my return to any Sony or Microsoft console in the future. In other words, GAME OVER. I'm still sticking with Wii U, though. Even if it happens to go the route where Nintendo becomes a sinking ship, I'd rather go down with it than hop aboard the "always on, no used games" future the other two ships set sail for.

I know some people go, "Well, it's the future, man! Gotta get with the times, because this is the evolution of technology!" and I don't see it exactly as that. It doesn't seem as beneficial as some believe it to be. My analogy is, what if it became popular to surgically remove your arms and legs and be a stump of a human being. It's called "Nubbing" and it becomes SUPER in-style and is even hailed by the popular peeps as being the future. And then, EVERYBODY starts doing it. To the point that you even question if the world is crazy or if they are sane and YOU are crazy. Still, I hold my ground, if it meant to be considered the last of a dying breed, well then, I'm the last of a dying breed. People could go nub themselves to hell as far as I'm concerned. That's not MY future, and I'm not going to let others dictate(be it popular trend or corporate influence) how I live my life, what I like and what I do.

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2013, 04:30:25 PM »
+1
We're consumers. WE ultimately decides who profits and who doesn't. So I'll send them a message by not buying this crap, literally not buying it.
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2013, 04:59:35 PM »
We're consumers. WE ultimately decides who profits and who doesn't. So I'll send them a message by not buying this crap, literally not buying it.
True that!!

Guafafa, did anybody read the updated article I posted? It's still a rumor, but seemingly the rumor says that Sony planned on and because of the negative reaction with XBONE, they are reconsidering it(the feature is on "hold"). So, who knows? Maybe, just maybe, something good WILL come out of this. Hell, if Sony doesn't follow Microsoft's route, then maybe it's a slim glimmer of hope that companies will start to take theit consumers SERIOUSLY and not try to lead 'em around like a puppet master and tell them HOW they SHOULD enjoy their consoles and just LET THEM enjoy their consoles.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2013, 05:45:15 PM »
+1
If you want, you can contact the head of Sony worldwide on Twitter and voice your concerns (he's very vocal as well).

https://twitter.com/yosp

If Sony is really reconsidering from using used game DRM due to the negative reactions from Microsoft's side, this'll be a good chance as any to convince them to drop it altogether.

Microsoft has made gamers homeless with the XB1, Sony now has a chance to welcome the homeless with open arms.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2013, 07:58:31 PM »
+3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TMYso30L9zI#!

Get ready for that next gen CoD technology guys.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2013, 08:55:18 PM »
Supre Mario 64 > Crap of Duty

Everything comes full circle

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2013, 11:09:10 PM »
Ok seriously how many more bullets do they want to stick in their chamber for this round of Russian Roulette? Or Hell at this rate they well as well be playing it with a loaded Glock.
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2013, 11:40:32 PM »
Haha. Forget the Glock. I'm pretty sure it's a fully-loaded 357 with hollow-tipped slugs to boot. That way we can see all the crap that they shoved up their brainpan over the last few years. I'm betting that when it comes time to pull the trigger we'll be seeing them splatter all over the place.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2013, 12:22:20 AM »
Oh what a wonderful splatter they will make!

Hackers will be on standby to break that console.

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2013, 03:46:32 AM »
I can't believe I'm saying this, but if Sony pulls the same crap as MS, my only system this new gen will be the WiiU and 3DS. I'll be a Nintendo fanboy again.
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2013, 09:15:03 AM »
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/26/report-xbox-one-will-be-region-locked/
Is there even a valid reason behind the whole "region lock" thing. I mean, I've always scratched my head and wondered WHY consoles are locked. Wouldn't it be better if they were unlocked? Wouldn't that mean that gamers could BUY games from OTHER countries and other developers from those other countries and enjoy them despite the language barrier(and I mean language heavy games)? That's still, basically, technically, allowing gamers to SUPPORT studios/developers/publishers via international means. And hell, I doubt it would stop those who just want localized games. Especially collectors whose aim is to own both games(meaning they are paying for TWO games).

IMO, it's one of those things about the industry that I never understood WHY it happens because, I'd think, it would allow gamers to BUY MORE games, localized and international!

It's kinda like Nintendo being so prudish in America, but they aren't AS prudish in Japan with stuff like Captain Rainbow and various other "innuendos" in other games. It's still a family system, but I think, especially in THIS day and age, NoA is trying to hold on to the 1950s Americana "Beaver Cleaver" idealized America and protect them from vulgar and sexual things, when I'm pretty sure the average kid-teen frankly doesn't care. Hell, I'd go on to say kids didn't care since the inception of the NES(I know I wouldn't have cared as a 6-year old who used to love watching horror movies complete with tittes, gore, sex and any action movie with Arnie, Sly and such complete with explosions and dismemberment(quite frankly, I might've brought this up, but kids tend to not know the weight of something until grown-ups tell them, as in, kids can see nudity and not understand it's "naughtiness" until an adult tells them it's wrong, and suddenly, it BECOMES "wrong"). Loosen the reins, they've become as bad as an overprotective mother.

Damn, wouldn't it be a perfect world if these game companies LISTENED to their fans?

SQUARE ENIX: "We are here to release Final Fantasy XIII.... directed by Yoshinori Kitase and writen by Nojima!!! Sequels? Wouldn't dream about it! Each game is FINAL! If you want 'sequels', we are proud to announce we are doing a NEW Chrono game!!! We also unveil Final Fantasy Type-0, which will have a simultanious release in Japan and the West!! And last, prepare for it, we are unveiling KINGDOM HEARTS III!!!".

;D

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2013, 09:47:47 AM »
I can't believe I'm saying this, but if Sony pulls the same crap as MS, my only system this new gen will be the WiiU and 3DS. I'll be a Nintendo fanboy again.

Why not just skip this generation if that happens? There's so much to play in the last generation and the generation before that and so on. Plenty of games to keep you occupied.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2013, 09:58:17 AM »
This is awesome(and oddly enough, pretty much align with my belief regarding the industry)!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/7370-When-The-Starscreams-Kill-Used-Games

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2013, 10:37:46 AM »
Why not just skip this generation if that happens? There's so much to play in the last generation and the generation before that and so on. Plenty of games to keep you occupied.

That's certainly an option. Heck, I only own a 360 this gen, so yes, I have plenty of great games still left to to play. I know I want to get a 3DS, but other than that, I seriously have been considering skipping out this next gen entirely. I've gotten to the age where I can control my impulse to "need" to buy something I want regardless of it's policies towards the consumer.

The fact that my time for gaming is very low, and will continue to be until the baby grows up helps too.
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Tags: